Author Topic: Few thoughts  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Few thoughts
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
I think having pilots view auto set to instruments or head slightly down is a huge mistake. Me and many other guys just found out that with HOME key you can have similar view to ah2. It makes instruments foggy and game play just weird. also Me and some others keep getting whole flight system lockups. not even keyboard works.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Few thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:22:14 PM »
I think having pilots view auto set to instruments or head slightly down is a huge mistake. Me and many other guys just found out that with HOME key you can have similar view to ah2. It makes instruments foggy and game play just weird. also Me and some others keep getting whole flight system lockups. not even keyboard works.

The Home Key info has been posted for some time, you should have looked more. As to the lockups, while I can't speak for Hitech, you sure aren't providing any thing to work with and certainly nothing to troubleshoot with. " Me and some others keep getting whole flight system lockups. not even keyboard works" sounds like you just don't like AH3. :noid
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:49:37 AM »
Peanut,

This is the beta where we are looking for bugs to report to Hitech. It is not in the final form for go live day. If you are having an issue with your HOTAS setup, please post a dxdiag and as clear a description as you can of the issue.

The change in the default pilot view is for the potential customers who have no joystick but still want to check out the game. The default mode for flight is a tank commander style mouse control. Unplug your joystick\throttle\peddles and fire up the game. You will see a green ring in the center of the default pilot view when you spawn on the runway. That is the default mouse control. The angled down view is due to the default FOV being 80 which cuts off the view of the primary instruments. I suspect since we are bug testing pre go live, a body of instructions for the first time player has not been incorporated into the product for the neophyte air simmer.

Hitech is trying to make the first experience of the new gamer with no flight simm experience as inviting as possible to help them want to invest the time and money being part of our community. All of us old hands, "you included", will know who to ask or how to tweek AH3 because the views and controller setups are the same as AH2.

Telling the boss you and some un-named shadow group don't like things will not get this product out the door. We need your help, so please post up exactly what is happening to your HOTAS.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:18:34 AM »
The Home Key info has been posted for some time, you should have looked more. As to the lockups, while I can't speak for Hitech, you sure aren't providing any thing to work with and certainly nothing to troubleshoot with. " Me and some others keep getting whole flight system lockups. not even keyboard works" sounds like you just don't like AH3. :noid
no I love it. These are just some annoying things that I and some others are noticing.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »
the lockups are not pc related  They are a game issue.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 11:49:14 AM »
Peanut,

This is the beta where we are looking for bugs to report to Hitech. It is not in the final form for go live day. If you are having an issue with your HOTAS setup, please post a dxdiag and as clear a description as you can of the issue.

The change in the default pilot view is for the potential customers who have no joystick but still want to check out the game. The default mode for flight is a tank commander style mouse control. Unplug your joystick\throttle\peddles and fire up the game. You will see a green ring in the center of the default pilot view when you spawn on the runway. That is the default mouse control. The angled down view is due to the default FOV being 80 which cuts off the view of the primary instruments. I suspect since we are bug testing pre go live, a body of instructions for the first time player has not been incorporated into the product for the neophyte air simmer.

Hitech is trying to make the first experience of the new gamer with no flight simm experience as inviting as possible to help them want to invest the time and money being part of our community. All of us old hands, "you included", will know who to ask or how to tweek AH3 because the views and controller setups are the same as AH2.

Telling the boss you and some un-named shadow group don't like things will not get this product out the door. We need your help, so please post up exactly what is happening to your HOTAS.
I fully understand what you are saying. However, my thoughts were not complaints they were things I'm noticing. If I didn't find someone who knew about the home key and I was new to ah, I would not have stuck around.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »

If more than one of you is experiencing this system lockup which the keyboard is the canary, and it is chronic, it is a bug. Next step is to document it in here.

In your own parlance, you are one of a group of "other guys" who has already told Hitech you don't like his default view designed to aid the new possible paying customer who checks out the game with only a mouse. This has gone on since he had us first test it during the alpha. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »
Peanut, you may be experiencing the "blackout free-G lock up"? Some have mentioned that the Total blackout effect of Gs in AH2 comes with no blackout in Beta. You still see everything but have zero control for a period of time. Could that be it?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 02:09:48 PM »
Hoping in last night for the first time Sunny1 (may be the same person as OP) reported the "lock up" issue whilst we were fighting... It seemed to occur during heavy G loading.

If the visual blackout effect is not yet active this would make sense with what the pilot reported and experienced. Controls seemed to come back after what would be an expected amount of black out recovery time...

Has this been confirmed?
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 03:24:02 PM »
DubiousK,

I have had the same.  So has HiTech.  I have seen blackouts (so they are active at least in some planes, that is known), and the lock ups do not occur only at high G loads.  Today was the worst it had been in a while.  Only thing different, was a power failure computer shut down and restart.  I had to reconfigure some computer settings and will go back and test again.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
Just tested a P38J and got both red and black outs.  If someone can reliably reproduce the lack of a black out, a film might be helpful.  Details of the occasion would be helpful as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:45 PM »
I induced it once offline using too much rudder at speed. I thought it was the move rapidly controller function kicking in and Hitech had forgotten to enable the message.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 04:42:27 PM »
Seems the don't move controls too rapidly is disabled or I'm not twitchy enough to trigger it. I really beat the heck out every ride I tested to trigger it especially with the FW's doing that famous FW rolly wiggle while pumping redouts at each end.

I've got a head ach from inducing blackouts and redouts in rides including the 262, 38, and A20. I even placed each of the rides into the situation that I triggered the loss of control input. No joy and I think that was beta16 when it happened. When it took place it was like my USB plugs had been pulled. Then control returned in about 60 sec. I couldn't pull up the clipboard with the keyboard either during that time. Enough guys had reported something similar so I left it to their reports.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 04:57:13 PM »
There is plenty to learn in the game, maybe a desirable view should just be default?

By desirable, i mean not in the position some of us get after 8 or 24 beers.

(Also when using free mouse control, when opening the chat buffer, it puts you in "mouse commander" mode.  Also kind of bothersome.)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 05:24:54 PM »
Peanut, you may be experiencing the "blackout free-G lock up"? Some have mentioned that the Total blackout effect of Gs in AH2 comes with no blackout in Beta. You still see everything but have zero control for a period of time. Could that be it?
could very well be it!