Author Topic: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 19391 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 17 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
Back in the alpha when the new port object was introduced and we tested it until maybe into the alpha60's, the LVT could not get up onto a beach. Then Hitech fixed it and it climbed the beach like a champ. So that bug is back.

We should probably start searching the old alpha forum and the open beta forum from time to time when we think we have found a new bug. Periodically a patch is released that reintroduces an old problem.

Or, I wonder if Hitech has a master combined sheet of all the change.txt he could post from time to time so we can compare against it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »
I don't know if it is intentional or a bug, but I think it is a very good representation of how the LVT deals with the loose sand as it climbs up the shoreline. The tracks can't find solid footing, because there isn't any. As it climbs high along the rise of the beach the propeller looses influence because the tracks are meeting with resistance, but still can't find anything solid enough to pull the LVT along. Did hitech answer up on that?

Adding an additional sound profile would help if this is true....  With the amount of bad weather driving I have done this past winter I can certainly attest to the annoying "you have lost traction" sounds from engine and surface friction.  Add the sound of the propeller versus track slippage and I believe you enhanced the driving experience and reduced the confusion.  The great thing is that with the new sound system, it is possible to do so.  This might also help in the transition between wave sound when emerging from water into the ground / track sound on shore.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2016, 01:50:09 PM »
interesting the conversation, I think FLS said it in another thread, "fictitious answers to fictitious problems".  On the other hand maybe HTC likes the perspective, and more likely, you guys enjoy being pseudo amateur code fixers.  :ahand

carry on.

:bolt:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »
Nat,

The LVT not getting up onto the beach was a long ago closed alpha bug that Hitech had other things he was working on more important than it. Then one alpha patch he cleaned up a bunch of minor things including the LVT bug. Now it is back for some reason.

Or were you referencing other observations by players who have been involved with finding bugs in some cases as long or longer than FLS. Have you found any bugs to help Hitech go live with AH3?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
The return of the toxic trolls is inevitable as the beta approaches completion, and this is how it starts (in non-helpful comments).

Along this same train-of-thought I have noticed a disturbing trend in the beta arena where people think they are helping the beta testing by disrupting people that are really testing the bugs. So, it might as well be a live arena already.

@hitech: the 88mm puffy AAA is shooting tanks behind hills. I have not noticed any damage being taken, but how are those guns even aiming at something they have never seen?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »

@hitech: the 88mm puffy AAA is shooting tanks behind hills. I have not noticed any damage being taken, but how are those guns even aiming at something they have never seen?

It always has.

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
Yes, I had seen this in AHII, but not from main fields and instead just the factories.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2016, 05:54:55 PM »
Two cents....  it is a live arena .... isn't it   :confused:  Not that anyone is racing to win the war....  although it does seem that way sometimes.  Most of the bugs that I have seen have been found doing things that I enjoy .... but if interrupted by player interaction.... GAME ON.  :devil  So much for my attention span.

With the new Fmod sound system, developing sound profiles, is not writing coad, and most likely encouraged by game designers to offer different interpretations.  Actually, one of the biggest surprises in this version is the addition to the "feel" of AH3 due to the 3d sounds.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2016, 06:05:43 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:05:49 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
With the new Fmod sound system, developing sound profiles, is not writing coad, and most likely encouraged by game designers to offer different interpretations.  Actually, one of the biggest surprises in this version is the addition to the "feel" of AH3 due to the 3d sounds.

ding ding ding!  I moved this activity offline. I still don't want to do too much for fear something will change and all that work lost, so for now I'm doing training videos and so on. Still, I don't want to forget the process, which in my old age I am prone to do when I stop working with things.

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2016, 09:02:02 PM »
Sorry don't know what a psave is. Was just trying to help with things I see to help out with getting game ready. Attached is a video of rook fuel factory.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:01 AM »
Got the 'dodge this!' achievement (shooting down a plane by killing the pilot) When puffy ack killed my pilot (me). Shouldn't that achievement go to the imaginary crew of the auto ack that got me?
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »
Took brief flights in several plans today and noticed the following:
JU87 D-3 Engine sounds cut in and out but its clear from the way the plane handles that it is powered.
Lancs Engine sound diminishes significantly when WEP is engaged
Fw 190D and Fw 190F-8 There is no ball in the slip and bank indicator

Can anyone get B29s in the air off the runway? I tried several times and even with WEP they run out onto the grass and into the trees
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL