Author Topic: Beta 19 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 9319 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Beta 19 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2016, 01:46:34 AM »
Probably something to do with the old engine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2016, 09:11:42 AM »
It doesn't with AH2 also I can increase the size of the shadow texture to 4kx4k

Ah2 and ah3 have nothing in common when it comes to graphics.

HiTech

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »
I have the same jagged, crawling, flickering shadows and I have an AMD Radeon HD7870, so I don't think it's just an Nvidia problem.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2016, 02:03:32 PM »
I have the same jagged, crawling, flickering shadows and I have an AMD Radeon HD7870, so I don't think it's just an Nvidia problem.

Good information.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2016, 02:55:40 PM »
Shadows are simply a programming issue, nothing to do with vid cards.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2016, 12:08:00 AM »
Tumbling GVs

I'm still seeing GVs tumbling forever if they go down a steep slope and lose control. I'd expect to stop tumbling when I hit the bottom of the slope but that isn't what's happening. As far as I can tell in my off-line testing, I'm not falling through the terrain, but I don't really know.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2016, 07:49:10 AM »
Shadows are simply a programming issue, nothing to do with vid cards.

HiTech

Interesting that there is so much about the 900 series online in so many popular games.

Will be great when the issue is fixed in AH III in that case. Video and pictures look bad at this point because of it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »
The moon is too big.   Sun and moon should be the same visual size (about 1/2 degree).

Very important.  Should probably be at the top of the to-do list.    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2016, 08:25:19 AM »
The moon is too big.   Sun and moon should be the same visual size (about 1/2 degree).

Very important.  Should probably be at the top of the to-do list.    :D

It's a feature.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2016, 11:34:04 AM »
Joystick (X52) seems to lock up at times when it is being used / stressed, such as maneuvering in dogfights with High Energy.  It behaves the same as the "lock up" associated with the "don't move your joystick so rapidly" message, but in these reported cases, there was no rapid movement or text message.  The next closest comparison would be the compression model, although it occurs way below the speed of any previous compressed activity.

I hope this is additional information that is helpful, and I am just a bit curious if it has "officially" made it to a bug list.  (Just curious, please forgive if it even slightly hints of sounding impatient).

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2016, 01:55:56 AM »
I have an nVidia GTX 970 FTW and get the same flickering shadows. This I do not believe is game related. If you check on the net you will find it is an issue with the 900 series nVidia drivers or hardware. It happens in all games.
My card is an Nvidia 750 gt something or other, and I too get the shimmer. Almost like looking into a heat wave, mirage type situation. It is common especially in long distance shooting. Maybe a field of view cause? When I shortened my POV, not from default, but to 90 from 106, it seemed to lessen the shimmer.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2016, 09:26:57 AM »
I've finally got a chance to try this online and find other people, timing is everything I guess.
A few carriers were sunk and the radar burning seems to still be visible. Occasionally, I guess when sun at right/wrong angle the flight times displayed at bottom of hanger can't be seen.
Clouds really gave me a frame rate hit down to 11, I'm usually around 40s or so from what I've noticed.
[ I probably need to add my dxdiag next to my Cadillac cars and TVs ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2016, 12:03:15 PM »
Beta 20 will probably be more or less kinder to us in baby steps just like almost every patch since alpha 1. It's just all those building blocks and toys Hitech strews on the floor for us to test that makes us stumble. And it give us something to do......... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »
Tried down loading latest patch can't get beyond this.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »
Water, bridge and screenshot issues

I'm unable to capture any screen shots of bridges. Only the shadow of my custom bridge show, while bridge0a is totally invisible. While on the custom bridge, above the water's edge, my Jeep didn't show in the Print Screen image.
EDIT: It turns out that it depends on the angle the screen shot is taken. 90 degrees off the line of the bridge and no joy on either bridge but taken off the end of the bridge, the Print Screen function worked.

When I placed bridge0a, set with collisions on, a GV passes through the approach ramp without climbing it.

When I placed my custom bridge over the water, my Jeep climbed the ramp but the moment I come to the water's edge, my Jeep is blocked some 10 or 20 ft above the water's edge.

EDIT2: A suggestion. How about if Vehicles only get stopped if some point on the object drops below zero elevation.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 04:12:04 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001