Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12724 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »
This may have alreay been reported but when a CV is sunk,
the fire still shows at CV's position
O

I saw the same thing. Also, it seemed like it took allot more hits to take it down compared with AH2.
I will have to sink more CV's to make sure.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
While testing new high brightness gunsight reticles offline, I noticed a pattern with the B17 and it's initial damage explosion. While in zoom shooting at the B17, about every 3rd or 5th time I made it explode. Instead of an initial explosion graphic in response to the max damage amount being reached. The B17 would throw a large black rectangle instead of the initial explosion graphic.

I thought it might have something to do with the generation of the 3D model and tested other older 3D model bombers. So far the B17 is the only one doing this.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
First film, C47, no engine sounds....

Second film, when viewing frame rate and then using chat window, the frame rate blinks

Third film, hard to explain.  When in cockpit, the pilot head is a different orientation from previous versions.  The view is just hard to get used to.  But, when you zoom, the cross hairs jump.  if you were in a dogfight this would be difficult to adjust to.  Maybe intentional?  Not sure.  But, the new view in the cockpit, which after a bit messes with my head and makes me a bit nauseous, not sure why but it's just odd.  Doesn't look right... that combined with the zoom, it's hard sometimes to get used to.  Maybe this is intentional and we need to get used to it, not sure, just odd.
Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2016, 07:24:32 PM »
Icons are very transparent -- almost unreadable.  The "frame rate" info text is normal by comparison.

Yep, been an issue for long time in beta.  Also, when viewing maps, hard to see sector numbers.  Very key when identifying targets..... 
Uncle Fred

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2016, 07:31:11 PM »
My frame rate is normally pretty good, 55+, but I have noticed if I go low over towns, it gets cut in half to 20-30 fps.

Also unable to ditch F6F, F4U - wheels up, flaps down, I die as soon as I contact the ground.

Nix the ditching problem, I must've been coming in too fast.  Very cool ditching sound, scraping, tearing of metal. 

Found I can get my FR to be stable in the high 50s over towns by turning down Tree Detail and Terrain Detail to the minimums.

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2016, 07:39:30 PM »
Would it be possible to get a training arena into the beta?  Give us a chance to do any adjustments, tweaks, practice, etc..... be nice to do get used to changes before going into the other arenas in the beta....

Please?   :old:
Uncle Fred

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2016, 07:53:07 PM »
Most of the guys I fly with in the afternoons basically treat it as a training/dueling arena.  Killshooter is off so you can fly on the same country and go at it.

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2016, 07:57:13 PM »
Excuse my french.... in WWI the pilot is head down!  you can't see crap!
Uncle Fred

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2016, 08:09:55 PM »
The default head view has been down angled 15 degrees for AH3. You can return it to AH2 normal by hitting the "Home" key and pressing F10 to save it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
Hiya Mano  :salute
Ramesis/Osiris
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2016, 03:08:33 PM »
While testing new high brightness gunsight reticles offline, I noticed a pattern with the B17 and it's initial damage explosion. While in zoom shooting at the B17, about every 3rd or 5th time I made it explode. Instead of an initial explosion graphic in response to the max damage amount being reached. The B17 would throw a large black rectangle instead of the initial explosion graphic.

I thought it might have something to do with the generation of the 3D model and tested other older 3D model bombers. So far the B17 is the only one doing this.

B-24 finally kicked out one of these. Looks like it is the explosion flash from killing the pilot.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2016, 10:14:40 PM »
When participating in a tank battle in the AvA Beta I noticed that the localization of the sound of enemy tanks is often significantly wrong (as in got me dead kind of wrong).  An enemy tank approached me from my 3 o'clock, but I was looking for him at my 12 o'clock because that's where his motor and track sounds were coming from.  This has happened to me often: the sounds of other tanks (and indeed planes) don't appear to come from the direction they actually are at.  (Using headphones with AH3 set to "Stereo Speakers".  Realtek motherboard sound.)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2016, 12:01:48 AM »
Okay I am not sure if this is just me or a bug with the TE make map feature.

For special events we create "strat maps" that show the location of fields and strat facilities for the CMs so they can design their events (need to know where airfields, etc. are so they can plan targets for an event). In AH2 when you went to make a map you could choose to show icons, grid lines, field names, spawn points, and a map size.

So in AH3 I did this:

• Click on Make Map
  • Checked show icons
  • Unchecked show grid lines
  • Choose 2048x2048

It made map 1 (no icons).

• Click on Make Map
  • Checked show icons
  • Left show grid lines checked
  • Choose 2048x2048

It made map 2 (no icons). Is anybody else having the same issue or does it work for you?

It appears the Icons are there but not scaled and made semitransparent so I imagine the base names suffer the same issue.

I produced a 4096 Make Map for a 512 terrain and the jpg shows the tiny almost transparent results. It is worse the smaller the CBM map size. It's a very tiny jpg.

It makes me wonder if the huge size of the in-game Icons on a 128 mile terrain are caused by the same, or a similar bit of code.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2016, 01:04:13 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or intentional but it seems strange. I noticed that I seem to get significantly different frame rates at different bases under similar conditions and with the same graphics settings. So I  spawned a panzer from a number of friendly bases an drove around each base. There were no enemy and nothing was burning. I tried to spend about the same time driving around each base following similar paths. Here's what I observed in the Crater arena.
V50 58-88FPS
V108 29-40FPS
V150 90-100 FPS
V103 29-40fps
V40 46-60
V142 63-89
V148 90-108

The two bases with the highest frame rates were the small ones where you spawn into the courtyard (V150 and V148) I couldn't see how V108 and V103 were significantly different from V40, 50, or 142.
I went back and repeated several of the high and low FPS bases to be sure it wasn't a function of heating of my Video card over time or some other hardware issue. The results were reproducible.

I have an AMD HD6950 card and had everything disabled except for ground clutter, detail, and bump mapping with the environmental slider at none.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2016, 01:21:48 AM »
A fuller exploration of cloud bugs in AH3 beta is here:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/misc/aces_high/betaCloudBugs/cloudbugs.html