Author Topic: Transfer of perk points............  (Read 2008 times)

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
Transfer of perk points............
« on: March 26, 2016, 01:35:59 PM »
If this question came up already and i missed it, i apologize.

A topic of conversation today on 200 was the transferring of perk points from AHII to AHIII. Seams like an easy enough thing to do. Please confirm that this will be the reality.

Thanks
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Transfer of perk points............
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:17:07 AM »
whilst HTC is in the process of clearing out dead wood maybe they should all be wiped along with the achievements. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »
I think if HTC were to clean the perk/achievement slate for AHIII they would get a lot of abuse from some players about it but if they roll them over they won't get any. So I really can't see this happening, they'll have enough hassle to deal with from players having to upgrade their PCs.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
I dunno Greebo I get the feeling HT doesn't listen to what the minority of players want.  I can see the whines you suggest happening but it just means Joe will have to get out of his Tiger II parked on concrete and insert weak willed person here will have to fly a non perk ride to inflate their below average score.

New version, new slate and I say that with 36k+ fighter perks I'm sure you have more from all that F6F flying  :D

You never know it might improve some of the fights for awhile and give newer guys a bit more of chance.   Either way I hope it gets discussed and not just carried over.   Even take a look at monthly tours as a scoring mechanism for or against.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
you know how long it has taken me to get 7k perk points in my pony? I get like 1 perk point for every 20 kills.  and I only get 60 or so kills a month.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »
How did HTC handle the transition from AH1 to AH2? I'm sure this time will be no different.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 08:51:59 PM »
Honestly since changing my handle and losing my perks, I've upped maybe 2 or 3 perk birds... not my thing.  They're easy enough to get back, and stars are for Generals, not for the fighting man.  Get rid of them!

:bolt:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 07:28:06 PM »
whilst HTC is in the process of clearing out dead wood maybe they should all be wiped along with the achievements.

YES, please get rid of achievements.
Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 07:32:06 PM »
Honestly since changing my handle and losing my perks, I've upped maybe 2 or 3 perk birds... not my thing.  They're easy enough to get back, and stars are for Generals, not for the fighting man.  Get rid of them!

:bolt:

Remind me why anyone cares about achievements and stars by their names?  Just a "trophy" a badge to brag about. I would think you'd want achievement badges in the hangar as a personal view.

We already can see scores and kills on someone from clipboard.  Still don't understand achievements.

IF achievements lead to other "rewards", now you have something.  More perks, better aircraft, etc. etc. etc.  But, all that gives you is a star by your name.  Doesn't really mean anything other than longevity/seniority.  From a gaming perspective, I may be wrong, but it has no value.

Am I too old fashioned?
Uncle Fred

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 09:07:18 PM »
Remind me why anyone cares about achievements and stars by their names?  Just a "trophy" a badge to brag about. I would think you'd want achievement badges in the hangar as a personal view.

We already can see scores and kills on someone from clipboard.  Still don't understand achievements.

IF achievements lead to other "rewards", now you have something.  More perks, better aircraft, etc. etc. etc.  But, all that gives you is a star by your name.  Doesn't really mean anything other than longevity/seniority.  From a gaming perspective, I may be wrong, but it has no value.

Am I too old fashioned?

well disable the stars and you wont have to see how many stars each player has if any.  achievements are more like braggin rights on some.

for example

-win the war troops
-hidden achievement in the 262

there's a few others that really make you laugh and smile when you get them.  and nobody is forcing you to see them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 01:38:32 AM »
I have lots of perk points.

Fly the Yak9T for a month :)

I would own in the DA Bruv in a Yak9T using a mouse :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 01:43:30 AM »
I have lots of perk points.

Fly the Yak9T for a month :)

I would own in the DA Bruv in a Yak9T using a mouse :old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 06:47:11 AM »
If they say perks will reset to zero, the out break of 262s and Tiger tanks will be epic in the latter days of AH2.

The achievement system should just be dumped.  It favors heavily, players that get to play the most.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »
I'm closing in on 50k fighter perks and there will be fisticuffs if they get wiped.   
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 11:35:49 AM »
I find Bruv's ideas similar to my own, I'd be interested to see the game changes with a wipe of perks, and especially score, but IMO it's WAY to huge of a move and risk in the midst of an already complex move to a new platform for HTC.  WAY to much to bite off along with the move of so many members machines to a new game, many of whom, the majority I'd bet, haven't played much with the beta if at all yet.  Maybe I'm wrong on that, just basing it on the numbers I've seen in the beta arena. 

Like the ^^ post here, I could see a lot of people get very angry over losing their perks. This coming from someone that's never had more than 500 points in any category, as I use them for 262s and don't fly bombers or drive tanks often if at all.  So it'd be nothing to me to lose perks, but I'd hate to see the work that some have put in collecting them just tossed in order to see "what it did" for "my" gameplay experience, as much as I'd like that.

I can't recall how it worked with the AH1 to AH2 migration, I hope somebody sounds off with 100% accurate info on that.