Author Topic: Offline arena, Crater MA, Staged Mission, 1 v 1  (Read 216 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Offline arena, Crater MA, Staged Mission, 1 v 1
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
I was trying the offline staged mission in Crater, looking to sharpen my shooting skills.

When I selected the 1 v 1, the enemy icon would appear at 12 o'clock right at the spawn and then...poof...disappear never to be seen again.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug?

Also, I'm curious as to why it's only the P-51 vs the Ki.  Seems like with a drop down menu there could be more choices.

Thanks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Offline arena, Crater MA, Staged Mission, 1 v 1
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 01:19:37 PM »
I think the AI pilot bails... not sure but you can check by setting the arena settings for icon range to its largest limit and see if what I am saying is so.

1 vs 1 is supposedly two online pilots against each other, I don't know that there IS a 1 v 1 AI setting, at the very least, the one that you are running isn't.  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:21:11 PM by Chilli »

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 02:57:20 PM »
Toad,
There are several Beta staged missions that will put you up against AI pilots.  See the attached list.  I can only vouch for the ones I put up which do have AI pilots that you can play against.  Note you can also shoot down the friendly AI.  I have the 1v1 mission listed as not working offline because I also had no luck getting it to run offline.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »
Again, I really don't think the 1 v 1 "arena" mission contains AI.  I believe that it spawns in and then simply falls to the deck without any player control input.

Plenty of missions that would allow you to eventually have 1 on 1 engagements, but the 1 v 1 arena is a HOOT!  Don't change it ... other than maybe expanding the plane sets.