Author Topic: Microphone feedback and Buzz in AH3, not in AH2.  (Read 1556 times)

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
Microphone feedback and Buzz in AH3, not in AH2.
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:47:27 PM »
I have a Corsair H1500 USB headset (7.1 surround); when using my microphone in AH3, people said I had a lot of feedback/ buzzing sound. I tuned to myself and confirmed it. I do not have any issues in AH2, people here me loud and clear, and I have the settings for voice exactly the same in both games. Help!  :(

Here is the headset I use:  http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-1500-dolby-7-1-usb-gaming-headset-v2

Thanks!
HamrDown

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Microphone feedback and Buzz in AH3, not in AH2.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 03:27:49 AM »
Having the microphone monitoring enabled can cause such symptoms. Check your playback devices.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:36:13 AM »
I wonder how they get 7.1 sound out of single cone speakers?

Anyway, not surprised.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
It is not due to any setting in Windows 10, because I do not have any problems with VOX in AH2 and I can use Voice Recorder in Windows 10 with no issues. I am stuck on this one. :O

I even compared the settings in AH2 to AH3 and they are identical. When I tune to myself in AH2, sounds fine, and when I tune to myself in AH3, my voice is very scratchy sounding.

Thanks,
HamrDown
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:03:06 AM by HamrDown »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Uncheck the box on the mic in "playback settings".

It only needs to be enabled for "record settings".

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »
Uncheck the box on the mic in "playback settings".

It only needs to be enabled for "record settings".

No, I do not have the mic checked in playback settings. :(

Thanks for the suggestion.

HamrDown

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 05:51:06 PM »
How is the volume?  I ask because I have in the past had better quality sound without microphone boost checked in AH2.  Also, have heard others overdrive their mic / vox and sounded horrible.  Once they moved the slider back, their speech was much clearer.

Hope this helps Hammr.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
I even compared the settings in AH2 to AH3 and they are identical. When I tune to myself in AH2, sounds fine, and when I tune to myself in AH3, my voice is very scratchy sounding.

Chilli might be on the right track. We've got a new sound system to AH3 and although I'm not 100% it applies to voice, playing with the gain settings won't hurt.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
Perhaps its a coincidence?  I had a buzz in my headset and as it turns out it was caused by some type of interference from my mouse being plugged into an adjacent usb port. Switching to a different port solved the problem for me.

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 12:29:59 PM »
Perhaps its a coincidence?  I had a buzz in my headset and as it turns out it was caused by some type of interference from my mouse being plugged into an adjacent usb port. Switching to a different port solved the problem for me.

I am getting a new headset tomorrow from Amazon. I think it is something with the headset and anything new with AH3 voice and sound settings. I am getting this one. Kingston HyperX Cloud II ... http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCVTQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1460049910&sr=8-4&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2

I have tried everything. I have built over 20 gaming computers in my past and know that this issue is most likely the incompatibility of my current Corsair Vengeance 1500v2 headset; because my voice is very clear in AH2, and other games, and in teamspeak and in Windows 10 Voice recorder.

Hoping this new headset will be fine for AH3. Giving my Corsair to my wife because she has the same one and hers is starting to have the foam pads fall off.

<S>
HamrDown

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
My Corsair 1500 Headset is doing the same thing. I'm looking for answers too. And yea, it's fine in AHII but buzzes in Beta.
I really don't wanna buy another Headset.  Please give it a look...........

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 11:34:42 AM »
My Corsair 1500 Headset is doing the same thing. I'm looking for answers too. And yea, it's fine in AHII but buzzes in Beta.
I really don't wanna buy another Headset.  Please give it a look...........

I bought a new headset because I wanted to play AH3, but also my Wife needed a new one and so I gave my Corsair 1500 to her. Yes, there is something strange about just finding one make and model that has this issue. I do not know if Hi Tech will do anything about it for now. I tried everything and could not figure it out. Perhaps it was the software that Corsair uses to configure the microphone, and all sound settings that is causing this? Hard to tell, and after a week of frustration, I am good to go now. Yes, buying another headset, and expensive one should not be necessary, however it was for me. The Kingston HyperX Cloud II works very well in AH3, but does not sound as good as my old Corsair 1500 in AH2, or other games I play.

<S>
HamrDown
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:41:23 AM by HamrDown »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 01:11:33 PM »
I bought a new headset because I wanted to play AH3, but also my Wife needed a new one and so I gave my Corsair 1500 to her. Yes, there is something strange about just finding one make and model that has this issue. I do not know if Hi Tech will do anything about it for now. I tried everything and could not figure it out. Perhaps it was the software that Corsair uses to configure the microphone, and all sound settings that is causing this? Hard to tell, and after a week of frustration, I am good to go now. Yes, buying another headset, and expensive one should not be necessary, however it was for me. The Kingston HyperX Cloud II works very well in AH3, but does not sound as good as my old Corsair 1500 in AH2, or other games I play.

<S>
HamrDown

I plan on fixing it. My guess is it has something to do with either number of channels or supported sampling frequency.

HiTech

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »
I plan on fixing it. My guess is it has something to do with either number of channels or supported sampling frequency.

HiTech

Thanks HiTech. It is odd that it is just one make and model.

<S>
HamrDown

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
Odd, but wanted to post here to see if it was any relation.  I get static and buzz associated with this very bulletin board reply.  It also reflects noise when I use my mouse wheel.  Included is my attached dxdiag.txt

Static goes away when reading posts and only appears when I have the "reply" text box open.

Edit:  I do get a buzz when hovering over thread links, even when text box is not open, but the constant static occurs when text box is open.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:22:29 PM by Chilli »