Author Topic: Non-Peak Time ENY / Side Switching  (Read 2358 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Non-Peak Time ENY / Side Switching
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 11:15:03 AM »
not saying shida does this but sometimes you do have to engineer a fight (especially off hours) rather than tower watch / monitor scanty dar bars that may or may not indicate a correct level of cons inbound.

After about 10-15minutes of looking at the map you get a feel for what is on and then go about provoking an enemy reaction.  Some of the best furballs occur out of recently failed base takes and you have to get airbourne to create that environment.  Logging off in disgust that your meal wasn't on a plate for you does wear thin (again not directed at anyone in particular). 

I do sympathise with guys who havent got all day and want a quick fight hopefully the 1vs1 arena might help with that.
Problem is with the low numbers when you try to build a fight they just run for field supps or man guns...yea this game isn't broke at all.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 12:14:48 PM »
Really and truely, the only way to make the game quicker with more action is to have smaller maps with closer bases. Having to fly 20 minutes to a field is the slow aspect to the game. It's not a big deal when a lot of players are in the area, but when the #s are low and people are spread out all over, there is simply no point in flying to a base with 1 tiny little dar bar with maybe one enemy that you can't even find. That's what people are talking about. I really hope to see some maps in the new version that have less bases and are moved closer together. Even if maps get won in 3 hours it really doesn't matter. That's why I had some really great fights in the H2H because the maps were small and people could find the action, they were bound and forced to engage, and this happened with only 4 players on each side. I feel this will be the only way #s will increase in the off hours time.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »
And you get the new arena in AH3 that quick matches you guys for fast fights if you show up and sit in the tower.

The MA terrains are built by "players", as long as they follow guidelines from HTC, their dream world gets accepted. So why not build your perfect MA terrain like Fester did and submit it to Skuzzy for approval? You seem to have an expert assessment of what's ruining the game.

Complaining in here will never persuade anyone to build your dream world on their time, which it takes a boat load of it to create a terrain. The AH3 terrain editor is pretty simple to operate and Easycor, Greebo, and the terrain team are happy to answer your questions.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
And you get the new arena in AH3 that quick matches you guys for fast fights if you show up and sit in the tower.

The MA terrains are built by "players", as long as they follow guidelines from HTC, their dream world gets accepted. So why not build your perfect MA terrain like Fester did and submit it to Skuzzy for approval? You seem to have an expert assessment of what's ruining the game.

Complaining in here will never persuade anyone to build your dream world on their time, which it takes a boat load of it to create a terrain. The AH3 terrain editor is pretty simple to operate and Easycor, Greebo, and the terrain team are happy to answer your questions.

Just because I know how to offer solutions from 12 years of expert game play, doesn't mean I can create maps or have the time for it. Festers  map works great because bases are closer together.  I wish it was a tiny bit smaller. If you don't recognize this as a problem Bustr than you are just short sighted.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 05:04:35 PM »
Just because I know how to offer solutions from 12 years of expert game play, doesn't mean I can create maps or have the time for it. Festers  map works great because bases are closer together.  I wish it was a tiny bit smaller. If you don't recognize this as a problem Bustr than you are just short sighted.

we do have small maps and they get rolled within a couple of hours mostly during non-prime time.  and you want smaller maps?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »
we do have small maps and they get rolled within a couple of hours mostly during non-prime time.  and you want smaller maps?

semp

Rolling of the maps isn't the issue. You could go through 5 maps a day, at least the fights would be more engaging during the off hours.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
what happens now when you have the small maps?

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 05:30:21 PM »

semp

Also, it's more about the base distance than the size of the map.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »
Also, it's more about the base distance than the size of the map.

small pizza or the uterus map have bases really close to each other.  but I cant find a fight because everybody and their mother is in a gv.  and that is during prime time.  I normally log in then log off when I see those maps. 

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 05:57:18 PM »
small pizza or the uterus map have bases really close to each other.  but I cant find a fight because everybody and their mother is in a gv.  and that is during prime time.  I normally log in then log off when I see those maps. 

semp

I'm also a proponent of no TTs  :D

The thing is, compello (the never ending map, looks like a galexy) has really close bases, but the fronts are too far apart. you got everyone scattered all over the map. It almost never gets won in 7 days. The fights can be a lot of fun, but it needs a shave of excess bases in the back. Even some of the smaller maps have bases that are too far away, flying 15 minutes hoping to find 1 con in a tiny red dar bar can get kinda slow.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:59:24 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 04:51:35 AM »
Today I tried to stop an attack on our radar base. When I got there it was flat. So I shot out the radar of their nearest vehicle base and got shot at by an 88-mm. So using stealth technology I shot that out too. Then an OST thing came out and tried to shoot me. Their nearest airbase was a quarter of a sector away. Would have taken five minutes to get an e advantage and attack me.

Just can't start fights when you fly alone I think. Not in my flying hours. Bah, I give up  :rofl

NikonGuy, just saw your post. I'll look for you and see if you're in a private arena.  :salute

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 10:55:39 AM »
And in other news I ran into NikonGuy and SYSTEM and had a fantastic hour of good old fashioned one-on-ones in the DA and remembered why I loved the game. Just really quality flying, making new friends and trying out new aircraft.

Cobblers, to the war  :old:  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rock

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »
Might help finding folks to fight by HT simply turning one all dar at low player count times. That way you can see all dots on the map, even when they are not in the dar ring.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »

Hitech won't have Waffle take your observations and trim existing maps. Converting them to AH3 will be done probably by players donationg personal time. Since you have just eliminated yourself from stepping up and solving your problem with your own map along with the like minded who support your observations. Who is supposed to whack all the existing maps based on your expert opinion? In the past year you have been very willing to take part in these discussions and the MA. You could have created your dream map in that time. Didn't Fester create his over three years with his spare time? I put my time into the new game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 01:18:29 AM »
Hitech won't have Waffle take your observations and trim existing maps. Converting them to AH3 will be done probably by players donationg personal time. Since you have just eliminated yourself from stepping up and solving your problem with your own map along with the like minded who support your observations. Who is supposed to whack all the existing maps based on your expert opinion? In the past year you have been very willing to take part in these discussions and the MA. You could have created your dream map in that time. Didn't Fester create his over three years with his spare time? I put my time into the new game.

I understand your point Bustr but you can't berate someone for choosing not to invest a considerable amount of their free time voluntarily. You don't know anything about their circumstances and besides, the game is not free to play. Your point is becoming a false dilemma. No need to be so protective.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0