Author Topic: Trackir  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trackir
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 10:44:23 AM »
That sounds interesting, im trying to have the preset snap available to over ride ir for the larger fov for the six position.
There always seems to be someone there.  :uhoh

I wish hat head positions would be saved with all TrackIR axes enabled, just for six view in some planes.  Not sure if it's in the cards though.  I've mentioned it on the wishlist a few times.

The way I've got my profile set up, I have really aggressive curves to the sides, so when I move my head an inch or two to the right or left, my POV moves all the way to the side.  This gives me decent six view in pretty much everything except the P47D11 and the F6F.

Don't forget you can save a different default starting point by disabling trackIR with F9, pressing "up" and releasing it on your view hat, moving your POV with the arrow keys and pageup/pagedown, then hitting F10 to save.  That will be the new starting point when you reenable TrackIR.  I find it very useful in some planes like the F4U series, where I move the POV all the way up.  This gives me a superior forward and six view due to the angling of the blockages at the back.

In most planes, I have my targeting pipper as high up in the glass as I can get it, just to get the extra little bit of view over the cowling.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 12:28:11 PM »
One point to note is using "Roll".  It makes it more difficult to see a rear view.  i find little advantage to the "Roll" so I leave mine off.  I use very,very steep curves but with a speed slide setting of .3 to .4.

It works best for me to closely mimic my head speed movement to trackir.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 01:15:53 PM »
Great info!
My main isuue is avoiding the massive head rest when I look back. Also my saved instant views are not available when IR is on. Thoughts?
In the mean time I will down load the settings.

Also, I play in a rocking chair and found that does not work :banana:

All you need for a rear view is to lean sideways before using the hat rear view or turning your head. You can make the headrest smaller by leaning forward, or backward depending on your settings. Set scaling so you have good views without moving around too much.

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 08:17:29 AM »
Great info all.
I think ive finally got the rear view set well now. Id hate to miss the view of the nose of everyone fighter at my six :noid