Author Topic: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 18031 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2016, 09:59:41 PM »
So I suspect the problem has nothing to do with AH3 and all to do with Realtek.

Once again it's software 3D, at least according to the Realtek site.

This was a problem with FMOD once before, but I think they (at least) had it fixed. At least you are aware of what to do about it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »
Once again it's software 3D, at least according to the Realtek site.

This was a problem with FMOD once before, but I think they (at least) had it fixed. At least you are aware of what to do about it.

I am?  I missed that; what can I do?  I was under the impression that all audio was software since Vista added audio DRM?  I do have a Sound Blaster card I never installed, but I am leary of the possible nightmares that could cause (I've had problems with SB software in the past).

I'll check the Realtek site for later drivers (I've been getting them from the MB manufacturer's site, Gigabyte).

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
Actually, you are probably helping hitech more by just leaving your system like it is (I think that's basically what he just said). If we all ran Sound Blaster Zs then HTC wouldn't even know there was a problem. But, if you are forcing 5.1, Dolby, Crystal enhancements, and so on then you might turn all that off and test again.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »
I still get clipping, flickering, sorting issues with distant trees, buildings and gun pits.
The Shadows are not as good as AH2 because I cannot select smoothing and texture sizes to suit. Having the texture change along a set line/distance is an eyesore from in the cpit view when it goes from high to low LOD and starts to move with the pixilation.
I also have never seen tracers with a trail behind them, I have 106FOV and 1080p res
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:17:09 AM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2016, 12:25:42 PM »
Got together with a friend in AH3 to test sound direction issues and noted that there is a 6-7 second delay between when a tank 600-700 yards away starts and it is heard by the other tank. We both tested it several times with the same result from both perspectives. I know there is delay built in for distant sounds such as when HE shell explode, which I really like, but 6-7 seconds seems a little long for 700 yards.

Maybe it's an issue with our systems. He has a pretty low end HP and uses the realtek sound system on the MB. I've got a 3 year old home built that lags a little in the sound department in that I'm using an SB X-Fi extreme gamer card that is about 8 years old.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
When you shoot an object at long distance and it starts smoking it will also appear to stop smoking if you move your view slightly left or right. Film available upon request.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2016, 11:58:34 PM »
I setup DSR for 5760 x 3240. Initial framerates were very good at 50-60fps near the radar factory of the rook (SE side of Greebo). I set up a pretty decent view and hit alt-s to get a screenshot and the game crashed (Aces High has stopped unexpectedly I think it was). So, I then remembered I had textures set at 4096 and I turned them down to 1024 and oddly the frame rates were now at 34-40. Same thing with a crash after hitting alt-s.

So, I started Fraps to get a screenshot with it. Same resolution and textures at 1024. The game then crashed on entry to the arena. Repeated several times to be sure and got the same result.

By the way the game is absolutely beautiful at that resolution. Bring on Pascal!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2016, 01:54:17 AM »
Ok, found something! At least on my end. Not sure if my terminology is correct but I get no "Tail slip" indicator(bubble thingy" in the 190- d model. Tried offline and online in Greebo"s maps. Didn't check any of the other arenas though. I don't fly it a lot and it may have been brought up earlier but haven't seen anyone flying it here, as perk rides seem to be the norm. Just putting it out there. I am loving this new set up guys, thank you!  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2016, 09:47:15 AM »
Actually, you are probably helping hitech more by just leaving your system like it is (I think that's basically what he just said). If we all ran Sound Blaster Zs then HTC wouldn't even know there was a problem. But, if you are forcing 5.1, Dolby, Crystal enhancements, and so on then you might turn all that off and test again.

I ran tests on the Beta's 3D audio sound positioning using my SB X7 DAC-AMP set up in Direct Mode (in this mode the Creative's SBX is completely shut off so none of the sound enhancing capabilities are active so the DAC is receiving the sound as sourced from the Beta's FMOD system and does nothing to it except amp the signal as-is then sends it to output). With my speaker set up my DAC is set up in a std 2-channel L-R dynamic speaker layout using the speaker's existing built-in crossover for bass. My Sennheiser GAM4E Zero headset works in the same manner. This should present as clean of a test as can be run in the wild.

In the tests I've ran to date so far in aircraft the 3D audio sound positioning appears to be coming from the game as "accurate" and is being placed in the right places according to the original sound source presented (usually the plane's engine and guns which in single seater planes is originally mapped to be in front of the pilot) as heard thru my DAC-AMP.

The reason why I put the word accurate in "" is due to not having knowledge of the Beta's sound mapping to know the source placement of all generated sounds so I can only use sounds in the game that the mapped sound source placement within the game is obvious to pick out then test for positioning when I change the head position relative to the sound source.

It also does occur to me that any sound displacement of another vehicle\plane other than your own could be due to other variables to consider outside of the game or the sound device being used.

Just thinking out loud......................... ...

When I get the time I will run similar tests in ground vehicles to see if the results change (have family visiting this week....on vacation).

This is what I've found so far on my end concerning this topic.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2016, 10:06:44 AM »
That's a good point. While some of us know how to do this and can test the same things, maybe the main point is to test things with default settings?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »
Got together with a friend in AH3 to test sound direction issues and noted that there is a 6-7 second delay between when a tank 600-700 yards away starts and it is heard by the other tank. We both tested it several times with the same result from both perspectives. I know there is delay built in for distant sounds such as when HE shell explode, which I really like, but 6-7 seconds seems a little long for 700 yards.

Maybe it's an issue with our systems. He has a pretty low end HP and uses the realtek sound system on the MB. I've got a 3 year old home built that lags a little in the sound department in that I'm using an SB X-Fi extreme gamer card that is about 8 years old.

Speed of sound is 375 yards per second, so delay should have been about 2 seconds.

I tested the delay for 88mm ack explosions and it seemed to be about right for the set distance.

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2016, 11:11:03 AM »
I reset my X-Fi card to default settings and rana test with another player in the crater arena. His computer uses the realtek sound processor on the MB. We positioned ourselves about 1,000 yards apart and, although I could hear his engine with min shut off, he could not hear my engine with his shut off. We moved into 800 yards and then he could hear me. To him the sound was dead on at 12 and diminished as he traversed his turret left and right. With my card at default settings it no longer sounded like he was 30-45 degrees off my 12. But from my perspective I couldn't tell his location by sound. Although he was at my 12 the sound was at about the same volume as I traversed to my 3 or 9. It was definitely at lower at my 6.

We then went to a wooded area and tried to find one another with one stopped with engine running. He had no trouble locating me by sound. I could not tell where he was coming from.

He made an interesting comment. If he uses headphones the sound is right on target. If he uses speakers it is of by 30-45 degrees. (A problem with his speaker balance perhaps?)

I used both headphones and speakers and experienced no difference.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2016, 11:52:21 AM »

In the tests I've ran to date so far in aircraft the 3D audio sound positioning appears to be coming from the game as "accurate" and is being placed in the right places according to the original sound source presented (usually the plane's engine and guns which in single seater planes is originally mapped to be in front of the pilot) as heard thru my DAC-AMP.

Before I reset my sound card to defaults the engine sounds in single engine planes were louder at 3 and 9 than at 12. I just tested that again  with the card at default settings and the sounds are as you would expect. Loudest at 12, less so at 3 and 9, and least at 6. Another indication that these tests need to be run at default settings. Now why the test with the tanks didn't work out as well.......???

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »
He may have his speakers set to 5.1, or surround. I think that's what SB does by default.

I also noticed that the vehicles can only be heard about 1k away. In fact you have me wanting to test aircraft now. We used to be able to hear vehicles out to about 3.2k, but it could be that the difference is intentional, or unintentional (on the to-do list). 1k is actually pretty far away, so the question becomes what a realistic setting would be anyway?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2016, 12:08:54 PM »
Has Hitech made the range slider active for the external engine sound for aircraft yet? I think right now it's about 800yds. I believe around the time FMOD was switched over to for testing things like discrete volume for each sound had not be enabled and the external aircraft sound was pointed to as being too close. Has that changed?

I think we are beginning to repeat report things that are on a to do list. I kept reporting the fighter hanger at ports floating 12 inches above the ground for what seemed like 9 months. By this point, myself with tracers and this sound issue is several well pulverized dead horses.

Sorry Hitech and Skuzzy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.