Author Topic: a thought for fun, opinions wanted  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: a thought for fun, opinions wanted
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2016, 09:16:21 AM »
I like the idea.  I am unable to participate in Saturday stuff because I work.  I would love this to have a start time of 8PM EST so I may participate.  I would also love for this to be a bit longer, maybe 3 hours instead of 2 if possible.  I like the pretext of the AvA and would love to have more in the AvA to make the fun even better.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2016, 02:55:49 PM »
Some thoughts I had on strategic bombing and strats.

I was thinking, let's say were using a city strat for Germany. A cities production is connected to the fighter hangers and the bases that fighters are available(even production rates of fighters?)

Something like
City:
100% - Fighter Hanger Base Rebuilds Full for next frame. 15 Fighter Bases available.
75-100% - 10/15 Fighter Hangers Rebuilt - Loss of 5 Fighter bases available.
50-75% - 6/15 Fighter Hangers Rebuilt. - Loss of 7 Fighter Bases.
25-50% - 4/15 Fighter Hangers Rebuilt - Loss of 9 Fighter bases.
0-25% - 2/15 Fighter Hangers Rebuilt - Loss of 11 Fighter Bases.

Cities will be 100% each frame but each strat will now become very important, as if they aren't protected, your side is going to lose advantages.

Maybe the part of losing full fighters at bases is too extreme, maybe losing specific fighters at certain bases or something along those lines.

Also, something like:
Cities = Fighters
AA = Bombers
Radar = Vehicles
Fuel = Fuel? Troops?

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2016, 04:45:38 PM »
well...... certain planes will be at certain bases. lose the base, lose the plane. their IS incentive to keep your bases. there Will be planes at certain Vbases so even those we be an important base to lose.

this will be an all out brawl, but it think we can make it work, and make it fun.

I think  when we get this ironed out, we'll have a combination of FSO, scenario and a long term war rolled up into one neat little package!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:47:11 PM by captain1ma »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 04:54:07 PM »
Cities will be 100% each frame but each strat will now become very important, as if they aren't protected, your side is going to lose advantages.

Now ask your self the question, do you wish to fly around protecting your city seeing no one, on the chance some one might come?

HiTech

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 08:00:18 PM »
Now ask your self the question, do you wish to fly around protecting your city seeing no one, on the chance some one might come?

HiTech

That's why you have to have shared objectives that stipulate what each side must defend and attack. The fundamental part of a multiplayer event is to ensure everyone sees some action.

All special events work on that premise.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 08:20:36 PM »

HiTech

Like Nef said, make it a secondary objective throughout the frame. Now how that fits in the bigger picture of the main objectives like Jaeger said would be tougher as it pulls from the premise a little bit.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 09:23:30 PM »
you also have to remember, air traffic control will be active. so if someone is heading for the strats, it will show on radar. this is not going to be hey guys where the other guys are, you're gonna know. targets will be chosen ahead of time, with 2 secondary targets. only 3 targets per night, and im betting 1 will be enough. there will only be a certain number of lives. so there are going to be many controlling factors.

the way im planning this setup, NO ONE will have a problem finding a fight, be it, air, land or sea!!

the other thought that hit me, was what if squads or groups(walk ons) were actually based at a certain base. if it happened to get attacked and they lost it, they would get reassigned to a different base?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:26:26 PM by captain1ma »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:11 AM »
pilots will have to register with air traffic control and announce when they take off, this will allow ATC to record and control lives and keep things in order.

I'm going to start setting up a terrain and get this show started. im thinking Battle of Britain for the first part. again this setup will be about base capture.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »
The concept has great potential.

Yep!  +1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »
one of the time suggestions was Saturday night at midnight EST, I thought maybe 11pm EST. are there any other time suggestions?

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 06:27:39 AM »
alrighty then, lets do this. keep your eyes out for the announcement!!

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »
 :x     :salute  Sounds interesting thus far!
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 12:09:03 PM »

HiTech

Well, the glaringly obvious answer is...  if you make the Strat "that" important, they will come.  Chesty McThumper will not find this kind of thing at all entertaining.... it's obviously TEAM oriented.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »
strats will be target, but they will be the target at that time. so will cities. targets must be declared in order to attack them!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2016, 12:42:49 PM »
would a start time of 9pm EST on a saturday night be ok with everyone?