Author Topic: Achievement System and player's image  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Achievement System and player's image
« on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:44 AM »
The current Achievement system has generated a belittled image to some AH players.  The problem is, the system favors heavily players that get to play a lot, of which I am one.  Add to that, some players choose to fly only or GV only making it impossible to get many achievements.

I know you can turn the stars off but I do not think that helps.

I have enjoyed achieving the awards but I am not sure the system has done that much good.

A big step forward would be eliminating the star placement on the Roaster and when the players name show up on the screen during a vox transmission.  Maybe just leave the stars in the Reputation.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Achievement System and player's image
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
Better idea.... leave the stars in their heads. I do not care if they show or not. They mean absolutely nothing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: Achievement System and player's image
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:30:28 PM »
Randy,

I think turning the stars off just makes them disappear from your roster when you disable them.  Then your roster is in alphabetical as apposed to being altered by how many stars and alphabetical.  Think of the achievements as fun tasks for an individual to try to conquer.  They actually push players to try new things and give you a symbolic reward of a star.  They really mean nothing to no one else but the individual who is trying to climb his own personal achievement ladder.  A lot of times, I have the stars turned off to make my roster straight alphabetical.  A player with no stars is a lot of times a newer pilot that can be asked if they need any assistance.  I commend you for thinking about the welfare of others though.

1i   
"One-Eye"