Author Topic: Put away the xbox's kids, it's time to grow up. Scenario Season is upon us.  (Read 1078 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have agreed to come out of my brief retirement to lead the VVS in the upcoming June 2016 Scenario.
You will note, there is no link to the event, no description, no plane allocations.  It's on the special events forum, go find it.  Might as well get used to this, I don't spoon feed.

Here's the thing about a real scenario.  It is hard work.
I am looking for a team that wants to learn how to do whatever it takes, with whatever we have, and accomplish whatever the objectives are.  I am used to flying with those who don't care what the mission is, we train to accomplish it.  I am used to flying with those who have spent MONTHS in advance becoming a well honed weapon, that can communicate effectively, adapt to conditions as they develop, and learn the skills of the planes and ordinance we have available to make them perform beyond what the charts, graphs and spreadsheets say they can do.

This team will drill, train, practice and thrive.  I am not looking for those who wish to show up at 11:45 on game day and ask "What are we doing?"  I intend to build a team that wants to be a team.  I intend to build a team that knows that it's not the tools they have, but what they do with it.  Many of you have flown with me in a Scenario, you know what it takes.  Many of you have not, but you will want to experience this.

We are already starting to build a leadership base, but it's just the start.  If you remember what a great scenario is built from, join me.  If you have heard, and wonder what it's like, trust me.  If you put in the time, this will be a memorable experience and one that will change the way you play this game.  But, make no mistake, it takes a commitment, if you intend to get the full experience out of a major event, you have to buy in and immerse yourself in the full experience.  The event is not Saturday, the event is every day in preparation for Saturday, so we can spend the following week adjusting for the next Saturday.  The event is the whole experience, not the day we open flight.  If you have gotten this far and have thought, gee this sounds like a lot of work, you are right, it is, that's not going to change.  It's hard, but it's worth it.  There is a saying that suggests things get easier the more time you spend on it.  That is an absolute fabrication, it doesn't get easier, you just get used to it being harder.

I know the team leadership both on my side and our opposition, invest in the effort, invest in the team building experience, and dive in without reservation, and I assure you it will be time well spent.

The event as designed has a very low expectation for turnout, and is designed to be small.  Let's change this.  Chime in now, commit to the event, let's get this thing full now and bust out of the expected numbers and force the expansion of the event. 
I want strong people on my team, let me know if you want in. I want strong people on the Axis side, the stronger the opposition, the sweeter the victory! 
Who's in?

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
Count me in!  :x

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Glad to have you back ROC.  :salute

Even if we're on opposite sides.  :D

:salute
Sik

And what the heck is an xbox?  :headscratch:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
you lost me at "hard work"   

what am I flying? has it got wings / engine / ammo etc  and point the way to the Hun.    :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
you lost me at "hard work"   

what am I flying? has it got wings / engine / ammo etc  and point the way to the Hun.    :D

You have your choice of any one of the following:

La-5FN
Yak-9T
Yak-7b
P-39Q (the famed 9 GIAD of Pokryshkin, one of the top Soviet aces)

Well, actually, you also have the choice of the Il-2 and Tu-2S.  I'm just making a wild assumption that you would want to fly a fighter.

By the way, somewhere in the rules is that, if I fly an Il-2 or Tu-2S, you would fly protection for me.  I think it's in the fine print, the "Bruv Clause" or something.

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
You going to use teamspeak your old channel no more.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
Yes, I'll fire up the team speak server again.
ROC

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
 :rolleyes:

I have to fly Axis now just to shoot down ROC.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
Odd, that's exactly why I went Allied  :neener:
ROC

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member

eggs box  3.60
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Hey it's ASDA
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
:rolleyes:

A guy with a CCCP avatar can't fly Luftwaffe in an Eastern Front scenario!  :airplane:

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
A guy with a CCCP avatar can't fly Luftwaffe in an Eastern Front scenario!  :airplane:

Shhhhhh... don't gives away our spiez!  :noid

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Loki!

What are you desiring to fly in the Scenario?

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
I'm thinking La-5, or Yak if everyone else wants to fly La-Las.. I've been in bombers for the last few, time to get some fighter time in.