Author Topic: Aces High stopped working  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High stopped working
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 07:04:38 PM »
Do you have them installed in the same location?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 07:09:45 PM »
Both shortcuts are installed on the desktop.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 07:46:25 PM »
Yes, as it should be, but if both programs are installed in the same folder then it will make a real mess of things.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 08:11:02 PM »
Both are installed in the Hitech Creations Folder.

Aces High

Aces High Beta

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 05:09:16 AM »
That's cool, but you need to answer up on Skuzzy's question.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 05:44:30 AM »
If that is a fresh DXDIAG output, it still shows the VIA audio enabled.

Also noticed the motherboard chipset drivers are missing.  The system is using the standard Microsoft drivers for the chipset.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 05:46:55 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 06:52:19 PM »
I tried disabling VIA audio and game still wouldn't open.

Unfortunately, there are no drivers for window 10. I tried the ASUS drivers CD and spoke with a tech.

So, I reinstalled the game and it works now. No idea how this made a difference.

I backed up the settings folder a while back. After reinstalling AH2 I renamed the original folder settings to (settings - original) and dragged the saved settings folder into the aces high folder. The folder shows but the settings are not working in game. Don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry for being a pain.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:58:05 PM by FGBullet »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 01:58:43 AM »
Is the saved settings folder you dragged into the game folder named "settings"? Just double checking.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 05:53:13 AM »
I tried disabling VIA audio and game still wouldn't open.

Unfortunately, there are no drivers for window 10. I tried the ASUS drivers CD and spoke with a tech.

So, I reinstalled the game and it works now. No idea how this made a difference.

I backed up the settings folder a while back. After reinstalling AH2 I renamed the original folder settings to (settings - original) and dragged the saved settings folder into the aces high folder. The folder shows but the settings are not working in game. Don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry for being a pain.

This is one of the more serious problems with Windows 10.  Many motherboard chipsets are not supported.  It causes stability and performance issues with DirectX and OpenGL applications.  Basicially, the motherboard chipset is running in the old PC/AT emulation mode.

What path is the game installed in?  Are you allowing the anti-xxxx software which comes with Windows 10 to run?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 06:02:48 AM »
Is the saved settings folder you dragged into the game folder named "settings"? Just double checking.

Yes it is.

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 06:08:00 AM »
This is one of the more serious problems with Windows 10.  Many motherboard chipsets are not supported.  It causes stability and performance issues with DirectX and OpenGL applications.  Basicially, the motherboard chipset is running in the old PC/AT emulation mode.

What path is the game installed in?  Are you allowing the anti-xxxx software which comes with Windows 10 to run?

Hitech Creations - Aces High - Settings

The Anti-xxxx with Windows 10 is turned off.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 06:43:10 AM »
When you say it is not working, what did you do to determine that?  Are you running the game from a desktop ICON?  If so, try the Windows start menu instead.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FGBullet

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »
When you say it is not working, what did you do to determine that?  Are you running the game from a desktop ICON?  If so, try the Windows start menu instead.

Um, you mean the game?

AH2 worked fine yesterday after reloading the game. Now it crashes after I join an arena. I've tried from desktop ICON and start menu. My original HDD works fine as far as loading the game; guess I'll work off a dual boot.

Thanks