Author Topic: Maybe this was answered already, not sure...  (Read 323 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Maybe this was answered already, not sure...
« on: April 18, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
Can I import my AH2 sounds over to AH3 Beta?

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Maybe this was answered already, not sure...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »
Nope. AH2 sounds cant be used with AH3. They have to be converted using FMOD.

Check out this topic: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,377219.0.html
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
... and for the "ChiLLi" answer, "Why would you want to?"  Actually, that was not an answer....  :neener: 

I have done some of the footwork necessary to make a FMod sound profile.  It is quite a bit more complex and 100% more capable of recreating "realistic" sounds.  For instance, your plane engine doesn't just increase and decrease in tempo, it adds characteristics of exhaust as well as other fine details, and as for custom sounds, the potential of adding propeller noise, engine sputters, and any number of imaginative elements can be created. All of that, and according to the boss, the sound profile uses less available game memory (or something to that affect  :headscratch: ).

For those like Challenge, Mitsu, USRanger and TwinBoom, the work they have done for AH2 has been amazing.  I can only imagine what "mind blowing" future sound profiles will be created by them.  The comparison of running a race with a vintage Maserati, and then running that same race with present day Formula I car.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 05:46:33 PM »
Thanks!

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 07:34:17 AM »
Yeah, don't expect it overnight. The last pack I did took me years to complete and actually I was not satisfied even then. My work load has also tripled since then, and that's a conservative estimate.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.