Author Topic: How to see the Airfields and Vehicle bases more clear from higher Altitudes?  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
I wasn't really commenting on the ability of the game to show detail.

I was commenting on the idea that NOT being able to see the airfields or buildings is _more "realistic_.

It isn't.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Took this last night offline, at ~ 32k ft altitude.  These and another 2 or 3 screenshots of the airfield detail show that Beta is "capable" of IRL visibility, but maybe fog and/ or individual's settings have more of a drastic effect.  :headscratch:

Partially zoomed F3 mode above.

No zoom F3 mode from slightly lower altitude ~29K+ ft.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 09:35:29 AM by Chilli »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
I wasn't really commenting on the ability of the game to show detail.

I was commenting on the idea that NOT being able to see the airfields or buildings is _more "realistic_.

It isn't.

This. I have always assumed it was common knowledge that the higher you go (in the absence of clouds) the easier it is to see details further away on the ground. Games have limitations though.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.