Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12022 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: March 25, 2016, 04:16:41 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post issues/bugs with the Beta 15 release of Aces High III.  Thank you!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 05:36:17 PM »
Just checked trees with a Panzer this time. Got stuck in one with no other trees around. Also was stopped by several small trees which I recorded (Didn't pay enough attention to instructions)

Here are the locations:
-219156,1555,147494,-0.4,-18.0,18.6
craterma
FOV = 50.5

The last tree I hit was the one I got stuck in. I posted the whole file since I don't know how to interpret it.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »
WWI was a HOOT!!!  Special request.........  some mid to low level clouds!!  :eek:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:43:05 PM »
Went to WWI Arena with ChiLLi. Luttrel, and SlowToad.  Had a blast. Kept on singing ~~~Those magnificent men in their flying machines they went uppity up up they went downdidy down down.  No mans land I did not expect.  Fine job gents no bugs did I detect.  The only thing wrong was the amount of fun I had.  Smiled from ear to ear and hummed the theme to the magnificent men in their flying machines.  That much fun should be illegal.

Well done HTC.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »
Note to self, change download status to meg and meg per sec.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 07:53:27 PM »
Note to self, change download status to meg and meg per sec.

Been meaning to tell you that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
I just downloaded the Beta and it looks great. I get a solid 60 frames with everything maxed out. I was flying low over trees to see if it affects frames and it does from 59-60 frames with everything maxed out. The only thing I did not like is the shadows option, for some reason when I disabled shadows the game looks better. Shadows are causing somewhat flickerings. Also if I disable shadows and I go into the hangar I will not be able to see what my loadout or fuel time is because the ground is pitch shiny white. When I  enabled shadows I can see my loadouts and time of fuel but its really bad flickering. Other wise the game looks awesome.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 05:43:27 AM »
When you change the arena settings, the effects take place immediately.  When you press the "Default" button to restore the settings, they do not take effect unless you edit one of the settings which was changed before.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »
Would it be possible to have less than a full tank of gas in fighters in the missions? They tend to wallow about like pregnant cows with a full tank.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 09:32:52 AM »
aces high beta not working. That happens when I try to log on.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »
Note to self, Add death plane/boxes .

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 09:56:43 AM »
Tested FPS at different terrain slider settings: Low 97FPS, 1/4 96FPS, mid-range 95FPS, 3/4 94FPS, Hi 92FPS

VH at V149 appears to be indestructible. Hit it with approx 40 panzer HE rounds yestreday without taking it down. Hit it with 34 rounds today without destroying it. (I was going to go higher but a T3485 came out and I got a quick trip home.)

On other bases it takes 18-20 Panzer HE rounds to take down a VH
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 10:43:15 AM »
Still have the issue with wide variations of engine sounds in the cockpit.  It appears to be different in inline engines than in radials.

Radial: rear views louder than front and loudest is up view, which is also choppy.

Inline: side views louder than front and up view very quiet.

My real life flying experience is limited to a handful of trips but remember it was loud as Hell, no matter which way I was looking.  Should there really be variations based on head position?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The gun emplacements still flicker a bit from a distance, the worst seem to be the groups at the flack base near the HQ.
    There is a bit of terrain and object shimmering at long distance but not bad.  Shore battery was flickering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The clouds look awesome but when flying underneath like so: (see picture) rocking your wings causes the little cotton balls to pirouette.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »
Icons are very transparent -- almost unreadable.  The "frame rate" info text is normal by comparison.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:05:30 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »
See, I knew I was going to be in SO much trouble.

The conversion of the land/water boundary is much much better!  :banana:
Not saying you should but IF you were to move the water, the water would move 1/8 mile west and 1/8 mile south. (4 pixel offset)

The Manual Beach Tool sill works as it did.

:aok

---

I used the same terrain as before for testing, a jpg of the mouth of the Seine, sector 2,4, keypad 4 is attached.

When using Spline All Islands on this complicated terrain, it becomes completely lost in some areas with the purple(?) linking lines much more intrusive then before.
I don't remember this particular problem in patch 13 but that one may have been better. Most of the splined English coastlines have been lost while most of the French coast is still splined as before.
In this iteration, with the much more accurate conversion of AH2 terrains, I would stay with manual beaches for historical terrains and probably cut off any square corners of the land. Some of the rounded beach portions are incredibly close. Manual beach smoothing would be close enough that most people would accept any anomalies.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001