Author Topic: How to gain the advantage  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: How to gain the advantage
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2016, 06:21:11 PM »
Deleted. (Forum doubled my post.)
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »
I just viewed the video DmonSlyr posted. That is the exact move I talked about about in my first post. I love that move. I didn't know it had a name. Most of the time I roll right, though.

When performed correctly, it's one of the nastiest moves in the game. This move is the key to defensive counterpunch flying.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2016, 12:28:44 PM »
When performed correctly, it's one of the nastiest moves in the game. This move is the key to defensive counterpunch flying.

If do right, no can defend.

I am pretty good at using it to avoid the attack.  I positively suck at getting guns on the guy until he's 600-800 out.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2016, 12:38:43 PM »
If do right, no can defend.

There is a counter to this move. A lot of experienced BnZers know it because an overshoot is part of the business.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2016, 12:55:11 PM »
There is a counter to this move. A lot of experienced BnZers know it because an overshoot is part of the business.

Hehe.  There's always a counter.  That was mostly said tongue in cheek. ;)

I think it's fair to say it's one of if not the most effective ways of dealing with a BnZer though.  Depending on how refined the BRD is, the BnZer has to do the right thing or risk getting hit on the way out.

My usual counter generally involves having enough E for a rope/hammerhead or a spiral climb.  What's yours?

Wiley.

JG11

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »
^^^^

A simple lag roll!

:salute

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 02:38:31 PM »
^^^^

A simple lag roll!

:salute

LOL...  I always like to high yo under the close in circumstances, but I can see where the lag roll applies.  Another piece of the puzzle sticks into Wiley's cranium with a dull thud.  Thanks Morf!

Wiley.

JG11

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »
Hehe.  There's always a counter.  That was mostly said tongue in cheek. ;)

I think it's fair to say it's one of if not the most effective ways of dealing with a BnZer though.  Depending on how refined the BRD is, the BnZer has to do the right thing or risk getting hit on the way out.

My usual counter generally involves having enough E for a rope/hammerhead or a spiral climb.  What's yours?

Wiley.

If I am the one BnZing and I over shoot, I'll snap roll to the right or left, depending on their position, and then do an emmilman over the top/ back of them. If they follow, pull another hard emmilman to really suck out their E. Then you can easily pull a rope.

Planes that dont roll well, it's best to do more of a spiral climb for the rope. Just make sure to get over their top to make them strain harder and lose E when they pull up for you.

I wouldn't recommend doing a rope maneuver in a furball as other planes will jump on your 6. If you overshoot in that situation just fly on and really watch your high 6.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:53:24 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion