Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12173 times)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2016, 05:10:29 PM »
This may have alreay been reported but when a CV is sunk,
the fire still shows at CV's position
O
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »
I've noticed that some of the times when you are trying to come ashore at a port, with an LVT you hit like an under water fence that will start you to tumbling.  When this happens, the only option is to alt f4, as the game says you are still moving and will not let you tower.  Then after coming back into the game and it puts you back into flight automatically, you are still tumbling in a disabled lvt that won't do anything.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
CraterMA, took off with shadows in the mountains in a BF-109, shadows seem to be pulsing or flickering, disabling shadows made it go away bit it came right back when shadows were enabled again.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
horizon
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
Well, I found it. The only problem in AH3 that really drives me crazy, the horizon when over the coastal areas! It seems that over the water, the horizon moves in straight lines. Even when over lakes,in main terrain, its only the water and horizon line that shows in straight lines. I worked hard trying to find something I didn't like, and this Is it!  :neener: I tried the detail sliders and that isn't it, so figure it just hasn't been finished? I know, a work in progress :salute Well, that's my big big problem. Hey, I am petty like that.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: horizon
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »
Well, I found it. The only problem in AH3 that really drives me crazy, the horizon when over the coastal areas! It seems that over the water, the horizon moves in straight lines. Even when over lakes,in main terrain, its only the water and horizon line that shows in straight lines. I worked hard trying to find something I didn't like, and this Is it!  :neener: I tried the detail sliders and that isn't it, so figure it just hasn't been finished? I know, a work in progress :salute Well, that's my big big problem. Hey, I am petty like that.

take pictures  ( Alt S ) and post them from the scrshot subfolder in AH3 beta folder ( read as C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High Beta\scrshot\ )

I have not seen anything like you are describing...........also, post a DXDIAG report from your PC, so we know what you are playing/working with

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2016, 08:00:25 PM »
My frame rate is normally pretty good, 55+, but I have noticed if I go low over towns, it gets cut in half to 20-30 fps.

Also unable to ditch F6F, F4U - wheels up, flaps down, I die as soon as I contact the ground.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2016, 08:19:29 PM »
Yup forgot to add those. I am above the cloud layer about 12,000ft. Notice the small island, it gets cut off by the straight line horizon line I am referring too, then a slight turn of my head and it comes back. May be a tracir thing, not sure. Its no big problem,like I said I had to hunt for one :salute It just looks unnatural.  I will have to find the lake I was at before,but it was the bigger issue. The terrain on land looked fine, but the horizon on the lake was straight edged JUST on the water. The ground around and behind looked same. I will fly and find it.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »
Ok not the lake but notice the river, upper left, above lake area, the horizon, or maybe just surface reflection. Either way it moves always in straight edges. And just the water not terrain. May just be reflection? Just looked weird to me. Maybe I am ocd? Its not big enough to keep me from enjoying this game, just a little detail.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »
 :aok I like that also,maybe not as much after Lazer or Akak dive from above the clouds and kill me, but still like it!
Popeye,

There is a GUI option under preferences, that allows you to change the color of icons.  Yes, the icons on planes now are somewhat transparent and even disappear when flying through a thick enough cloud.  I give applause for that.  I have always found that changing the color of the icons, depending upon terrain, and clipboard maps has been necessary in some instances.

I just hope that HTC continues to allow for the icons to slip behind clouds......... cannot wait to try that with low level clouds in WWI....  hint, hint!

Heya Semp,

They have not done conversions for skins yet, but I agree, it did seem that at one point we were able to choose skins of the non converted .......  Probably, before all of the environment map and shadows were added.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2016, 12:47:58 AM »
Tried default settings for the first time. When I saw they were everything on I expected very low FPS with my AMD Radeon 6950 but what surprised me ws the screen went completely black. Had to exit using AKT-F4. Is this a bug or just what is to be expected with a mid range card.

I also ran into a lot of trees tonight as per Skuzzy's test request. My panxer stuck tight to several and could not back away, Here is the content of my cmepost file:  -309531,361,34146,-0.9,0.2,-175.7
craterma
FOV = 50.5
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2016, 05:10:55 AM »
Tried default settings for the first time. When I saw they were everything on I expected very low FPS with my AMD Radeon 6950 but what surprised me ws the screen went completely black. Had to exit using AKT-F4. Is this a bug or just what is to be expected with a mid range card.

I also ran into a lot of trees tonight as per Skuzzy's test request. My panxer stuck tight to several and could not back away, Here is the content of my cmepost file:  -309531,361,34146,-0.9,0.2,-175.7
craterma
FOV = 50.5
that happend to me on my old PC it would say that you don't have enough memory or something along the line of that
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2016, 10:41:27 AM »
that happend to me on my old PC it would say that you don't have enough memory or something along the line of that

AH3 runs fine with only detail, ground clutter,. and bump mapping turned on and with the environmental slider at zero. Looks great even without everything. Need to play around more with the settings ans see how much I can turn on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
Condor,

the screen went completely black

Does this happen if you set the texture mode to 1024? I did my first 18 months of alpha testing with a 6770 1G and never had that happen in 4096 mode. At the worst, offline you should be 25-35 flying close to the town or driving around in it. Furballing with up to 5 players around you in the 40's. I have subsequently replaced that card with the beta nearly finished.

HD 6770
GDDR5 - 1G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 800

HD 6950
GDDR5 - 2G
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 160 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 1408

Your DXdiag shows you have installed version 10.18.13.5900 AMD drivers for your graphics card. The latest for your 6950 are 15.7.1. If the latest drivers don't improve your FPS and make it possible to play in 4096 at the defaults. You may have other things wrong in your system.

I noticed from your DXDiag that you may have once had a GTX 750 in your PC. Is it still in your PC, if it is, remove that card if it is not being used(?).. If it is not, you may want to run an AMD\Nvidia driver wiper in safe mode and target all of the legacy Nvidia drivers still on your PC. Then update your AMD drivers.

And then it looks like your mother board has onboard video, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. Is that disabled? You are also showing a High Definition audio controller. Is your video card connected to a TV or a monitor with speakers with an HDMI cable? I had some performance issues doing that until I put a DVI adaptor on the HDMI cable at the video card so I could disable the HIDef audio device.

Does AH2 occasionally crash on you out of the blue during high intensity sounds and action?

And last, is your power supply of a high enough wattage to support your video card?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2016, 02:11:14 PM »
Condor,

Does this happen if you set the texture mode to 1024? I did my first 18 months of alpha testing with a 6770 1G and never had that happen in 4096 mode. At the worst, offline you should be 25-35 flying close to the town or driving around in it. Furballing with up to 5 players around you in the 40's. I have subsequently replaced that card with the beta nearly finished.

HD 6770
GDDR5 - 1G
Data Paths - 128bit
Band Width - 80 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 800

HD 6950
GDDR5 - 2G
Data Paths - 256bit
Band Width - 160 Gbyte\sec.
Shaders - 1408

Your DXdiag shows you have installed version 10.18.13.5900 AMD drivers for your graphics card. The latest for your 6950 are 15.7.1. If the latest drivers don't improve your FPS and make it possible to play in 4096 at the defaults. You may have other things wrong in your system.

I noticed from your DXDiag that you may have once had a GTX 750 in your PC. Is it still in your PC, if it is, remove that card if it is not being used(?).. If it is not, you may want to run an AMD\Nvidia driver wiper in safe mode and target all of the legacy Nvidia drivers still on your PC. Then update your AMD drivers.

And then it looks like your mother board has onboard video, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600. Is that disabled? You are also showing a High Definition audio controller. Is your video card connected to a TV or a monitor with speakers with an HDMI cable? I had some performance issues doing that until I put a DVI adaptor on the HDMI cable at the video card so I could disable the HIDef audio device.

Does AH2 occasionally crash on you out of the blue during high intensity sounds and action?

And last, is your power supply of a high enough wattage to support your video card?

Thanks for your help Bustr but I think you may be looking at the wrong DxDiag. My vid card driver is 8.961.0.0. I can find no reference to GTX 750 and the AMF 6950 is the only card that has ever been in this machine. I do have onboard video but it is HD 3000. I see there is a HiDef -. My card is connected to an ASUS ProART monitor by an HDMI cable but the monitor has no speakers. I believe I can comfigure the monitor to DVI input. It has VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs.

I have not disabled the onboard graphics. There appear to be differing opinions on this. The game is is using the the AMD card.

AH2 does crash occasionally out of the blue. I have an FSP Aurum Gold 700W PSU so I think I'm OK in that department.

It appears I may need to update the video card driver. I've never done that so I guess it's something else to learn. What's AMD/NVIDIA driver wiper?  Will I need to use it to update my AMD driver?

Sorry for all the questions. If it's too much feel free to ignore me.

I have attached my DxDiag. 

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2016, 03:08:44 PM »
Take a look at this, instructions are pretty easy.

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.