Author Topic: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4308 times)

Offline NerdFather

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2016, 04:38:27 PM »

Also are you using a headset mic or a built in mic?

headset mic

So will it be much louder in AH2 when u flip back there..
I can understand how to turn it up etc but thanks 😆
Just it's fine in AH2 ..not in AH3. ..thought it was worth mentioning

maybe I should really have mic and headphones plugged into my video card

No your settings in each game are stored individually, Changing things In AH3 will not change things in AH2.

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2016, 05:04:17 PM »
Got most of the FPS issues sorted out.

Bug report Tiger 2 tank can't angle the pintle gun to shoot at planes.

Base 150 spawns into water not at base 150

Still getting nauseous when playing

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2016, 05:26:50 PM »
Can not scroll in the "Advanced" sounds menu, where you adjust individual sounds. Also, can you turn down the title music, crazy loud, going to blow out some speakers. I feel if the music is that crazy loud it is going to turn off new players, as they will not want to tough it out long enough to figure out how to adjust it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:32:57 PM by vHACKv »
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2016, 05:31:32 PM »
Just downloaded Beta 13. Got error message"Terrain Creation Error=887608C Name=[] RTF=00000400 Format=00"  What does this mean?
 Frame rate 25-35 in tower. only 10-23 after spawning Panzer which will be unacceptable. Main gun and machine gun fire sporadically without pulling trigger.. Drove to enemy GV base and it was almost impossible to find. Map doesn't accurately reflect position of base. Upon driving around I finally saw a VH but had to drive a lot more to find radar and other structures. Nor knowing we are at a base until we are on it will not make for good playability.

Thanks Bustr. I'll try what you mentioned. I have attached my DxDiag report. Will appreciate any comments on that. It appears my video memory may be a little light.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2016, 06:08:11 PM »
Can not scroll in the "Advanced" sounds menu, where you adjust individual sounds. Also, can you turn down the title music, crazy loud, going to blow out some speakers. I feel if the music is that crazy loud it is going to turn off new players, as they will not want to tough it out long enough to figure out how to adjust it.

because there are no more sounds to scroll to.... correct me if I am wrong  (thought the same thing at first)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2016, 06:15:59 PM »
Chilli,

An HD audio device is often because the video card is HD capable and the person has connected to his monitor that has speakers or his HD TV with an HDMI cable. That can cause sound device conflicts.

I am leaning towards some sort of "device conflict" as the source of the problem.  My suspicion arises from the absence of his headset device in the drop down list.  Although it works, the volume control and mic boost, did not work. 

JimmyC,

You can tune to yourself by putting your name inside of the radio V channel box (same way you tune to vox channel).  You should then be able to hear your vox the same as others in game would hear it.  That will confirm if your changes to mic boost are taking effect or not.  Good luck sir, hope it does work.

From your DxDiag.txt: 

Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
 Default Sound Playback: No
 Default Voice Playback: Yes

In my dxdiag.txt it lists my headset under speakers and default sound and voice playback are both "yes".  Note, I do not have any external speakers connected, do you?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:27:16 PM by Chilli »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »
I will check out volume etc when I am next in front of pc.
I do use hdmi to hd tv as monitor and sound for day to day pc stuff..
Then headphones for aceshigh
No other speakers.,other than tv ones,are attached.
Thanks.for the help
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »
Condor,

You will need to zoom in the clipboard map to adjust the scale to see the real position relative to your map icon. Other wise the bases shown on the map at the default resolution are for general navigation or jumping to bases using your mouse.

Please help Skuzzy by posting a dxdiag report or at least tell us what video card and how much memory on it you are using. Some additional things can be done.

1. - place the environment slider at 0.
2. - disable post lighting effects.
3. - change the texture mode to a lower mode. 4096, 2048, 1024, 512, 256, 128.
4. - if you changed your FoV to a custom number above the default of 80 by a large degree, try lowering it.

Thanks Bustr

You suggestions helped a lot.

Is there a single environment slider? I reduced the settings of the 3 sliders a little. I also disabled post lighting effects and lowered texture mode from 4096 to 2048. FoV is autoset to 74.

Good improvement in frame rate. 59fps w VS on in tower and after I spawned a Panzer. Took out a VH and radar at a base and FPS dropped to 23.
I guess I'll try another reduction in texture mode. my video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6900 w 4095 MB memory (Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB,      Shared Memory: 2065 MB. Don't know what dedicated and shared memory mean.

I did get 2 kills on a Tiger 2 w my Panzer. The guy seemed to be having more trouble than me. We were probably only 200yds apart but he couldn't seem to find me and was firing in wrong direction LOL. I think a lot of us will find adjusting to the new game "interesting".
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2016, 09:28:32 PM »
buffs seemed to have an icon per plane
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
In the current map a few bases are sending tanks to the wrong place when launching them.  Today at base 64 some of us noticed that you couldn't launch in the VH, when you click that middle icon instead of N, NW, or whatever, it would send you out to a place in the middle of a lake/ocean.  Repeatable by several players, I have film of it if needed.  Other launch locations worked ok.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »
For some reason it doesn't switch control mode automatically for me.

F4UC lost WEP
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:20:53 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »
Thanks Bustr

You suggestions helped a lot.

Is there a single environment slider? I reduced the settings of the 3 sliders a little. I also disabled post lighting effects and lowered texture mode from 4096 to 2048. FoV is autoset to 74.

Good improvement in frame rate. 59fps w VS on in tower and after I spawned a Panzer. Took out a VH and radar at a base and FPS dropped to 23.
I guess I'll try another reduction in texture mode. my video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6900 w 4095 MB memory (Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB,      Shared Memory: 2065 MB. Don't know what dedicated and shared memory mean.

I did get 2 kills on a Tiger 2 w my Panzer. The guy seemed to be having more trouble than me. We were probably only 200yds apart but he couldn't seem to find me and was firing in wrong direction LOL. I think a lot of us will find adjusting to the new game "interesting".

Unless AMD\ATI is doing something wrong, the whole HD 9000 series has enough memory, 2G GDDR5, Data Paths - 256bit and band width is all 150Gbyte per\sec to 176Gbyte per\sec. And shaders 1280-1536. Your video card should be working fine at the defaults and 4096 textures, FoV 100. You might try updating your video card drivers. Aside from that, get in line with Mr. Skuzzy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2016, 11:35:03 PM »
Every beta release I run a build of the terrain editor against my gunnery terrain to see what the update looks like.

Beta13 In offline mode on my gunnery terrain.

All GV spawn points not North, spawn the GV facing the arrow heading then suddenly flip the GV around to face North.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2016, 05:19:45 AM »
For some reason it doesn't switch control mode automatically for me.

F4UC lost WEP

Had the same problem went in and selected "auto select mode" in preferences > map controllers. I don't remember if that had to be done in AHII, but I am guessing no. I am having all kinds of issues with it not recognizing all of my setup, TM hotasx throttle with X55 stick (don't ask), but it was fine after I just started clean and remapped everything.
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2016, 09:07:44 AM »
I have found several items in the Beta that are annoying at best and could be bugs worth fixing.
First is the gun pipper...it changes position between normal view and zoom.  I fly with my seat as high as it will go and place a mark on my monitor where the center of the gunsight should be.  It is different between the two and I have two markers on my monitor about 21/2 inches apart.  I also noticed last night when I flew the Mustang D for the first time last night, the center of the pipper is about 1/2 inch to the left of my marks for other planes I have flown.
Second is the engine sound.  The pitch of the engine doesn't change until you are near idle.  The volume changes to get softer or louder as you decrease or increase the throttle, but the engine pitch remains the same.
Third:  The tracers aren't as bright as I would like and I don't seem to get sprites on my strikes (if I am even making any).  Is this the current paradigm?
Lastly, The ack seems to be unusually accurate and deadly compared to AH II.  I don't think my approach to a field is significantly different, but I am seeing a lot of "First Ping Kills" form ground fire.

Thank you,

TeeArr