Author Topic: DVI vs HDMI  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: DVI vs HDMI
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 02:23:52 PM »
You did it backwards.  You have to un-install the drivers first, then disable the device, or when you remove the drivers, Windows will re-enable it.  The name of the device should be generic after you remove the drivers.

The devices will always be listed in the device manager.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:27:43 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 03:54:40 PM »
You did it backwards.  You have to un-install the drivers first, then disable the device, or when you remove the drivers, Windows will re-enable it.  The name of the device should be generic after you remove the drivers.

The devices will always be listed in the device manager.

:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead (I know, rule #11) but:

I uninstalled the drivers and the devices immediately disappeared from device manager so I could not then disable them.  I rebooted and they were back. Don't know whether to laugh or cry but think the best course may be to disable and leave the drivers.

Thanks for all your help. No sarcasm intended, it's really appreciated. I think yo u must be a very patient person (or load up am Xanex).
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 06:06:10 AM »
:bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead (I know, rule #11) but:

I uninstalled the drivers and the devices immediately disappeared from device manager so I could not then disable them.  I rebooted and they were back. Don't know whether to laugh or cry but think the best course may be to disable and leave the drivers.

Thanks for all your help. No sarcasm intended, it's really appreciated. I think yo u must be a very patient person (or load up am Xanex).

The names they are listed as when the drivers are installed will disappear, but then come back with generic names.

Of course, it could be the drivers are not being physically removed from the computer.  There is that chance, in which case, you would have to manually remove them.

It seems with each iteration of Windows Microsoft finds more ways to make it difficult to recover from errant choices.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com