Author Topic: Technical question about shooting  (Read 5404 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Technical question about shooting
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 01:09:36 AM »
99.9% ?

Must be the .1% that realizes IF you even pull that move off I'm just going to climb and pick you to death with my energy advantage. That is only if I don't blast you trying to pull it off first.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 02:40:09 AM »
Challenge isn't talking about any fancy departure manoeuvres with his 99.9% / 100% claim Jo, he's talking about roping people in a superior energy-retaining aircraft. I've seen the video which was hastily removed the last time this was discussed. Unless he's developed a new technique and recycled the same name, which is possible but somehow I think the simpler explanation is more likely  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:18:04 AM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 08:38:19 PM »
cobra roll

While the "Cobra Roll" is a personal favorite, made by 99.9% of top Japanese restaurants and enjoyed by 100% of diners... how is a sushi dish on topic in this discussion?  Wouldn't the O'Club be a better place to start a thread on how to perform a double edamame, followed by ebi tempura and a split rainbow roll, all while staying out of your opponent's bento box?

I think we should stick to discussing WWII ACM, gunnery, and AH game-play tips in the Training Forum.

But that's just my opinion...

:aok
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:42:51 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 09:10:26 PM »
 :rofl

:aok Kingpin
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 01:23:39 PM »
99.9% ?

Must be the .1% that realizes IF you even pull that move off I'm just going to climb and pick you to death with my energy advantage. That is only if I don't blast you trying to pull it off first.

From the guy who pulls a tumbling drop out of the fight.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »
From the guy who pulls a tumbling drop out of the fight.......
That would be a stall :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 01:31:53 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pugachev%27s_Cobra

- oldman

Watch it now, Oldman.  Realism might get someone confused.   :rofl:salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »
This is also why the cobra roll is considered to be an 'advanced' maneuver. The whole point of the maneuver is to 'force' your opponent into a stall, while simultaneously avoiding any chance that he might have of hitting you. The advanced part of the maneuver is knowing precisely when his aircraft has lost its ability to influence his nose, and it is then that the target fighter offers a nice juicy target that is coincidently turning into position above the shooters nose. When the shooter pulls for the shot his airplane becomes a falling leaf and an easy target for the energy fighter that is now on top and behind.

99.9% of the "top" sticks in this game fall for this 100% of the time, so once you learn it you can kill each and every one of them with ease.

The proper name for the maneuver is "Cobra Turn", which is a variation of "Pugachev's Cobra".  Both maneuvers are useless in combat and will 99.99% of the time result in the death of the pilot trying such a maneuver.  It's a last ditch desperation move that if you don't pull it off leaves you without E and a nice slow stalled out target.  It's also very easy to counter.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
for the life of me, I am sure Ack-Ack has been nominated to train since 1996...... in other sim's included.........

maybe someone will take notice, if they see this ( unless ack-ack knows, which I'm sure he does know what it entails, and decides better not)....... I have no more nominations to give, I have retired...

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 02:11:49 PM »
And then we have all watched how something sudden and absolutely unexpected will often save your kester in this simm because it is not the real world. An example is the Krup tumble because you only see it about twice a year in the MA anymore. If it were used almost every time you entered a furball, it's surprise effect would be gone, and guys would be waiting for it to happen along with talking about how to account for it as an SOP part of discussing ACM in our game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »
Howdy :salute

yeah, "Party Trick" moves are cool and fun to do once in a while for sharts and giggles (and once in a while give you a kill) but they are usually a last ditch move and show a failure of SA for one and being out flown. Some people have a weird sense of karma and can pull those moves off at a descent rate and everyone is welcome to have fun and try them out but please do realize that it is better to learn to improve your SA and see the big picture, master your E retention and learn when to spend it, learn to fly crisper and cleaner, set up your shots, learn how other planes tend to behave when doing the same, and to have a good attitude when you do get shot down to learn from it. Again, no disrespect to anyones flight style, what works for you works for you, but it is better to teach proper techniques and the general physics involved with airplane combat and flight to give pilots the insight on WHY something may work on occasion and how to outfly others who are missing that knowledge.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nickel5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »
I use the top of the tail section on the AR234 to aim and stear the plane in the direction I want to fire my shots, even in a dog fight and at the top of a stall! ==<--O--O-->==

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 01:54:06 PM »
I stay away from the south end of 234's because of you Nickel. Now I HO or 90 degree lead shoot them. Hitech should just make the rear view on the periscope a key view.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline nickel5

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2016, 06:22:17 PM »
I stay away from the south end of 234's because of you Nickel. Now I HO or 90 degree lead shoot them. Hitech should just make the rear view on the periscope a key view.

Lol no worries anymore bustr! Been gone for 8 months now and the AR234 of Doom has been grounded and the out look for a return any time soon looks dimmer and dimmer as time goes on and real life has me busy with 3 grandkids and keeping up with our growing family. Maybe when the grandkids get older I can start a squad and teach them the game .

==<--O--O-->==

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2016, 07:04:17 PM »
Lol no worries anymore bustr! Been gone for 8 months now and the AR234 of Doom has been grounded and the out look for a return any time soon looks dimmer and dimmer as time goes on and real life has me busy with 3 grandkids and keeping up with our growing family. Maybe when the grandkids get older I can start a squad and teach them the game .

==<--O--O-->==

Good to hear from you Nickle5, and happy to hear you are enjoying the "grandpa" time, those grand kids are a blessing in our old age, and give us purpose in latter years. Enjoy them while you can, they grow like weeds. May you have many more.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76