Author Topic: Vox Question  (Read 411 times)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Vox Question
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
Sorry for not being here alot in Beta but tonight when trying to fly the Combat Challenge I noticed each time I keyed up on Squad Vox or Local my Delay would spike. I have never had this happen before and it kinda made me Ticked off I should not here delay's when calling out bad guys to squaddies or other country men. here is a Screen shot from tonight where my Variance spiked each time I keyed up

Frame Rate also sucked for a 4g card but oh well

Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Vox Question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 10:35:06 AM »
Molsman,

I can tell from color of map icons that you are running the DX9 version.  I can recall very early on, vox communications caused a slight stutter on my end.  I believe DX11 may have solved that issue, but I could be wrong.  I suggest that you try again with DX11.

I would suggest that you run the DX11 version.  In order to do that, go to the AH Beta folder and find the DX11 executable (there I created a shortcut and dragged onto my desktop) and launch DX11.  The last two patches have been aimed at this (should also boost performance).

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »
Thanks Chilli I will work on this on monday or Tuesday on my next day off. I had to get the newer updates for that night also.

<S>
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 06:37:00 PM »
I tested vox today DX11 and although I did not get any variance spikes, I did receive a very slightly noticeable stutter upon releasing the talk key.  This was much more exaggerated in the earlier versions as I had discussed.