Author Topic: Beta 23 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 23 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 01:23:45 PM »
More confusion Pudgie  :headscratch:  dxdiag (I forget which one possibly 64) your dedicated video memory is higher than total memory.

Display Memory: 3815 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 4071 MB
      Shared Memory: 3840 MB

Also, you might want to verify proper installation of the 16.5.3 driver.......  (I am unfamiliar with AMD drivers so forgive if this is a witch hunt). These two known issues grabbed my eye:

Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
Catalyst Install Manager unable to detect the display driver while uninstallation.

There is a newer 16.6.1 driver dated 6/7/2016, that looks to have resolved the install manager detection problem.

Also, you are using a generic pnp driver for your very hi tech gaming monitor.  I don't have a clue, but it seems this driver http://www.helpjet.net/Fs-41476204-11032212-68721049.html would help.

Here is a step by step manual guide for ASUS MG279(DP) software installation process on Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Vista / XP.
1 Download MG279Q_WHQL_driver.zip file for Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Vista / XP, save and unpack it if needed.
2 Switch on your new monitor hardware.
3 Right click on the My computer icon and push Properties tab then. Choose Hardware tab. Click on Device Manager button.
4 Find your ASUS MG279(DP) device in the list and press double click on the monitor device. Click Reinstall driver button.
5 Choose Install from the specific location and click on the Browse button. Click on the Next and Finish button after that to complete the installation process.
6 After these steps, you should see ASUS MG279(DP) device in Windows peripheral manager.

Hi Chilli,

You typed video memory info from the 64-bit dxdiag of my box. The 32-bit dxdiag is the more prevalent dxdiag to look at which shows a little different usage picture (to my knowledge AH is 32-bit software by default which can run on a 64-bit platform):

Display mem @ 4095 MB
Dedicated mem @ 3072 MB
Shared mem @ 1023 MB

Crimson 16.5.3 drivers are clean installed & installed w\o issue.
The only Crimson driver that I have noted installation issues from was 16.1 (was corrupt driver). All others that I have installed since have gone clean (I don't try every Crimson driver update....I only update drivers when either a known issue that I have witnessed on my box has been resolved from reading the Release Notes or I am seeing some issue running my game (like what I experienced since updating Beta 21 to 22 to 23 Dx11 version as sometimes the latest driver pack may handle\resolve the issue seen....there were some driver fixes in Crimson 16.5.3 drivers that weren't listed so I clean installed from 16.4.1 to 16.5.3 to see if this would resolve them...it didn't) or if there are reported performance updates specifically listed for my Fury X as these are driver tweaks to enhance hardware performance.

Now as far as the 2 items that you posted from the AMD site I have never witnessed these issues since Crimson 16.2.1 (the issue w\ AMD FRTC is the only 1 that I have noted, never witnessed the issue w\ "Catalyst Install Manager").

But as for the Generic Display Driver noted I thank you for making note of that.......I had completely forgot about this when I was going thru all the issues w\ my box when I upgraded my box's hardware recently.

Has been handled.

Already had the Asus MG279Q driver.inf files on hand, just forgot to update my fresh Win 7 install.

:aok

:salute

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 23 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 01:53:03 PM »
Oh good!  I was beginning to think I was only being a nuissance... but it is in my DNA to hunt  :uhoh for solutions. 

Here is something else that I discovered while researching your monitor dxdiag.txt:  Output Type: Displayport External.  Check your type of connection to the monitor.  I am assuming the cable that you are using came with the monitor?  What I have learned today is there are different ports on some video cards, not just the Displayport, HDMI, DVI or VGA.  The linked video below is worth watching even if you are certain you have it right.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:36:39 PM by Chilli »