Author Topic: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4250 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2016, 09:17:25 AM »
I have found several items in the Beta that are annoying at best and could be bugs worth fixing.
First is the gun pipper...it changes position between normal view and zoom.  I fly with my seat as high as it will go and place a mark on my monitor where the center of the gunsight should be.  It is different between the two and I have two markers on my monitor about 21/2 inches apart.  I also noticed last night when I flew the Mustang D for the first time last night, the center of the pipper is about 1/2 inch to the left of my marks for other planes I have flown.
This is simply the new default forward view angle, if you wish like it was previously, simply press HOME followed by F10 so save the new default.

Second is the engine sound.  The pitch of the engine doesn't change until you are near idle.  The volume changes to get softer or louder as you decrease or increase the throttle, but the engine pitch remains the same.
This is the way the real planes work. You can if you wish now modify your own engine effects and change the way it works. (See custom sound thread)

Third:  The tracers aren't as bright as I would like and I don't seem to get sprites on my strikes (if I am even making any).  Is this the current paradigm?
Probrably.

Lastly, The ack seems to be unusually accurate and deadly compared to AH II.  I don't think my approach to a field is significantly different, but I am seeing a lot of "First Ping Kills" form ground fire.

Thank you,

TeeArr

The ack has not changed at all.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
For some reason it doesn't switch control mode automatically for me.

F4UC lost WEP

Do you mean it was working but then ran out?

If so this is a bug I fixed from AHII about 10 beta versions back.The code was written to have multiple methods of wep.I always thought it worked that way. After 15 years I only recently noticed there was a slight bug in the code.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:28:31 AM by hitech »

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »
On craterMA, base 150. If you try to spawn a GV from the hanger you end up in the lake in the crater.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »
First off, it seems my Clipboard map Text has changed and has some display errors...

The strange characters you have at the end of your menu items is do to a font loading.

AHIII includes windows true type fonts of it own that we have modified some characters to include things like arrows and the bishop night rook symbols.
HTCTimesNewRoman
HTCArial
HTCArialBold.

For some reason your system is overriding our font selection of .

The only thing I can think of is that true type fonts are some how disabled on your system.

HiTech

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »
In Greebo's Crate MA if I spawn a GV from the hangar at V149 It's into the middle of  lake. If I spawn a GV from V149 to V106 and then end sortie it's back in the lake briefly, then shifts to tower.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »
The spawning into the lake issue is a beta 13 bug rather than a CraterMA bug. HT has said it is fixed for the next version.

Until its fixed this will happen on CraterMA if you use the H spawn at fields V136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 148, 149 or 150 while in a Hetzer, M16, M18, M3, M4A3(75), M8, Panther, Panzer IV F, Panzer IV H,  Sd Kfz 251, T34/76, T34/85, Ostwind or Wirbelwind.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2016, 11:52:36 AM »
Do you mean it was working but then ran out?

If so this is a bug I fixed from AHII about 10 beta versions back.The code was written to have multiple methods of wep.I always thought it worked that way. After 15 years I only recently noticed there was a slight bug in the code.

HiTech

I believe it was working and then stopped automatically when the temperature hit the stop. After that it never returned until I re-planed.
Was the other system to realistically simulate water injection?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
I believe it was working and then stopped automatically when the temperature hit the stop. After that it never returned until I re-planed.
Was the other system to realistically simulate water injection?

It does both the settings have a wep time ,cool down rate ,and a total time.

On stuff with consumables the wep time and total time are set the same so you only get 1 cycle. Or any other variance needed.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2016, 12:48:10 PM »
Will how WEP functions for each aircraft ever be a note in the hanger to help us know what we are getting, like the fuel amount and how long the flight time will be? Since the tanks have a right click armor review option, maybe a right click WEP explanation option. Or can you output a readable list for all aircraft?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »
I can't remember it if I have mentioned; The sea and water look great down at low altitude, but if at altitude, over sea. Looking down or flying down towards the sea, the water has the same blue colour tone with no sparkles from light hitting the water or any froth from breakers and waves. For realisms sake it would be nice to have those features and a greenish tint to the water and some sand whirls near beaches.

Coasts
http://eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/imagerecords/69000/69546/France.A2003343.1045.500m.jpg

green tint
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2016, 01:17:21 PM »
Dolby,

If this water is our permanent water, then something to keep in mind. I did some FoV testing and discovered that the higher you set the number from 80, the more you will have to use zoom to see the con itself while it is back dropped by that water. Thankfully the icon makes it possible to keep track of the con but, if we never had Icons, we would either all have to play at 80 or everyone wears out a zoom button.

One caveat is, if the sun effects on the water are below or between you and the con. Everywhere else, that deep blue sucks the visual definition contrast out of the con. Think AH2 furballs over water just after sunrise our just before sunset but, at noon on the beta oceans. I had to increase my gamma to 1.4 and that really didn't help with the con and water contrast.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
As has been reported, spawned into lake from V55 but adding a bit more when ending sortie you end up at f121.