Author Topic: Hitech: TrackIR 2-axis mode.  (Read 2003 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Hitech: TrackIR 2-axis mode.
« on: April 18, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »
Hitech,

Have you discontinued allowing TrackIR in 2-axis Yaw\Pitch mode to inherit the saved hps file info?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Hitech: TrackIR 2-axis mode.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
Not intentionally. But the Vr stuff was merged with the track ir stuff. So the could be a bug, are you seeing one?

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »
Yes, testing tracers this morning I used TR in 2-axis mode. All views are the default basic with no inheritance from the HPS file. The 6 view is now into the head rest.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 06:24:14 PM »
I haven't tried TrackIR yet, but have had similar experiences with F11 views from filmviewer replay.  I find that the Pan  / Snap / Instant / Padlock buttons sometimes deal unexpected but desired effects.  I wondered if that is in play with the bug......  anyway, pardon the clueless intrusion if there is no connection....

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
I have also failed to see my programmed AH3 views while using the TrackIR in this release.

No progress without a few blisters.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 11:26:01 AM »
While you're looking into it, any chance you'd consider making it so in 6DOF mode it will also inherit the HPS file settings depending on which view button you hit?  Would be kind of nice for 6 view in some planes, can't really see a downside to it.

Just a thought.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 11:37:05 AM »
Or, just make the inheritance of the saved 6 view a global function to TR for all TR axis modes. After all we don't have rear view mirrors in planes that were the only way to see a 6 view of any kind. That would still leave the D11, Hurri, F4f4\FM2, F6 and C.202\5 out in the cold.

Unless with AH3, everyone will now have powerful enough systems in general that a rear view mirror view will not be an aid to those with deep pockets and an FPS killer to WalMart specials.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:11 PM »
   I am also having the same issue with TrackIR as buster and Ratsy. The  left and right rear view and the 6 view do not match my  saved views.  Obviously makes looking rearward an issue in the beta.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »
Using pitch, yaw and X,  I did not have a problem as Bustr described in his 2 axis test  with TrackIR in the current Beta version.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »
Did you do a full download for this version or an online update?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 12:28:23 PM »
Has the two axis mode been fixed? I want to come back in and try it, but I'd rather not have to use a hat switch after spending so much time training my weak brain to learn the TrackIR.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »

I just tested Track IR n the Beta with 2 axis mode and it does not work like it does in AH2.  When using tir with yaw, pitch and x axis mode I am able to look back and around the headrest in the beta. However this is a bit  of an annoyance with the  added body motion.

Could someone else check this out in a Ki 43 and let me know if they have similar results?  In the Ki 43 the headrest is huge with tir enabled. When tir is off the saved  views are fine, just like in AH2.

I am very familiar with all settings with tir and all settings in the game. I have tinkered with them all.

Please HiTech, enable 2 axis mode in AH 3 like in the current game.

I share your concern Delerium.          :)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 09:26:19 PM »
I am very familiar with all settings with tir and all settings in the game. I have tinkered with them all.

Perhaps no one can help you, then.  However, this worked for me, with the same problem:

First, enable the default Aces High II title in the TrackIR program by clicking on it.

Then, in AH3, go Options -> Preferences -> View Options, check the "TrackIR Object Relative Move" box, and apply it.

Has worked great for me ever since.

- oldman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »
Just got mine back (TIR5), so I hope these issues are addressed. I think the only issue I have is mounting the camera half way up a 40" monitor without it blocking the view.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 01:40:01 AM »
I have not noticed any issues.

Sound directions seem to be very good with Tr
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario