Author Topic: Worried  (Read 3032 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Worried
« on: April 21, 2016, 01:55:55 AM »
Well worried may be an overstatement, but definitely bother some. I hate hearing guys saying that ah3 WILL FORCE THEM OFF THE GAME! This game is worse than crack, so hope the addiction will keep them here! What is a minimum frame per second and still have a lot of graphics running? I have no problem with FPS bellow 29. So maybe information about fps and the beta for AH3? I know higher fps is the goal but maybe reassurance of unhindered graphics settings still acceptable. I am hoping these comments are due to the fact that most don't like change. I know for a fact that I am glad I didn't know about this game when I was working and internet was pay per minute! That would have been bad, lol Job loss and child neglect aren't good! While I have no idea as to how to get folk to at least try with low PFS and lower then 59FPS isn't a hindrance, I am hopeful they will come around. I know there were a lot of posts screaming for graphics upgrades and now that it is happening' same folk  whine about the less than 59 FPS.So hoping they are just change challenged!

"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline olly1

• Zinc Member
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:59:04 AM »
same thing happen when aces high became aces high 2 people moan no matter what.But i bet the 1st thing people do when getting a new is check to see AH3 will run on new rig

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:50:07 AM »
This is a constant consideration of all new games. It's the which came first, the chicken or the egg thing. Does hardware improvement drive software, or vice versa? If one wants games to improve, hardware must improve also. When I buy computer hardware, a primary concern is always "how long will this piece of hardware continue to be useful?" Four or five year old hardware is really reaching the end of it's useful life, in regards to new software, and people should understand that, at some point, upgrading is not optional, but mandatory.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:10:08 AM »
Considering that the GTX 750Ti is only about $119, requires very little power and no power connection at all, anyone with these concerns has not committed to researching what it would take to get ready for the new version.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
As for Copprhed's concern about "how long...", based on history I'd say if the hardware is good enough to run AH3 when it gets its initial launch, it will continue being useful until AH4.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:43:59 AM »
This is a constant consideration of all new games. It's the which came first, the chicken or the egg thing. Does hardware improvement drive software, or vice versa? If one wants games to improve, hardware must improve also. When I buy computer hardware, a primary concern is always "how long will this piece of hardware continue to be useful?" Four or five year old hardware is really reaching the end of it's useful life, in regards to new software, and people should understand that, at some point, upgrading is not optional, but mandatory.

My AH2 gear is from 2007. A new GTX970 and some GB of RAM which I added recently get me easy another 3 to 5 years at steady 60 fps with recording AH film and shadowplay running.
And I do play other games as well with full grafix.
To be honest, I fear that the most of the oldtimers end up downgrading grafix in order to achieve strategic or view enhancements. Like gv cracks do these days, lower your grafix and have less trees hence see enemy earlier. I just hope all the effort put into this will not be in vane. The grafix are my secondary concern, gameplay innovation has my priority.

Just my 2 cents....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:42:33 AM »
I don't see any online complaining about AH2 graphics, so I suspect most current players would be happy with an "AH2 switch" that would provide an AH2 level of graphics and frame rate in AH3 with the player's current hardware.  It seems that the Beta graphic settings get close to this.  The closer it gets, the less pain there will be when AH3 goes live.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:44:15 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:38:52 AM »
People will leave them game for sure who are using a PC with hardware dating back to 2009 or earlier. When new games come out, or they are upgraded, you just have to ask one question. "Is it worth it to me to make a investment to play this game I love, and are there any other games that you would play that would warrant a PC upgrade?" For me the answer was YES and YES. I upgraded to a GTX 970 4g video card, and last year I upgraded my CPU and Memory. I play other games such as Rainbow Six Seige, ARMA 3, NBA 2016, and in all games I get 60+ FPS. My investment to play these games for a few years was $500.00.

For those that are whining of leaving angry, do you ever spend money on other hobbies? If you do not have the money, you can always look on craigslist to get very good hardware for your PC that may be used by cost you a lot less.

<S>
HamrDown

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »
People will leave them game for sure who are using a PC with hardware dating back to 2009 or earlier. ---

I'm curious about where you took that date. You are probably aware that HiTech is developing AH3 with a computer whose motherboard chipset dates from 2007, processor from early 2008 and video card from 2012, neither of which have been the flagships of their era? I don't believe he's going to leave...

I share your opinion about craigslist and such, there's a lot of those who could beef up their current computer to that level by making a nominal investment.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:25:58 PM by Bizman »
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 12:00:16 PM »
It's the which came first, the chicken or the egg thing.

The Egg, reptile were laying eggs millions of years before the chicken  :neener:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 12:26:06 PM »
I'm curious about where you took that date. Are you aware that HiTech is developing AH3 with a computer whose motherboard chipset dates from 2007, processor from early 2008 and video card from 2012, neither of which have been the flagships of their era? I don't believe he's going to leave...

With a number set of 2007-2012, 2009 seems like a decent median.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »
Ahh, arithmetics. Of course. Should have thought of that.

Kotisivuni

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »
Some players, it is the time investment in the download of a 1.xx Gbyte file that is keeping them from testing their current PC configuration in the beta.

If the beta is about to be ported to DX11, that is the swan song for any XP users still playing AH2.xx. It also means a new minimum graphics card requirement. I suspect all together the minimum PC will look something like the following.

CPU - Core Duo or equivalent.
RAM - 8G
GPU - Geforce 500 series or AMD 5000 series.

Both graphics card series support DX11 but, the cards from those series may still have players considering other options if the FPS is below 40-50.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
lots of players online repeating rumors that 1/2 their squad's computer wont be able to play ah3.  all bs.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »
Some players, it is the time investment in the download of a 1.xx Gbyte file that is keeping them from testing their current PC configuration in the beta.

If the beta is about to be ported to DX11, that is the swan song for any XP users still playing AH2.xx. It also means a new minimum graphics card requirement. I suspect all together the minimum PC will look something like the following.

CPU - Core Duo or equivalent.
RAM - 8G
GPU - Geforce 500 series or AMD 5000 series.

Both graphics card series support DX11 but, the cards from those series may still have players considering other options if the FPS is below 40-50.

As for the GPU, preferably Geforce #50 or higher from 500 series and up, or Radeon HD #750 or higher from 5000 series and up. The three digit Radeon cards are yet another issue.

Kotisivuni