Author Topic: System requirements for AH3 beta  (Read 693 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
System requirements for AH3 beta
« on: June 08, 2016, 03:20:40 AM »
Anyone know the requirements for AH3 beta?  Is the a list somewhere?  I tried searching but came up with nothing that really helped.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: System requirements for AH3 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 03:49:55 AM »
I have yet to see that as well. I have asked also. Seems as it is in testing it is better just to go see for yourself, on your current set up. Some tweaking is needed, it seems, regardless of your system. I don't run full 60 FPS in every situation, but it seems that 30ish works just fine. That's my experience at least. Post lighting has a big influence on tracers for me being able to see them. Also gamma adjustments(for tracers). Shadows have a big draw of fps also. The ".sliders" also has some benefit, mainly in the settings for terrain and tree colors. Oh and the stdshp or the top slider with description, helps with the reflection of runwaysand plane looks. Not really sure how to explain it. I can run all detail and maxed out ranges in sliders for most part, around 45 plus fps, with post lighting off and reflection disabled. I run a asus with 750nvidea card. I can run 35 plus fps on my older dell inspiron laptop also, with a bit more tweaking of details.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:45:14 AM »
There's no official list so far. For reported testing purposes any computer is good. The game will be optimized based on that information. You can play with the game settings for better performance, but don't tweak Windows or the drivers to fix any issues. Report and leave the fixing to HT.

As for what you'd need for an enjoyable gameplay in the Beta, some hints have been given.

First, what HiTech uses for developing the game is: Intel Core2Duo E8400, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660, 4 GB of RAM, Win7 64 bit. That's four (GPU) to eight (CPU) years old hardware.

Second, what Skuzzy has said for: CPU @ 3 GHz or more, 1 GB or more of video card RAM, GeForce 9800 GTX or better (that's about the minimum for GPU).

Third, what is common knowledge in building a good yet affordable gaming computer for most games played on a single 1920x1080 monitor @ 60 Hz: Intel multi core CPU @ 3.5 GHz, Nvidia GeForce 970, 8 GB of RAM.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:24:06 AM »
Right now I have a Nvidia 9600GT video card, dual core processor and 2 gigs of ram. I tried to play AH3 beta but had a FR of 3 with everything turned off and FR of 0 when I upped on the runway. I was just wondering if there was a system requirement for it so that I know what I need to do to upgrade my computer or build another one.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 06:37:02 AM »
The baseline video card we have been using is the NVidia 9800 GTX video card.  If your video card is slower than that, then it will struggle with the Beta.  The video card is going to be the issue with most players computers.  Aces High III will lean heavily on the video card.  Best bang for the buck, for 1080p resolution, has been the NVidia 970, but that does not mean a cheaper card will not suffice.  The 950 gets decent marks.

If the computer has less than 4GB of system RAM, then it would struggle as the operating systems are chewing through 2GB of RAM as it is.

Any 3Ghz dual core CPU, or better, is going to be fine for Aces High III.

Those are not minimum suggestions nor recommended suggestions.  Right now, they are more realistic than anything else.  Which means everything I just said is subject to change. 

It is a Beta.  If you can afford to wait until it is released, then I would do that.  There is a reason we have not published any specifications for the Beta.  It is not done yet.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »
I started with patch 17 and FPS 0f 30-50 with all the graphic options turned off. With the same hardware I now see FPS of 80-120 with only shadows disabled so it's definitely improving with development.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 01:36:16 AM »
The baseline video card we have been using is the NVidia 9800 GTX video card.  If your video card is slower than that, then it will struggle with the Beta.  The video card is going to be the issue with most players computers.  Aces High III will lean heavily on the video card.  Best bang for the buck, for 1080p resolution, has been the NVidia 970, but that does not mean a cheaper card will not suffice.  The 950 gets decent marks.

If the computer has less than 4GB of system RAM, then it would struggle as the operating systems are chewing through 2GB of RAM as it is.

Any 3Ghz dual core CPU, or better, is going to be fine for Aces High III.

Those are not minimum suggestions nor recommended suggestions.  Right now, they are more realistic than anything else.  Which means everything I just said is subject to change. 

It is a Beta.  If you can afford to wait until it is released, then I would do that.  There is a reason we have not published any specifications for the Beta.  It is not done yet.

Thank you for the info Skuzzy! I guess I will wait to find out what is going to be needed. I rather build a system that isn't just boarder line and find out it wont run it. Thanks again! <<S>>
~~~The Killuminati~~~