Author Topic: Old Timers coming back to the game.........AHIII  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Old Timers coming back to the game.........AHIII
« on: April 07, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
Folks, I've seen friends of mine back in the game I haven't seen in years in the Beta.

Rude and Toad are back in (with our squad of course) and today I saw my old friend Mitsu in Beta.

If you haven't been in Beta yet it would be a good idea to try it.

There is a forum for Beta also discussing possible problems, help with graphics and video cards, and bug reporting etc.

HTC was in Beta a few weeks ago and said Beta will shortly be the norm.

If you need help (except money)  there is plenty of it.  People in Beta will go out of their way to make the game more enjoyable for you.

Well I should say MOST people would be glad to lend a hand.  If you see me in there, I will be available to give any help I can.  (it's limited :D)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:19:00 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Old Timers coming back to the game.........AHIII
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:54:54 AM »
I recently seen a few old timers also in Aces high 2 also. I have been in the beta about 4 times already and it looks great. I can't wait to see what different maps/ terrains would look like.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:20:59 PM »
I saw Hajo lurking in CraterMA alone. Ooops did I say that, waiting as the official AH3 greater for all the returning hero's of the old Aces High generation.

AH3 day 1 go live is going to be like a founders day with free beer in Dodge city.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:36:50 PM »
I saw Hajo lurking in CraterMA alone. Ooops did I say that, waiting as the official AH3 greater for all the returning hero's of the old Aces High generation.

AH3 day 1 go live is going to be like a founders day with free beer in Dodge city.

what is the expected time frame for the release?
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »
Two weeks....no, actually it's still getting fixed. The more people who come in and report problems/bugs, the sooner it will go live. It is already more fun than one person should have.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 12:56:58 PM »
what is the expected time frame for the release?

Sonic check the Beta Forums.  Lots of info.  Frame rates will be determined by your video card.  There are many adjustments that can be made to boost frame rates.

Please take some time and read the Beta Forums.  It will help you greatly!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 01:00:53 PM »

Bustr ya caught me!  For shame Hajo.  As Bustr said and many others the fights in Beta are fun.  There is no score (which I could care less about) and you
get to test your PCs' performance.  I wish more would come to the Beta to enhance the fight and check out your machines performance.

In many cases improvements are made by simply using the clipboard for setting graphic details and environment.  If I can do it it ain't rocket science.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
I get a frame rate of 3 FPS in the beta. In the tower.  I won't be back in beta until my new rig arrives.  Hopefully 100% of the community has the resources to do what I had to do (buy a new rig).

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »
Rude and Toad are back in (with our squad of course) and today I saw my old friend Mitsu in Beta.

Say hi to both Rude and Toad for me Hajo.  I flew with both back with the 13 TAS was active.  Might see them in beta when testing.

:salute
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »
Say hi to both Rude and Toad for me Hajo.  I flew with both back with the 13 TAS was active.  Might see them in beta when testing.

:salute

Mister Fork I will do so!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
I've been saying for the last couple of years that I hoped, and expected, that many old faces would come out of the woodwork. This is just the start IMO - I'm really more blown away every time I mess with the beta, and that's just with the "standard" MA game, with none of the potential new tricks HTC may have up their sleeve in terms of gameplay mechanics.  Based on just what the beta is now, there is enough merit there IMO to bring back some serious numbers.

I've ran into my old CO Rude a few times, we've shot each other down a few times as well, one of the great players/CO, Toad as well - I learned a lot with them in the early years in 13TAS, it was a fantastically ran squad, I never logged on at night without having piles of wingman back then.

Mitsu coming back would be a huge plus for this game, considering how powerful the new sound stuff is with AH3, just imagine the sound packs he could crank out now, as his were very popular and well done back in the day, plus he was a great pilot to be around.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 01:34:28 AM »
Also, if you see those old timers, let them know a Scenario is coming their way -- the first Scenario in AH3 (assuming AH3 is out by June):

And, once you tell them about it, bring yourself and your pals!

A panoply of mayhem:  FW 190's, Bf 109, La-5's, Yak's, P-39's, Ju 88's, Tu-2's, Il-2's.

This is a knock-down, drag-out fight for everyone to enjoy.  :aok

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 12:36:49 AM »
This is a knock-down, drag-out fight for everyone to enjoy
Well, to be fair, not everyone is going to enjoy this.
The Axis are going to get  :ahand so...well, there's that to consider  :cheers:

Side note: Brooke, you rat bastage, made me google "panoply"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:41:22 AM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 05:15:27 AM »
oldtimers and shades are back  :rofl

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera