Author Topic: Ability to buy more perk points  (Read 4693 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Ability to buy more perk points
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 10:10:20 AM »
Also giving people some starter perks might increase the amount of players who stay

This would be the best compromise. Who cares if a new player has 300 perk points per category in their first month, I think that's a decent alternative to micro-pay-to-gain-advantage-I'm-not-willing-to-work-for crowd.

It is pretty exciting to take the first sortie in a "perk" plane, and if 1200 total perk points gets HTC another month of subscription, what do we the rest of the player base care? 

That first 262 flight isn't going to impact a veteran when a rookie is learning the finer points of compression in the 262.

Promotion and Retention, Yes.

Lazy capitalist shortcuts, no please.   (why not pay for kills, why not $200 and the map is won, why not $10k to insta-kill everyone on the map... Tell you what, send HTC one billion dollars and all players online at that moment must chant, We're not worthy!  :bhead :neener:)

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »
Starter perks is one thing...give 'em 100 perks in each category AFTER the initial monthly subscription is paid...

However allowing people to buy perks at will is a terrible idea...yeah it would bring some extra money in...but then Little Johnny can just get momma's credit card and spam 262s at will...or bustr might fall off the deep end and buy the pigs 262's for a whole month  :O

Pigs do not need to buy perks.  Most veteran Pigs are sitting on accumulated perks from years of flying.  Several of us have fighter perks in the 5 digit range.  You up in a horde, you will attract Pig jets.  You up in a jet and you will attract Pig jets. What is it you say?  A whine has been recorded. :ahand
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »
why not $200 and the map is won

You...  I like you.  This right here is a good idea.  Have a button on your clipboard that will allow you to donate toward winning the map.  Once your side's donations have exceeded $200, map reset, your side wins.

This could be an excellent revenue stream for the game.  On a completely unrelated subject, I would also suggest we put FesterMA in the map rotation 3 times instead of just once.  :t

I don't think 100 perks a month for everybody would hurt anything, but hell no on cash for perks.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »
Starter perks is one thing...give 'em 100 perks in each category AFTER the initial monthly subscription is paid...

However allowing people to buy perks at will is a terrible idea...yeah it would bring some extra money in...but then Little Johnny can just get momma's credit card and spam 262s at will...or bustr might fall off the deep end and buy the pigs 262's for a whole month  :O
Unfortunately I blow through perks trying to turn fight 262s so I would never waste or let anyone waste money buying perks. Think Razor has something like 38,000 Fighter perks....if we had a perk donation function he could get us all 262s...Way could probably take it the next month.

I think 25 perks a category for every paid month isn't a bad idea, think $100 is a little steep. I wouldn't mind seeing a donation function. Player A gives Player B 100 perks type deal. Maybe someone posts a Tempest fighter sweep and a noobie wants to tag along but doesn't have the perks...some vet could donate a few. It would definitely have to have a daily max donation like 50 a day.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 11:42:54 AM »
Unfortunately I blow through perks trying to turn fight 262s so I would never waste or let anyone waste money buying perks. Think Razor has something like 38,000 Fighter perks....if we had a perk donation function he could get us all 262s...Way could probably take it the next month.

I think 25 perks a category for every paid month isn't a bad idea, think $100 is a little steep. I wouldn't mind seeing a donation function. Player A gives Player B 100 perks type deal. Maybe someone posts a Tempest fighter sweep and a noobie wants to tag along but doesn't have the perks...some vet could donate a few. It would definitely have to have a daily max donation like 50 a day.

Swapping perks creates an ingame/third party economy though, which in general is bad.  I could live with it as long as they beefed up the squelch function so I wouldn't have to listen to the digital panhandlers.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 11:43:52 AM »
I could live with it as long as they beefed up the squelch function so I wouldn't have to listen to the digital panhandlers.

Erg. That was a bad vision.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 11:49:58 AM »
Erg. That was a bad vision.

Yeah.  I've seen it in action in other games.  It's somewhat high on my list of things I like about this game.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »
Swapping perks creates an ingame/third party economy though, which in general is bad.  I could live with it as long as they beefed up the squelch function so I wouldn't have to listen to the digital panhandlers.

Wiley.
Didn't even think of that but .report could handle that? You can't ask for perks...or face getting muted??? I think the true game breaker would be squads taking advantage of it for score or to take bases/stop base takes.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 12:09:43 PM »
I'm one of the poor pigs.  only got 6800 left.  didn't know 262s don't land well at 200 mph.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »
Didn't even think of that but .report could handle that? You can't ask for perks...or face getting muted??? I think the true game breaker would be squads taking advantage of it for score or to take bases/stop base takes.

Yes, but then they'd have to track it and enforce it.

Legions of 2 week accounts spamming "www.asianperkfarmers.com only $10 for 1000 perks!" would get old fast as well.  Then they'd have to watch closer for the second account vulching... etc etc.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline syko

• Zinc Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »
Some people can't sit around and play all day to get perks they don't have the time. Also make it available to buy so there is another income coming into the game I'd buy perks. I don't have time to perk farm so there's a lot of aircraft and vehicles I don't get to up for lack of perks, some people have a life to deal with but still love the game. They should have a day where all is free for fun sake. Free For All Friday.
Pigs On The Wing
PIG COMMANDER
[90% of everything is crap...except for crap, because crap is 100% crap
The Big Rabits

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 12:23:26 PM »
I'm kind of coming around to the idea of free communist perk points on the first of every month.  Gives the people who don't earn a lot some to play with, and doesn't matter to the people who have plenty of perks.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »
You want perks? Pay your dues like the rest of us!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 02:11:54 PM »
Beginning of every tour the newbies would all up a 262 or other perked ride and the perk farming bell would be rung. While squads would look at the first of the new tour as a fun mission time to take out a hoard of B29, 262, tiger2 and so forth. And you guys would have your hands full in here trying to explain to a newb why a 262 is not a god mode ride against a 109E flown by a vet.

Down side, whining by newbs and vets at Hitech that the amount of perks given out each new tour is not enough leading up to the BIG whine that there should be no perked rides ever.

Why did I just get a shiver down my spine like someone was carving my name into a big stick....... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
I think we've come full circle and reached the conclusion that it's just fine, as is. Well, maybe not all of us.  (I have, though.) :D