Author Topic: Worried  (Read 3114 times)

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
Re: Worried
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 12:54:22 AM »
I love the game but here in UK I'll be lucky if there arte ever more than 3 people playing the damn thing. Why is nobody playing? I actually have the same problem in AHII. Axis Vs Allies is where I want to play but there's never anyone there.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 01:11:23 AM »
lots of players online repeating rumors that 1/2 their squad's computer wont be able to play ah3.  all bs.

semp
Exactly!! Its a bit better worded but that's what I was getting at. I have great game play in the BETA. Looking for information about not getting perfect FPS. It still works great for me with less than 59 FPS. I have even heard the "it will melt my card" or it gets hot. This is a graphics card driven engine,well if I am understanding it correctly. We need to let it be known that close really is pretty dang good!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 01:12:16 AM »
I love the game but here in UK I'll be lucky if there arte ever more than 3 people playing the damn thing. Why is nobody playing? I actually have the same problem in AHII. Axis Vs Allies is where I want to play but there's never anyone there.

Off peak hours are very quiet this year.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 01:17:38 AM »
Every aspect of Aces High 3 just eats the competition whole. AH3 really is the better game. Every aspect has improved and there are new forms of gameplay than ever before. Will the numbers rebuild? I don't know, but I suspect it is not the game that has caused numbers to decline. The world economy sucks right now, so be happy with what we have and work on making things better. All you can do.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2016, 01:27:25 AM »
And I play in AH which is important to the success of AH
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2016, 03:05:40 AM »
I have a Dell computer that is over a year old and cost about $500 new (an i5-2400 CPU) and a GeForce GTX 750 Ti (which is currently about a $130 graphics card).

That is *not* a high-end system.  It is a low-end system.

No, it's not a low end system. It's a serious midrange gamer.

Computers like this shouldn't carry the attribute "gamer" not to mention "gamer ultra": http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229362. People who don't know about computers will buy them believing they could play games like AH3 and then they whine in disappointment because of their one digit frame rates. 

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2016, 02:32:48 PM »
Computers like this shouldn't carry the attribute "gamer" not to mention "gamer ultra": http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229362.

:bhead
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 02:38:02 PM »

At relatively low player numbers overall, players tend to congregate even more in the arena where it is most likely to find other players. The old "when nobody is there, nobody goes there" problem.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2016, 02:41:27 PM »
I have a Dell computer that is over a year old and cost about $500 new (an i5-2400 CPU) and a GeForce GTX 750 Ti (which is currently about a $130 graphics card).

That is *not* a high-end system.  It is a low-end system.

With my graphics card (D 6850) having died recently, I'm actually trying to *upgrade* to something like a 750 TI. And I still have an I3 2120. *This* is more like being a low end system these days (with actually quite a number of gamers having still worse setups).

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2016, 05:22:38 PM »
With my graphics card (D 6850) having died recently, I'm actually trying to *upgrade* to something like a 750 TI. And I still have an I3 2120. *This* is more like being a low end system these days (with actually quite a number of gamers having still worse setups).

Actually, I was wrong -- the current price of a 750 Ti card is $105 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500349&cm_re=750_ti-_-14-500-349-_-Product ).  So my whole system right now is about $500, graphics card included.

For $105, my guess is that your system will do fine on AH3.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 01:06:47 PM »
I second that. The i3-2120 is better than my E8500 and I don't plan upgrading. Also the 750 Ti is better than my HD 6970 so you should have no major issues playing AH3 with that combination. A good buy for €106 or so.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline donnieboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
Wanna talk low end...

Athlon II @ 1.8 Ghz w/ 1GB system RAM and a 1GB Raedon GPU. Still getting 60fps in AHII. Less than 10 in AHIII.

I got my $$ worth so I'm due an upgrade. It's all good.

My new rig ships today :banana:  :airplane::banana: :airplane: :banana: