Author Topic: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 18166 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2016, 09:19:44 AM »
Auto-updated from patch 13 to 17...

It broke my beta...cannot resolve...

Auto-updater worked flawlessly until trying to open beta...have to force close...

DXDIAG attached again...

Edit....deleted the 15 to 17 auto-patch didnt work... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
This is what I fear will happen to a few of the customers with lower end computers, if the auto-updater is used to bring them over to AH3.  It has the potential of destroying their last working copy of AH2 and maybe also voiding some films.  :O Other than that, bring on AH3.  :aok

Auto-updated from patch 13 to 17...

It broke my beta...cannot resolve...

Auto-updater worked flawlessly until trying to open beta...have to force close...

DXDIAG attached again...

Edit....deleted the 15 to 17 auto-patch didnt work... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Auto updater will update from one patch to the "next" and therefore it no longer works for you since your patch had been replaced previously.  Best answer is to download the latest full version from the latest patch release "sticky post" found at the top of this forum.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:22:56 PM by Chilli »

Offline NAVCAD1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2016, 10:26:22 AM »
Couple of things I've seen:

1. Guns on CV still shoot after CV has been sunk (Convenient but unrealistic..LOL).  Also still see fire on the water when CV is gone.

2.  VERY VERY slow transition from water to land for LVT.  Took 5 min barely moving to come ashore.

3.  Still getting stuck on curbs and bridges with GVs.  Once you're stopped you're stuck

4. Already mentioned but no reload sound on Ship guns.

5. Still struggling with FR but slightly overclocked my Nvidia GT 740 and I'm able to bounce between 35 and 55 with all the candy turned off.  Will be getting more RAM and a new card this weekend (I hope)

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
Uploading vids.  should be apparent when viewing video.
Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2016, 01:24:13 PM »
Part 2

Odd case where lvts can't grab land when reaching land, reminds me of years ago when this happened.  But, try left and right and back and forward, you can't grab land to get onto land with an LVT.  May be just certain bases.
Uncle Fred

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2016, 01:57:21 PM »
CraterMA

Took a M8 out of the port vh hanger, ran down the beach trying to find "hidden walls".

-467019,10,330797,-0.4,-9.5,-138.9
craterma
FOV = 73.5

Tried several other areas close by, noticed that the wall seemed to be associated with the edge of the water waves coming ashore. It appears that where the last ripple of the wave ends, that is the location of the wall. Checked up and down the beach at about 6 different locations, they were all the same.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2016, 03:57:22 PM »
May not be meant to work, but I uploaded a WW1 mission and it shows up in the mission box for the WW! arena, but does not seem to load.  Works offline.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2016, 05:03:06 PM »
Please put up curtains in the airfield hangars -- can't read the text or see the convergence settings (with shadows turned off).   A nice pleated cotton in olive drab would be fine.
No problem in the CV hangar.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2016, 07:16:38 PM »
Like this?

HiTech also had a similar experience, yet I have not had any since.  So, I thought maybe it had been located and fixed somehow during this patch...   :headscratch:

What were you doing at the time that you had a problem with joystick input?  What did the input do, or not do?
I think same problem, but I can't understand joystick battery change.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2016, 08:34:41 PM »
It does seem that disconnecting the usb cord and replacing it, returns control for me.  So, taking batteries out and back in, possibly has the same effect.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2016, 12:33:13 AM »
I drove into the Knight refinery area with an M4 and was shooting the FlaK tower when I hit a Quad 20mm directly and it crashed the game.

EDIT: Verified this by repeating the same event. I will get a screenshot of the gun in question.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:16:34 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2016, 01:30:55 AM »
Flak and Smoke effects from aircraft seem to appear behind clouds for me.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2016, 08:24:37 AM »
Might want to look at the surface behind that gun in question. I think you can see what I mean in the film I attached.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
Shooting through the trees is impossible if you fire near the branches as they will always block the shot.

H̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶K̶e̶y̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶b̶o̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶1̶0̶:̶1̶0̶ ̶C̶S̶T̶.̶ ̶.̶ ̶.̶

EDIT: Not that. It's AT&T dropping packets like raindrops in a thunderstorm.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:03:31 PM by Chalenge »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2016, 11:32:26 AM »
Stall limiter despite being off, is forced on by the arena settings I believe.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho