Author Topic: Beta 23 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2267 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
Re: Beta 23 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »
noticed flickering, seems it shows up just before new terrain is drawn in the distance.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:29:21 AM by jollyFE »
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »
Jolly,

I have a GTX760 like you do. The flickering has come and gone like you describe with patches since I installed my GTX760 in January. Hitech is still working the bread dough. Fixes one thing it goes away, tweeks another it comes back.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
Ok, I'll keep an eye on things
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
b25H fixed as well as gun pit location on vbase.

Mental note: DX11 texture issue with sandbags on gun pit. DX9 draws texture fine, DX11 version has a value that is being stenciled out.

Also can confirm clipboard icon colors are not working correctly.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:55:29 PM by Waffle »

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 04:51:33 PM »
Fresh Install - Beta 23

Too many things weren't working in my continuously patched Alpha to Beta versions. They were still in the Alpha Folder for crying out loud so I decided it was high time to delete everything and do a clean install.

Unfortunately, it didn't fix any of the things driving me crazy.

I'm still, not able to run the DX11 version of the game.
In the new install, BETA 23, I have D3DCompiler_47.dll and D3DX9_43.dll on my machine

but not D3DX11_43.dll or D3DCOMPILER_43.dll.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 12:43:47 AM »
Pudgie,

What do you get when you do this:

Turn VSync off in Video Settings.

Go to A1 of craterma

In Options/Grapic detail press default, so all ranges are set to default.

Disable ALL options ,

Set Environment map to None.

Press Ok.

Minimize the clip board and observe frame rate.

Chilli,

Beta 23 Dx11 version set to disable v-synch, ingame settings set @ default, all other settings disabled, clipboard minimized at CraterMA A1 FPS goes up to 80 FPS (AMD FRTC set FR) from 44 FPS.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »
Pudgie,

Is that framerate you are reporting while you are using VR headset?  If not, I suggest that you reduce your screen resolution, at least for testing purposes.  I too, have experimented with the Super Dynamic Resolution and smoothness, and found an association with drop in frame rates.

My current settings are 1366 x 768 and my Ki61 renders as smooth as a baby's bottom.  I have also found a great advantage in framerates as well.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
Pudgie,

Is that framerate you are reporting while you are using VR headset?  If not, I suggest that you reduce your screen resolution, at least for testing purposes.  I too, have experimented with the Super Dynamic Resolution and smoothness, and found an association with drop in frame rates.

My current settings are 1366 x 768 and my Ki61 renders as smooth as a baby's bottom.  I have also found a great advantage in framerates as well.

Chilli,

I do not own a VR headset at this time, I'm using an Asus MG279Q 144Hz IPS FreeSynch Gaming Monitor w\ native res of 2560 x 1440 w\ FreeSynch enabled (1st gen Asus FreeSynch monitor tops FreeSynch @ 90 Hz so I set the AMD FRTC in the Crimson driver @ 80 FPS. These 2 AMD Radeon controls work wonders for smoothness when used in tandem) so VR is not my issue.

I do not use AMD's VSR (equivalent of Nvidia's DSR) and Crimson 16.5.3 driver settings except the FRTC are set up in default so no issues there. VSR does work pretty well but IMHO it's better suited to be used on very large (>34") monitors\TV's w\ < 2560 x 1440 res) as I can't see to read ANY text or see icons in game w\ VSR enabled.......so I don't use this so not my issue.

I run the Beta (regardless of Dx version) on my box using all default settings (Beta reads my vid card and enables all settings, including 4096 textures. The only things I change from the Beta default settings are Object Detail set full right, Ground Object Detail set full right, Tree Detail set full left (for flying, set full right for GV's), Terrain Detail set full right and gamma set @ 1.2.

So for the most part the Beta IS pretty much set in it's default game settings outside of the sliders mentioned above that I reset to my tastes.

When I got Beta 21 Dx11 version working on my box by doing what Hitech didn't want us to do (downloaded the MS June '10 Directx 11 distribution pack.....was impatient, sorry) Beta 21 Dx11 version ran w\ all as set above at full 80 FPS across the board butter smooth (I believe I posted a couple of snippets showing this from MSI Afterburner....1 for Beta 21 Dx9, 1 for Beta 21 Dx11). All Beta Dx9 versions have ran well on my box. Since I've been involved in the Alpha and Beta testing I've always had Windows set up to scale 150% since my 1st 2560 x1440 res monitor (DoubleSight DS279W IPS 2560 x 1440 60Hz) so that I can see the icons and text & I have never had any issues w\ AHIII due to desktop scaling being set to high DPI....until recently.

The low FPS and choppiness and display scaling issues started upon patching up to Beta 22 Dx11 version (Beta 22 and 23 Dx9 versions were not affected FPS or choppiness-wise, only scaling) and continues thru Beta 23 Dx11 version. The scaling issues do not affect the game once it has started (w\ the exception of the Dx11 version), only the in game mouse pointer during the initial opening screen as this screen opens up within Windows (not in 3D full screen) and so was affected by the Windows-set scaling (and the AMD driver game display scaling as well) so something has changed within the Beta (my read here is this has to be due to the new VR coding written into the Beta which is optimized for Dx11, I can be wrong but my hunch is strong) that is affected by display scaling in the Dx11 version causing my vid card's GPU to "over process" and slow down due to the excessive load as follows from my testing as posted in the next post:

(continued)

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
I went in the Beta 23 Dx11 version Graphics Details tab & disabled each setting individually to see which ones had the most effect on FPS as follows (in tower w\ clipboard up):

Sliders:

Object Detail slider--no change @ 44 FPS
Ground Object Detail slider--no change @ 44 FPS
Tree Detail slider--no change @ 44 FPS
Terrain Detail slider--no change @ 44 FPS
EM slider--None--no change @ 44 FPS, 1--no change @ 44 FPS, 2-change from 44 FPS to 36 FPS, 3-change from 44 FPS to 31 FPS, Full-change from 44 FPS to 28 FPS (this was expected w\ EM).

Checkboxes (left dialog box):

Disable Other Planes Skins--no change @ 44 FPS
Disable Shadows--no change @ 44 FPS
Disable Ground Clutter--no change @ 44 FPS
Disable Ground Clutter When In Flight--no change @ 44 FPS
Disable Post Lighting Effects--no change @ 44 FPS
Enabled Post Lighting Effects then disabled each individual subset setting just for giggles--no change @ 44 FPS
Disable Reflections--no change @ 44 FPS
Disable Detail--FPS change from 44 FPS to 71 FPS, enable detail FPS drops back to 44 FPS
Disable Bump Mapping--FPS change from 44 FPS to 68 FPS, enable bump mapping FPS drops back to 44 FPS

So from all this it appears that only w\ Detail and Bump Mapping under Dx11 since Beta 22 thru Beta 23 are the processes that have changed since Beta 21 Dx11 version to cause my Fury X to slow down and run choppy (graphics scenes run in double "lopes" followed by a slight delay in between the "double lopes"....for lack of a better descriptive). My hunch for this is due to the new VR coding bleeding in but only Hitech can confirm this (I do recall Hitech mentioning that there was to be a checkbox that was to show up at startup for a user to check if user was using a VR headset w\ the Beta in a thread in here somewhere...I want to say in the VR thread but I can't remember) so I'm waiting on official response from HTC concerning the Dx11 version issues.

As far as the scaling issues w\ in game mouse pointer goes the "fix" for now is to check the box under both Dx9 and Dx11 shortcut's Properties, Compatibility tab "disable scaling when high DPI settings are present" and hit apply. Due to the new VR coding in the game this fix may be a permanent solution....but again only Hitech can confirm.

Anyway, now you know...............

In the meantime I'll just play on the Dx9 version.

Beta 21, 22 and 23 Dx9 versions run smooth at 78-80 FPS using same graphics set up mentioned in earlier posting

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2016, 05:08:09 AM »
Okay, I got it sorry for any misunderstanding.  It does seem that your situation is unique (most likely due to your hardware).  I hope that you can understand my confusion as the opposite change in framerates has been my result (framerates much improved and through the roof since about patch 21).

Also, you are doing the right thing by leaving at defaults and letting staff know.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:52 AM »
I cut and pasted  incorrectly.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:52:24 PM by hitech »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2016, 03:57:56 PM »
Message window transparency  resets to 50% every time I exit an arena with both dx9 and dx11.  I deleted gui.cfg but it still happens.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
Unable to reproduce the joystick lockup issue.  It seems to have been fixed in the last couple of patches for me.  Previously, was easily reproduced in high traffic furball action. 

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »
Okay, I got it sorry for any misunderstanding.  It does seem that your situation is unique (most likely due to your hardware).  I hope that you can understand my confusion as the opposite change in framerates has been my result (framerates much improved and through the roof since about patch 21).

Also, you are doing the right thing by leaving at defaults and letting staff know.

No problem, Chilli.

:aok

Yeah I would say my situation is probably unique as you have noted as I know I'm in the minority of users in here using an AMD R9 Fury X video card w\ AH, regardless of whether it's AHII or Beta but this is also a blessing for HTC as they know that there is 1 of these vid cards out here in the wild running their software which gives them insight on how their product is performing w\ it and to tweak the game to perform on it to its best as they see warranted..........

Which reminds me, I need to send in another set of dxdiag's on this card w\ the Crimson 16.5.3 drivers.

See ya up!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »
More confusion Pudgie  :headscratch:  dxdiag (I forget which one possibly 64) your dedicated video memory is higher than total memory.

Display Memory: 3815 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 4071 MB
      Shared Memory: 3840 MB

Also, you might want to verify proper installation of the 16.5.3 driver.......  (I am unfamiliar with AMD drivers so forgive if this is a witch hunt). These two known issues grabbed my eye:

Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
Catalyst Install Manager unable to detect the display driver while uninstallation.

There is a newer 16.6.1 driver dated 6/7/2016, that looks to have resolved the install manager detection problem.

Also, you are using a generic pnp driver for your very hi tech gaming monitor.  I don't have a clue, but it seems this driver http://www.helpjet.net/Fs-41476204-11032212-68721049.html would help.

Here is a step by step manual guide for ASUS MG279(DP) software installation process on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Vista / XP.
1 Download MG279Q_WHQL_driver.zip file for Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Vista / XP, save and unpack it if needed.
2 Switch on your new monitor hardware.
3 Right click on the My computer icon and push Properties tab then. Choose Hardware tab. Click on Device Manager button.
4 Find your ASUS MG279(DP) device in the list and press double click on the monitor device. Click Reinstall driver button.
5 Choose Install from the specific location and click on the Browse button. Click on the Next and Finish button after that to complete the installation process.
6 After these steps, you should see ASUS MG279(DP) device in Windows peripheral manager.