Author Topic: Beta 14: Broken Environment Map slider  (Read 462 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 14: Broken Environment Map slider
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:23:17 PM »
Looks like we broke the slider the Beta 14 release.  If you want to change the environment map, you can by using the following procedure.

Make sure the game is NOT running.

Edit the "world.cfg" file, located in the "settings" folder, and change the following line:

2,EnvMapLevel

NOTEThe number is the notch number the environment map slider will be placed at.  0 being none, 3 being the highest.  Change the value to what you want it to be.

Start the game and the new setting will take effect.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 14: Broken Environment Map slider
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »
I assume this is the bug where the slider keeps resetting to zero.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 12:36:41 PM »
Randy,

It seems that the bug occurs when you attempt to set the slider to anything other than it was before, and yes, after that it seems to be stuck in that position.  I found that simply clicking on the default settings button, moved the slider to an "on" position of 1, I needed to test things with none. 

Thanks to this workaround, it should be able to set it back to none using:  0,EnvMapLevel

:pray

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »
When I went to the file the setting was 0 but when I go into the game the slider is set at 1. Frame rate are way down so the Envmap level is set higher than 0

Q

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »
When I went to the file the setting was 0 but when I go into the game the slider is set at 1. Frame rate are way down so the Envmap level is set higher than 0

Q

Are you sure you are looking the Beta installation folder and not the AH2 folder?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 11:43:17 AM »
Skuzzy, has this issue with the Environment slider been fixed in patch 14, and the beta patch 14 update download been corrected?

The reason I ask is, I updated one of my PC systems to patch 14 yesterday, and going through all the different sliders, noticed fps drops and increase, with each individual slider (also noticed that there is a flickering happening from behind the clipboard, as I am adjusting any of the sliders)

Regarding the Environmental slider, my fps would change whether I set it to none/0, 1, 2 or 3

same with all other detail sliders

Just curious

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »
No, as the title of the thread should show, the problem lies in Beta 14.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese