Author Topic: Timeframe to AH3 completion and no more AH2?  (Read 3316 times)

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
Timeframe to AH3 completion and no more AH2?
« on: April 27, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »
Many, like me are looking forward to the final version that would be an update to AH2 and then see AH2 no more. I, like many are spending more time in the Beta than in AH2 simply to get better acquainted with the changes to the game and it is really hard to have tasted what is to be and go back to the old.

The sounds are nice,and sure there will be updates, and seems to me that the planes have been modeled a little better; the P51 seems to fly like it really did, and guns are beefed up to what they should be. Is there a list of planes that have been changed and what was changed in AH3 vs AH2?

How far off are we until AH3 is final?

<S>
HamrDown

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Timeframe to AH3 completion and no more AH2?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »
HTC has (almost) never answered 'when' questions.  :noid
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »
Your asking them to show you the one ring to rule them all....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 07:41:36 PM »

:rofl :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:56:56 AM »

I thought that was the "Dot O Death" which few have ever mastered to rule them all....... :noid
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 12:05:01 PM »
HamrDown,
AH3 is basically in layman's terms.... a graphics engine update

The flight model of the entire plane set has not changed a single bit....

Hope this helps

TC. ( I'm on holiday, will be back soon )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »
I wonder if some number of people testing the beta forgot to turn of stall limiter......I had to go check just now..... :rofl
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 12:27:04 PM »
Yeah, about that flight model thing. . . the planes sure seem to slow down for landing better. Maybe I've adjusted over the years, but that's my perception.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
I wonder if some number of people testing the beta forgot to turn of stall limiter......I had to go check just now..... :rofl

Probably more than a few. I'm one of them. It's so long since I turned that off in AH2 that I had forgotten it.  :o
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
I thinks it's actually the sound that makes everyone feel the flight model had changed...to include myself. If stall limiter was on I would have noticed in a few seconds of a fight that .y plane was not performing.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
Huh? Is the stall limiter on by default? Doesn't it go off by transferring the settings from AH2?  :huh
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 02:58:11 PM »
Thanks for making me look. I had left tracers on and I hate that, so . . . appreciate the little reminders. Hehe

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 08:33:18 AM »
Yeah, about that flight model thing. . . the planes sure seem to slow down for landing better. Maybe I've adjusted over the years, but that's my perception.

Challenge, do you consider that it could be seeming like that because of the atmospheric conditions?

I mean, the tall grass blades on the ground are blowing in the wind it appears

Hmm......edit: I have not bothered to check yet, if the grass is actually being blown by the wind or if it is simply animated graphics...

TC (me holiday is bout over)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:38:20 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »
Is it real wind in game or simulated?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:42 AM »
Is it real wind in game or simulated?

Zack, all atmospheric conditions in the game are simulated, the game is a flight sim, heh...

TC