Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12018 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:04 PM »
Has anything changed with the specular maps or lighting in this version?  My bare metal skin project isn't looking right to me.

I feel like I had struck a good, realistic-looking balance between the shades I'm using for bare metal and the specular map values, but now I'm noticing the bare metal looks very washed out - like it did back when I first started messing around with trying to produce bare metal effects in AH3.

As Greebo has mentioned in his post about his re-skinned P-47D, I also discovered through trial and error that you must start with darker shades for bare metal to compensate for the more intense lighting in AH3.  But it feels like I'm back to where I was before I made the adjustments - just trying to rule out some things.

<S>, thanks.

Oboe,

There is a .slider command in beta.  Test moving the "SHAPEstd" slider down to the left (darker).  I found that gave me a much better bare metal look.  Let me know what you think

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 04:01:07 PM by Chilli »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »
I found a sure cure for motion sickness when playing Aces High take a full size blender throw in an 8 ounce can of Minute Maid limeade then fill the blender with ice. Pour in 8 ounces of Leroux triple sec then five or six ounces of Cuervo tequila. You can substitute another tequila but not another triple-sec. Leroux makes the rita.
Salt the rims of a couple of wine glasses and fill with ritas. For stubborn motion sickness add a shot of tequila once you have the Margarita in a glass.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2016, 05:49:56 PM »
I found a sure cure for motion sickness when playing Aces High take a full size blender throw in an 8 ounce can of Minute Maid limeade then fill the blender with ice. Pour in 8 ounces of Leroux triple sec then five or six ounces of Cuervo tequila. You can substitute another tequila but not another triple-sec. Leroux makes the rita.
Salt the rims of a couple of wine glasses and fill with ritas. For stubborn motion sickness add a shot of tequila once you have the Margarita in a glass.

Or quickly drink a half bottle of "Gentlemen Jack" and pass out.  Voile' no motion sickness.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »
Has anything changed with the specular maps or lighting in this version?  My bare metal skin project isn't looking right to me.

I feel like I had struck a good, realistic-looking balance between the shades I'm using for bare metal and the specular map values, but now I'm noticing the bare metal looks very washed out - like it did back when I first started messing around with trying to produce bare metal effects in AH3.

As Greebo has mentioned in his post about his re-skinned P-47D, I also discovered through trial and error that you must start with darker shades for bare metal to compensate for the more intense lighting in AH3.  But it feels like I'm back to where I was before I made the adjustments - just trying to rule out some things.

<S>, thanks.

I think I found it - I must've been using 64-bit Photoshop accidentally.    When I made sure I was using the 32-bit version and saved the Specular map as a greyscale wiith 8-bit depth, it looked OK again.

Thanks Chilli, I will check out that slider...

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
interesting films....

Film 1 "seeing double" was in SB and the reticles in the gun go double then shake back and forth.

Film 2 "shakey in SB" was in SB and view was shaking

Film 3 "shakey aim" the aim of the gun was off a lot.... I noticed, also, throughout, the SB fired off center, sometimes far left far right, not sure by design or not.  But, depended on where reticles decided to go.... left or right.  Not just in this film, but overall experience

Film 4 "square cloud bank" I waited a while to take this.  When night started to gradually change to day, I noticed that a cloud bank appeared to be "square".  Minor, I know.   but, odd.  I think it's a combination of graphics and distance.  In the film when I follow the cloud line, the corner appears to move farther away at times.  But, instead of random clouds, all the clouds have a straight line.

In films still see CV fire on cv even though carrier sunk.

Uncle Fred

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »
I believe all the ports still have invisible walls at various points around their perimeter.  How much of the perimeter is blocked, and where, changes from port to port.  I could still find ways in/out at the ports I checked.

I really a psave location as I have not been able to find any 'walls'.  Also, what terrain?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
Crater map

Leave the hangar and go down the beach to the right  head east from any port. About 1k out your gv will stop and you
cannot advance any further. If you head south or north there along that invisible line you will run into another invisible wall.
Use the M-8......it is fast and is more stable than a jeep.

Good hunting. AH3 really looks great btw.

:salute
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:56:29 AM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »
I really a psave location as I have not been able to find any 'walls'.  Also, what terrain?

Skuzzy,

If you are using an admin app that you can goto a location with the psave coordiantes, that may not trigger the invisible wall. Just ran into it at P78. Upped an M8 at the port. Ran a bit NE past the fuel bunkers to get out into the open field just past the trees. Right when I was about to enter the field, bamm, stopped cold. Here is the psave location, it was inside of 1000yds so you can drive it in moments.

495051,22,-190417,-2.1,4.6,-18.7
craterma
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
262 throttle response is instant, and convergence on the guns that are white
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »
The throttles on the 262 are instant, unlike the real deal, with crazy lag.... it is an early jet, check out the RPM action.

Also, the convergence on the guns that are white you can not see in the hanger
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2016, 01:33:05 PM »
Crater map

Leave the hangar and go down the beach to the right  head east from any port. About 1k out your gv will stop and you
cannot advance any further. If you head south or north there along that invisible line you will run into another invisible wall.
Use the M-8......it is fast and is more stable than a jeep.

Good hunting. AH3 really looks great btw.

:salute

Got it duplicated.  Thank you for the details.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »
In the few cases in which I have encountered other GVs on the crater map it appears that the direction of the sound is incorrect. GVs at my 10 o"clock sound like they are at my 12 O'clock. It's not my sound system because I don't experience this in AH2.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »
I couldn't adjust the head position in the C47 to see the entire control panel. It seems to adjust much further to the left than in AH2 and not as much to the right so I couldn't get a position that displayed the right side of the control panel. I also couldn't get a position low enough or back far enough to see below the altimeter so the auto level flight/climb indicator light was not visible.

I upped a C47 again today to try the home key suggestion but immediately had a view of the entire control panel without touching a key. Seems not to be an issue after all.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2016, 05:16:48 PM »
In the few cases in which I have encountered other GVs on the crater map it appears that the direction of the sound is incorrect. GVs at my 10 o"clock sound like they are at my 12 O'clock. It's not my sound system because I don't experience this in AH2.

I just confirmed this with another player. We were in tanks a couple of hundred yards apart facing each other on the road with engines running. His engine volume was loudest when I turned the turret to the 10 O'Clock position. He confirmed it was the same for him listening to my engine.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2016, 07:44:47 PM »
Delta Missions Arena

As an Axis in a 109, flying low looking for cons, found a ME-262 hanging in the air, not moving. see attached.

On several occasions had the HUD display for me with an additional HUD in the background. see attached.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76