Author Topic: Beta 19 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 19 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 01:21:50 AM »
I can't imagine what changed from this afternoon to now, but I didn't crash offline or online.

:joystick:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 01:46:45 AM »
Just tried Beta 19 - Good! Much improved! However, I noticed a couple of issues at least on my system. 1) Star Burst makes sun look like an Xmas tree ornament, so I had to disable.  2) Graphic settings option "Reflections" had no effect on frame rate like before, but badly distorts ground objects and causes some flicker (could be the way it's supposed to look, if so then it's probably is OK). 3) Native POV setting of 80 is much to close (I use 112, but that's just me, If you like your face on the wind screen, it's OK with me). 4) When on-line, I couldn't end the sortie from the clip board, so I had to disconnect. 5) On the plus side, the green haze is gone and colors are much less saturated, at least this is the way it appeared, it's starting to look more like aces high II and this is a good thing!!!  Also, tracers seem to be much more pronounced which is OK too!

Just my comments.   

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 08:44:01 AM »
Windows 7 Pro x64 - Star bursts are oversize.

1st time running game after patch the mouse cursor didn't sync as if game and desktop weren't same resolution but they were both set to 1080p. Maximizing opening screen fixed the mouse issue to let me access game menu with the mouse. This issue didn't recur after 1st time.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 10:38:46 AM »
Launched successfully.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »
Much better frame rates than 17 using graphics settings I used before. Also noticed starburst effect. Tracers from auto guns looked like yellow Xs. When shelling town buildings saw multicolored translucent red, blue, and green blossoms surrounding usual explosion graphic. I'm pleased that I can now turn on some graphics settings I could not before and keep frame rates at 50 or better.  :aok
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
BETA 19 - Graphics Stutter
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 01:51:44 PM »
I reinstalled the AH3 beta; newest version last night. I launched the game, made some adjustments to the graphics to set them the same as I had, but when taking off and panning around, I am noticing a slight stutter in all views, but frame rates are maxed at 60fps. I then moved the settings that Skuzzy said were OK to transfer from a the settings folder that I had saved from the prior beta release. I launched the game again, and still have the same stutter. I tried to lower the graphics settings sliders and turned of clutter in flight, turned off shadows, and still have this stutter. I even set the EM to full and still get 60fps, but this subtle stutter is still there. I had no issues in the prior beta release. I have attached a Dxdiag report.

Thanks for any help in advance.

<S>
HamrDown

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »
Today....Back to instant crash when choosing online arena, and instant crash with off line arena. Worked fine last night, I don't get it?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 07:08:15 PM »
Today....Back to instant crash when choosing online arena, and instant crash with off line arena. Worked fine last night, I don't get it?

Have you posted a DXdiag already?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
Yup but will re post
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 08:14:18 PM »
I would disable the Realtek audio in your BIOS and disable the Nvidia audio device in Device manager, but it also looks like the onboard video is still activated also.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 08:37:50 PM »
On board video? I am not very PC. If you know what I mean. As far as sound goes, I just pluged in headset and ran with it. Don't have any programs as to sound and video except what came with computer, so not sure exactly.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »
I hesitate to go any further then, because going into the BIOS can create situations that could make the system unbootable. It's a trivial matter really, but I don't want to be that guy.

I'll see if I can find a video on it for you.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 10:13:01 PM »
The sun is an asterisk.

Shadows start fluttering after awhile.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 11:23:01 PM »
Figured out my crash problem, I think. I had been using Sweetfx to get the colors the way I wanted them. Seems it was interfering with latest update. I am having the same problems most have reported...Sun is a big bubble asterix and cant exit through the clip board.I am hoping sweetfx will work again later on, I just cant get anything that looks half that good without it. No deal breaker though, don't play to sight see anyway! :x

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 06:40:18 AM »
Update ok, no issues launching.

At takeoff, there's smoke in the cabin. Doesn't show on video.
The shadows of the clouds flicker, see video.
Glares show as asterisks, see image.
ALT-S doesn't create screenshots, used print screen for this one.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni