Author Topic: Microphone feedback and Buzz in AH3, not in AH2.  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
Re: Microphone feedback and Buzz in AH3, not in AH2.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 08:42:00 PM »
Much appreciated HiTech.

<S> Bellator

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 09:36:24 AM »
Odd, but wanted to post here to see if it was any relation.  I get static and buzz associated with this very bulletin board reply.  It also reflects noise when I use my mouse wheel.  Included is my attached dxdiag.txt

Static goes away when reading posts and only appears when I have the "reply" text box open.

Edit:  I do get a buzz when hovering over thread links, even when text box is not open, but the constant static occurs when text box is open.

Um, yeah...haha.

Sarcasm I hope.

<S>
HamrDown

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 01:33:51 PM »
Hamrdown,

No sarcasm, it is sad but true....  Maybe I should research more.  My headset is a low end model Turtle Beach.  Everything works, but connection between mouse action and mouse over effects with buzz and static is a head scratcher for me.  :headscratch:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 02:03:46 PM »
Well, Hitech seems to know a reason that this would happen. I would think it would be because of all the various devices plugged in the USB chain that could cause an elevated ground potential. This is a fairly normal thing on laptops that don't use a grounded charging plug, for instance, or a system with a cheaper PSU that has attempted cable management and created a cross talk situation.

It's getting to be a fairly common thing with so many devices plugged into a single system.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 02:13:27 PM »
Hamrdown,

No sarcasm, it is sad but true....  Maybe I should research more.  My headset is a low end model Turtle Beach.  Everything works, but connection between mouse action and mouse over effects with buzz and static is a head scratcher for me.  :headscratch:

OK, sorry to hear that, no pun intended. ;)

<S>
HamrDown

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 02:16:26 PM »
Well, Hitech seems to know a reason that this would happen. I would think it would be because of all the various devices plugged in the USB chain that could cause an elevated ground potential. This is a fairly normal thing on laptops that don't use a grounded charging plug, for instance, or a system with a cheaper PSU that has attempted cable management and created a cross talk situation.

It's getting to be a fairly common thing with so many devices plugged into a single system.
I have a mouse, keyboard, headset, and joystick in various USB ports and have no issues now using a HyperX Cloud 2 headset.
I did though with the Corsair 1500 headset, BUT, only in AH3, and not in AH2, other games or Win10 voice recorder....SO...its a bug with AH3 99.9%

<S>
HamrDown
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:22:14 PM by HamrDown »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 02:24:29 PM »
Hamrdown,

You're not alone with that. In my case I suppose it's because of the Electromagnetic interference between the built-in sound circuit and the USB connectors. Mine isn't as bad as yours, mostly from using the wheel.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 04:07:45 PM »
Are you using a TrackIR with it?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 06:19:13 PM »
Yes, I am using a Track IR.  I thought about that since they are so close. I un-pluged the Track IR and it had no effect. So it doesn't appear to be a feed back from the Track IR.

<S> Bellator