Author Topic: Perk the 88-mm  (Read 6295 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the 88-mm
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
you have no clue what instant gratification is.  your 3 page thesis proves it.  you are more into it than you care to admit.

Ah classic.  :rofl This is one of these standard 'logical' inferences I've become to expect on this forum that asserts the exact thing that you're being accused of is what the other person is doing. Isn't that called projection or something  :)  Where's your argument or logic? Can you assert your point? No, of course not. Clearly you recognize yourself in my criticism or there'd be no emotional reaction. Certianly wasn't a rational one.

Not my problem by the way that more than three sentences are more than you can handle.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2016, 04:50:48 PM »
So stop preaching Bustr, about a small faction of skilful players who are damaging the game. There’s a far bigger and more odious faction who are making DAMN SURE the game goes their way at the expense of everybody else's ideas about gameplay.

I'm observing a small number of players who have no answer to the fact that the light bill is paid by a majority who don't care about your way of playing the game, except by being snotty to the majority in the forums. But, that small number needs that majority more than that majority needs them. That minority cannot pay the light bill and keep the doors open. At least AH has no supreme court you can cry to so the majority is forced into involuntary servitude to pay the bills for your vision of game play. Or Hitech wouldn't put so many toys in the game that PO you and your minority.

You can be as snotty as you want, that majority who don't care about your game vision, don't need you to pay the light bill, and enjoy the game regardless of you. They will keep on playing the game with the 88mm and all those toys including the new AH3 ack field with 63 88mm on it. And Hitech did create an arena called the Dueling Arena, I've noticed it's become a cricket farm of late, makes one wonder how small of a minority you guys really are these days.

In AH3 I think the DA may have been evolved into an automated pickup dueling arena. You can probably get the specifics from a few of your like minded minority who have been taking part in the open alpha and open beta. See, Hitech cares about you guys too. Though I suspect paying the bills is a greater concern than your vision of game play.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
Repeating your point does not make it any more valid than the first time you said it. You're no more privvy to HTC's business model than I am. You're just filtering to support your resentful comtempt - which is magnificent by the way - for what you perceive to be those who have in some perverse way become adept at ACM with the primary purpose of griefing and exploiting what you call the majority of players.

There is no division of payment by minority or majority. That is an absurdly contrived manipulation to justify what you like to think is a morally superior position. All players are free to come and go as they please as the game suits them. As I stated earlier there is little practically the ACM faction can do to spoil the gameplay of those that do everything possible to avoid combat and risk and protect their scores or egos, whatever the case may be. The opposite is not true for your faction.

Here's where your position all falls down Bustr: Aces High is a combat simulator, not a bloody survival game. And don't try to wriggle out of that point by playing the realism card with me.

It's pretty clear both you and Semp, for example, have made no effort to read or understand what I've said about my AH activities (for example). You're just jerking to what you're used to jerking to.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 04:57:47 PM »
Ah classic.  :rofl This is one of these standard 'logical' inferences I've become to expect on this forum that asserts the exact thing that you're being accused of is what the other person is doing. Isn't that called projection or something  :)  Where's your argument or logic? Can you assert your point? No, of course not. Clearly you recognize yourself in my criticism or there'd be no emotional reaction. Certianly wasn't a rational one.

Not my problem by the way that more than three sentences are more than you can handle.

instant gratification is what you expect.  you post what you want: a certain fight fought in a certain way.  you posted about how you let airplanes go: instant gratification (you honorably let the weaker plane go).  should I go on about your countless hours spent training. you expect people to pat you in the back after you insult them?

here's your instant gratification: you are being a dick.  either play the game, stop whining or quit.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:29 PM »
instant gratification is what you expect.  you post what you want: a certain fight fought in a certain way.  you posted about how you let airplanes go: instant gratification (you honorably let the weaker plane go).  should I go on about your countless hours spent training. you expect people to pat you in the back after you insult them?

Letting damaged aircraft go is instant gratification? Countless hours training others is instant gratification? Yeah I'm not totally following you there and I suspect the reason for that is because you don't understand what you're talking about. Why do I get the feeling in the Stanford marshmallow experiment It'd be me getting two marshmallows and for some reason you only one 

Oh so you're insulted? It was true about you then, what I said AND you felt bad about it? That's interesting. No I do not expect a pat on the back. My comments were in response to unfounded and incorrect remarks about what I do in AH and what my motivations are.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2016, 06:03:46 PM »
if letting a damage leave then why come here and tell about it.  we have all done it.  not like you have a patent on it.  the attitude which you try to show off countless hours of training is instant gratification.  why tell people?

and i am not insulted.  I dont even know you.  you are just another guy here on the bb trying to show others how superior you are.  there's been thousands of them here.

semp

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2016, 06:14:17 PM »
Something tells me some folks are NOT going to like AH3 at all... :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2016, 06:21:42 PM »
Letting damaged aircraft go is instant gratification? Countless hours training others is instant gratification? Yeah I'm not totally following you there and I suspect the reason for that is because you don't understand what you're talking about. Why do I get the feeling in the Stanford marshmallow experiment It'd be me getting two marshmallows and for some reason you only one  (Image removed from quote.)

Oh so you're insulted? It was true about you then, what I said AND you felt bad about it? That's interesting. No I do not expect a pat on the back. My comments were in response to unfounded and incorrect remarks about what I do in AH and what my motivations are.

Dont bother with semp. Even when he is wrong he is right and you'll never convince him otherwise.

The rest of us get what your saying. All you want is a fight, airplane to airplane. Your not asking anyone to fight a certain way other than it being in an airplane. You help train others so that there will be more players in airplanes and so better odds of finding a fight.

Hiding in an 88 or other ground gun isn't fighting. You have even less to lose in a gun than you do even in planes and you really can't lose much in a plane. I don't mind auto ack, the more the better because it will help cut down on the vulching and easy kills. Manned guns on the other hand..... nawww let them get in a plane even a vehicle and fight it out.

We also understand that during the times you fly, if 3 guys are hiding in guns it COULD be 10% of the players on line.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
88 is part of the game same as gv's.  I dont specially like people in them.  but I dont lose sleep over them.  been killed many times by 88's.  I dont come here whining that people shoudnt be in them anymore than seeing people in 262's and perked planes.  or a20's and countless other planes that can out turn my pony.

semp

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2016, 07:06:58 PM »
why tell people?

Been doing all those things for six years, first time I've mentioned it. The reason is to correct you Semp. I've now made that clear twice. Do not comment on my attitude. You can't even be arsed to read my posts.

The rest of us get what your saying. All you want is a fight, airplane to airplane. Your not asking anyone to fight a certain way other than it being in an airplane. You help train others so that there will be more players in airplanes and so better odds of finding a fight.

YES! Bless your cotton socks Fugitive! I thought I'd accidentally fell down a rabbit hole and ended up in the 'Deranged Imagitorium of the Criminally Infexible'.

We also understand that during the times you fly, if 3 guys are hiding in guns it COULD be 10% of the players on line.

The lowest I've experienced was 15 online total in the MA and this was about two weeks ago for about three hours. I even bombed a base for a while out of abject boredom. At one point I was trying to do ACM with my own bombs.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2016, 06:52:39 AM »
Another incident last night highlighted the need for more, harder, 88s.  The 88's were taken out first and in one pass.  Three spit 14s and a typhoon killed planes before breaking a 1000ft.  The typhoon specialized in cutting planes down before gear was up.  No effort was being made to capture the field.

I have seen one of these players post about trying to find a fight.  Most interesting too, this same, well known player, abandoned his red comrades to land his kills.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2016, 12:04:26 PM »
No one thought to go from a base back and gain alt?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »

Too much effort... :neener:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »

Did that.  As soon as you close in they run.

Like i posted before,  Some are looking for a fight but there is a dirty element that are looking for easy.  Those of you actually looking for a fight are getting dirty feet walking with those looking for an easy kill.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »
Dont bother with Fugitive. Even when he is wrong he is right and you'll never convince him otherwise.

Fixed. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!