Author Topic: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 12654 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 15 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
Monza, check that the sound devices are similarly mapped in the BETA as they are in AH2. Clipboard>Options>Preferences>Game Sounds.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
General question on beta, not necessarily version related
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »
One of the things I've noticed is when you bring up the map on the clipboard, it's awful hard if not impossible to read the coordinates on the map.  Not sure if this is by design, but this has been key in previous versions for informing teammates of locations for identifying attack locations.  The labels on the grids are very faint.  Is that by design or is there a new setting we have to tweak?

Thank you

Uncle Fred

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2016, 02:07:40 PM »
WW1 Camel, Is that a stall horn or the wheels lifting sound when using auto take off?
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
Kudos to hitech!
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »
Sometimes, there is no such thing as a happy customer.  Everyone has an opinion and you know what the common saying is there....

But, you have to admit, and if you have been keenly observing the forum, HiTech handles the requests, the complaints the moaning, the compliments, the squeaking in stride like a champ! 

I would like to say THANK YOU and I would sincerely hope everyone else does, for the hard work of HiTech and everyone else at High Tech Creations for working so hard to give us the BEST multiplayer combat sim available today.  I don't think there can be enough compliments and thank yous for what they have given us over the years.  We compliment with returning subscriptions for memberships, yes, but sometimes verbal recognitions are well deserved and well warranted. 

Thank you and I hope others appreciate ya'll as much as I do.

Grandpa Chaps. :old:
Uncle Fred

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2016, 02:41:47 PM »
At P30 on the Crater MA terrain there is an "invisible fence" around the base that will stop a GV ( friendly or enemy M3 ) from entering or leaving the base.

Speaking of P30, Colt and I were messing around launching LVTs into it from the fleet just off shore.  About 75% of the time, the LVT would disappear from under us.  To the other player, your LVT would flash on and off above the water.  Guns worked but acted as if they were submerged.  Shooting the 75mm looked as if someone dropped a depth charge next to you, no geyser though.  Exiting required Alt-F4.  Another time, you might get into the LVT and it would start turning tumbling, similar to when you get ran over by your own fleet in the current version.

p.s.  Could we get the "allow exit of a moving GV" flag turned on?  Waiting for a PT to stop takes quite a while.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2016, 04:58:32 PM »
Ok, have 2 questions this time. 1 Are there different types of Vehicle bases? In Crater map v148 looked different on a fly by. Towered and went to it, no man able guns? Got an invalid ship position? 2while adjusting with graphics settings in game I got a message about terrain error something or other, I attached the screen shot. I got better frame rates with terrain detail turned all the way up? Seems counter intuitive but I will take it!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:04:44 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2016, 10:25:16 PM »
Updated explanation of bugs in representation of clouds, showing all clouds types from above and below in AH2 vs. AH3 beta:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/misc/aces_high/betaCloudBugs/cloudbugs.html

Example of the difference (type 8):

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2016, 03:28:37 AM »
Ok, have 2 questions this time. 1 Are there different types of Vehicle bases? In Crater map v148 looked different on a fly by. Towered and went to it, no man able guns? Got an invalid ship position? 2while adjusting with graphics settings in game I got a message about terrain error something or other, I attached the screen shot. I got better frame rates with terrain detail turned all the way up? Seems counter intuitive but I will take it!

Yes, there are at least 2 different types of Vehicle bases.  Maybe the message was invalid shp (shape) for whatever reason??  From your dxdiag GTX 750, although the card is only a couple of years after market introduction, the 50 series is not one of nvidia's better performing cards, but still more than enough juice with the right tweaks.  The best confirmation of framerate differences would be to collect data from two instances with identical criteria except for the terrain detail slider.  Ex:  A1 tower with clipboard down.

For Skuzzy,
Texture Creation Error=8876086C Name=[] RTF=000000
A4 Format=00000000

In screen shot only the Ground detail is at max and disable detail is checked.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2016, 10:57:44 AM »
Sitting at the shoreline in a Tiger II, fired a few rounds of AP into the water to see the "geyser" effect.  When shots were fired at a short range, they hit behind the tank -- 180 degrees from the direction of the shot.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2016, 11:34:56 AM »
When approaching a plane, the enemy plane sounds like it's coming from behind. 

Also the hanger floor is too white , can't see the white convergence point or where to set it.

A number of features seem to be too bright or shiny.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
Shilo,

Did you report this before, or is someone else having this same issue?  There are a number of "options" that would help / hinder your visibility problems.  The easiest to check would be in the graphics detail menu from you options menu, you could:

edited  / ENABLE SHADOWS  Let me know if this does it.  Was a drastic difference, with no shadows, the floor is as you described.  As for the other "shiny" objects, if shadows don't fix that you could try these suggestions below.

disable reflections to see if this would help

disable post lighting to see if this would help

scale the gamma slider back to the left for less gamma, to see if this would help

If none of those work, maybe try to disable detail  :headscratch:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:40:57 PM by Chilli »

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »
I couldn't adjust the head position in the C47 to see the entire control panel. It seems to adjust much further to the left than in AH2 and not as much to the right so I couldn't get a position that displayed the right side of the control panel. I also couldn't get a position low enough or back far enough to see below the altimeter so the auto level flight/climb indicator light was not visible.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »
Updated explanation of bugs in representation of clouds, showing all clouds types from above and below in AH2 vs. AH3 beta:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/misc/aces_high/betaCloudBugs/cloudbugs.html

Example of the difference (type 8):

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

So that is why I ended up creating a boat load of small fronts moving in random directions during my initial testing. I didn't like the quilting look, so used about 15 tiny fronts over an island about 5x10 miles. I can see it becoming a mind numbing amount of work on a full sized terrain to avoid the quilting patterns. Unless the cloud editor is still a work in progress.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »
I do know this is a issue with AH3 as someone else with the same headset has the same issue. My Headset and voice sound great in AH2 with exact same settings and voice is perfect in Windows 10 Voice Recorder. I hope there is a fix for this coming. :)

PS: I added a short film so you can hear the voice problem.

Thanks!
HamrDown

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »
I spawned from the vehicle hangar at a port with an M-8 and headed east along the beach. At about 1k-1.5k distance I ran into an invisible wall.
I tried this at other ports and found the same wall. The wall is all the way around the port and extends pretty far from the base.

I upped a PT Boat and fired some torpedoes at my own port. They impacted at the docks doing damage to guns and buildings. I like that feature.
It gives us something to shoot at beside Aircraft carriers.   :aok

If a trim command cannot be added then would it be possible to dampen the rocking up and down of the boat by 50 per cent?

I can see someone getting motion sickness. It really seems real. LOL
 :aok

I spawned a PT Boat along side our cv group. I sank several ships and they went down similar to AH2. I fired at radar on the cv and got it burning.
When I sank the Carrier with a torpedo it went down similar to the animation in AH2, except the burning radar remained and it moved to the center
of the remaining ships. The fire was above the middle of the ships.

:salute
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:56:02 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)