Author Topic: Ability to buy more perk points  (Read 4701 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ability to buy more perk points
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 03:34:43 PM »
It's a good idea...but as many have said, definitely would come with some downsides which overcome the good of it by miles...

Side switch time should be reverted back to 1 hour any time of day though....no good reason not to other then that's where HTC wants it...which is good enough for me but I'll still debate it.

Griefing...still happens...Spies....still happen...nothing has changed other then the people who weren't abusing it (those looking for better fights) which normally evened out the ENY can't find fights on their side or can't switch to another for 3-4 hours so they log off.....how long will these subscribers (a lot of vets) stay if they keep having to pay for a game when "sometimes you find WW2 combat simulation".
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »
Pigs do not need to buy perks.  Most veteran Pigs are sitting on accumulated perks from years of flying.  Several of us have fighter perks in the 5 digit range.  You up in a horde, you will attract Pig jets.  You up in a jet and you will attract Pig jets. What is it you say?  A whine has been recorded. :ahand

:rofl :rofl :rofl  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
You up in a horde, you will attract Pig jets.  You up in a jet and you will attract Pig jets.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 10:58:22 AM »

All right, Fork, who put you up to this?  You already have enough accumulated perks to equip a 1945 20th Air Force B-29 mission, and would have no difficulty acquiring more. 

Canadians are not known for deception, but I sense an ulterior motive here.

- Oldman the Suspicious
Dang it OM, foiled again.   :furious

Was thinking of having newbs fly around in their expensive rides so I can take them down in my highpoints ENY ride and gain like a gazillion perkies as a result. LA-5's, Ki-84, P-47D-11, F6F, Tiffie...all higher rides that usually result in good perk points  :x

Another option was to send perkies to friends/squad mates/etc as a gift.  Like, hey @Arlo, it's your birthday - take a Tempest up for a ride or two.

Anyways, I'll crawl back into my igloo and eat my beaver tails. :P

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2016, 01:23:08 AM »
aren't most games moving to the Pay for what you want model? most game allow you to play the game for free and if you want to fly or play the better vechicles you either earn them with points or pay for the points, and those companies are making alot more money then they would charging a monthly free. This game is way behind in alot of things and unless it does something to bring in new people. it will just get worse.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 10:09:41 AM »
aren't most games moving to the Pay for what you want model? most game allow you to play the game for free and if you want to fly or play the better vechicles you either earn them with points or pay for the points, and those companies are making alot more money then they would charging a monthly free. This game is way behind in alot of things and unless it does something to bring in new people. it will just get worse.

No, it won't.

HTC seemed to be resting on their laurels for a while but have spent the last 3 years working on AH3.  That left AH2 to stagnate and competition from "free" games didn't help the game population.

As soon as AH3 is rolled out though, the numbers will start to bounce back.   

How many of these games that AH is supposed to emulate, have been around for 17 years?   17 years from now, I bet they'll all be long gone.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »

As soon as AH3 is rolled out though, the numbers will start to bounce back.   

This is my hope and belief as well.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »

how would a pay to win model would work in ah.  I mean the way we have it now.  please do submit a proposal.  I would love to hear your thoughts on how it might work. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2016, 12:41:02 PM »
how would a pay to win model would work in ah.  I mean the way we have it now.  please do submit a proposal.  I would love to hear your thoughts on how it might work. 

semp

Pay for perkies, are there enough "games" out there that that do this crap already? You can not and should not be able to buy ability. I understand there is legal council and blue pills out there that are contrary to this ethos. However, leave the MMUWW2OLCFSWT alone! Maybe I could pay a little extra to bash peoples fingers with a ball peen hammer that bring up this dribble. Stick to what you know (impersonating a moderator on 200), Y.G.T.B.S.M. on this one.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:34:38 PM by vHACKv »
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2016, 01:35:18 PM »
we already pay for perkies.  reality is if you want to play a game like world of warplanes then go play it.  it already exists.  if you want to play a game where 2 ponies ability to kill each other is based on who sucks less then it's ah.

semp

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2016, 01:39:39 PM »

semp

Here's how i'd imagine such a system...

-All latewar planes would be perked, midwar planes would be free to use.
-perks could only be earned on landed sorties
-all ordinance would be perked
-oh and a cool down timer for gvs before they can ditch or land

i don't see why people are so against a pay model, this isn't some competitive game
its a sandbox, and if people would rather risk their money rather than their time, let them

it would be fun to down a 262 some guy spent $50 bucks to buy the perkies for

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 02:09:09 PM by Randall172 »

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2016, 01:52:29 PM »
we already pay for perkies.  reality is if you want to play a game like world of warplanes then go play it.  it already exists.  if you want to play a game where 2 ponies ability to kill each other is based on who sucks less then it's ah.

semp

The fact that I actually agree with you here befuddles me.

However, the lack of any application of any grammatical effort, hurts my soul. Did you and Gldnbb drop out of the same school? You both do that way too many spaces after incomplete sentences with periods thing.
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »
Here's how i'd imagine such a system...

-All latewar planes would be perked, midwar planes would be free to use.
-perks could only be earned on landed sorties
-all ordinance would be perked

i don't see why people are so against a pay model, this isn't some competitive game
its a sandbox, and if people would rather risk their money rather than their time, let them

it would be fun to down a 262 some guy spent $50 bucks to buy the perkies for

considering that it takes me 4 months to get enough perks to fly a 262 then it's already funny.  if you want me to fly midwar planes then I'll drop my subscription in a heartbeat.  and so will most guys.  who would pay for subscription when spitfires, p47's p51's f4u's and 30 other planes are free.

semp

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
considering that it takes me 4 months to get enough perks to fly a 262 then it's already funny.  if you want me to fly midwar planes then I'll drop my subscription in a heartbeat.  and so will most guys.  who would pay for subscription when spitfires, p47's p51's f4u's and 30 other planes are free.

semp

you act like you'll be stuck flying midwar planes, you could use the g6 to farm up perks then every now and then roll out in a p51 or something.
starting out you would not get the uber planes in the game.

I would also change the ENY system so that it doesn't matter what plane you are flying just what plane you killed

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »