Author Topic: Beta 19 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 9419 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 19 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2016, 08:40:34 PM »
How did you "Shut it down"?

HiTech

I went through CM Tools > Shutdown Arena, the same way I always have.

I tried to set up another one to duplicate it again but it still says I have an arena running. When you look, you'll see that there are no custom arena running atm.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
While trying to negotiate the path from the VH to the map room with a wirble at a small V base (V148) I hit the corner of one of the buildings and was completely stuck. Couldn't back away. Wasn't tipped at all.

256531,2609,231371,-0.1,0.2,-146.9
craterma
FOV = 73.4
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2016, 01:26:30 PM »
CraterMA

Tested the small VH pad ramp with an M8 and Jeep. Just after leaving the ramp onto the flat grass both vehicles bounce up about 10ft. The jeep nose dives into the ground before the bounce to the level of the hood. After the bounce if the jeep hits a wall, gets stuck there with controller inputs disabled. Towering is the only solution.

V139 has trees in the buildings and the map room. If this setup was cloned for the other two bases on the top of the caldera rim, then it is happening with all three small VH at the top of the caldera.

I kept trying to hit trees and buildings at other Vbases that would cause my M8 to stick, no joy as of yet.

Update on ramp, no vehicle is immune to the 10ft bounce, and a got a tiger2 stuck against the building it bounced against.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:28:44 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
ok at 150 greebo map I was stuck on building to right of ramp bustr can verify it could not back off or go forward also guns would not fire when pointing at building
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:33:25 PM by allcrapp »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »
CraterMA

Yes allcrap was stuck in the corner of a building. I drove up to him in an M8 to try and duplicate it against the wall next to him.

I tested this for awhile in an M8 at 150 which is a small VH with the ramp pad. I bashed into the low long buildings trying to get stuck. After awhile the corner of a building I backed into after repeatedly bashing into the wall across the ally from it hung onto my M8. Had to tower to clear it, all controls to drive the M8 were no longer responding.

I cannot get any tree on that map to hold onto my GV so far.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
Here bustr one of a tank stuck on a tree. Sometimes if you play around moving forward an back and turning same time it will let you off but a lot of times no.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:59:23 PM by allcrapp »

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2016, 03:31:09 PM »
Here bustr one of a tank stuck on a tree. Sometimes if you play around moving forward an back and turning same time it will let you off but a lot of times no.

I have tried M-8's and big boy tanks. Same result. It won't let you get away once you are stuck in a tree's branches.

Also, I scraped against the wall leaving the spawn hangar and got stuck.
I was in a "Tiger I" at the time. Forward or backward had no effect. It is a tight turn
so you have to go slow to avoid hitting the wall.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2016, 06:08:48 PM »
Large dark areas around the Square Tile Objects. jpg!

I'm working on a desert terrain where this issue is most noticeable. Only when I Disable Detail will the dark areas around a tile blend with the underlying texture. Worse, when looking for the tile to meet the terrain in the TE, it masks bad tile corners.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »
You can see this very well at the tile boarder transition on CrateMA between the TT 4x4 object and the surrounding terrain. I had the same issue on my gunnery terrain trying to paint one of the big four tile sets with road and farm systems onto the town object and TT object at the boarder edges. Cleared it up by painting only the grass tike from the bottom tile sets.

Around every base or somewhere off spawns as I was traveling around CraterMA you can see these black areas. The clutter on top is fine, just the 2D base under the clutter is shiny black or dark grey.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2016, 11:06:48 AM »
Cannot quit after taking screen shot.  Screen shot is not saved, and have to go to task manager to quit (online or offline).
I have screen shot mapped to ALT-S.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline allcrapp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
Cannot quit after taking screen shot.  Screen shot is not saved, and have to go to task manager to quit (online or offline).
I have screen shot mapped to ALT-S.

My screen shot I took wont save either popeye Have one of an error that occurred went to check file to post an it was not there.
Also could not get lvt out of water set at beach for 10 minutes trying with no luck.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 11:31:27 AM by allcrapp »

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2016, 12:05:35 PM »
I finally get system that operates AH3 smoothly.

My major issue is flickering/pixelized (self-)shadows. If I run AH2 I can define 4096x4096 shadow texture and also smooth shadow (also not needed for 4096x4096) I can't do it there. Also the shadows and many light effects are unstable and flickering giving unpleasant feeling

The system is: GPU GTX 960 4GB, CPU i5 6600, MEM 16G
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2016, 07:06:00 PM »
I finally get system that operates AH3 smoothly.

My major issue is flickering/pixelized (self-)shadows. If I run AH2 I can define 4096x4096 shadow texture and also smooth shadow (also not needed for 4096x4096) I can't do it there. Also the shadows and many light effects are unstable and flickering giving unpleasant feeling

The system is: GPU GTX 960 4GB, CPU i5 6600, MEM 16G

I have an nVidia GTX 970 FTW and get the same flickering shadows. This I do not believe is game related. If you check on the net you will find it is an issue with the 900 series nVidia drivers or hardware. It happens in all games.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2016, 08:13:40 PM »
I have this fixed on my end, as far as I can tell. The one place I still see odd shadow effects is the flag of each base. Some people reported that it is a global illumination problem, which in AH would be post-lighting I think. With my global settings the way they are in Nvidia Control Panel the post effects don't change the shadows. I think this is a texture filtering issue, but I suggest that you leave your settings at default until the game is finalized. Then we can try to get a universal profile that will fix the issue.

I am still getting Texture Creation errors.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2016, 01:25:10 AM »
I have an nVidia GTX 970 FTW and get the same flickering shadows. This I do not believe is game related. If you check on the net you will find it is an issue with the 900 series nVidia drivers or hardware. It happens in all games.

It doesn't with AH2 also I can increase the size of the shadow texture to 4kx4k
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel