Author Topic: Beta 24 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 24 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:52:52 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 24 DX11 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Beta 24 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
Installed patch no issues. Message window transparency is fixed for both dx versions.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 04:18:47 PM »
Mental note: When cleaning build errors that say "empty object", check to make sure empty object is not a reference to an external object before selecting and deleting empty objects. In other words, the KI61 gunsight is fixed for next patch.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
Just tested and the cv1 rift double vision is gone. Mouse disappears for some clipboard Windows. Example preferences/flight, the mouse is ok anywhere outside the window where you select the items. It just diapppears. I only had a short time to test and will check more windows tomorrow. I will also try the Vive and controllers.

Thanks for fixing all the double vision. I can now resume happy hour :cheers:

Terry

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 06:16:51 PM »
TrackIR isn't recognized. I am not sure I can do without it, sort of handicapped, so its a real issue for me. I have hard time with fine motor skills, like hat switch manipulation. I will give it a go though...if I can remember how to remap my hat switches lol (kidding,I can remember) :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
Mental note: When cleaning build errors that say "empty object", check to make sure empty object is not a reference to an external object before selecting and deleting empty objects. In other words, the KI61 gunsight is fixed for next patch.

You just secretly broke a bunch of hearts. Game wise, only the reticle sitting in the windscreen is a gamers dream. Any chance you can make the same booboo with the sunscreen on the Type98 in the A6m family......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 06:40:41 PM »
TrackIR isn't recognized. I am not sure I can do without it, sort of handicapped, so its a real issue for me. I have hard time with fine motor skills, like hat switch manipulation. I will give it a go though...if I can remember how to remap my hat switches lol (kidding,I can remember) :neener:

My trackir works.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »

My trackir works.

Mine doesn't, so it's probably a new setting.  Where should we go to select TrackIR?

- oldman

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 12:12:29 AM »
When I first opened this current version (24) my tir did drop out. I closed the game, made sure tir was running, hi-lighted AH in the current profile tab in tir, then restarted the game and it has worked since.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 02:55:06 AM »
Still no joy. I never had to highlight any profile before...tried it and no change. I tried every profile under AH2 in "titles" tab, still nothing. Maybe its a diff situation, depending on TIR version? I run TIR5 :bhead
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
Ran Updater Patch 23 to 24 and all went fine w\o a hitch.

Went in Properties, Compatibility tab under both shortcuts and unchecked "disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
Opened both Beta 24 Dx versions and got the same in game mouse pointer scaling issue in windowed screen as reported earlier starting w\ Beta 22 thru 23. Closed out, went back in Properties, Compatibility tab under both shortcuts and checked "disable display scaling on high DPI settings". Closed out, opened both Beta 24 Dx versions and in game mouse scaling issue in windowed screen is gone.

Both Beta 24 Dx9 and Beta 24 Dx11 versions opened up and exited fine in both online and offline.

Beta 24 Dx9 version runs fine and smooth (65 FPS in tower w\ in flight FPS @ 79-80 smooth (AMD FRTC setting of 80 FPS w\ FreeSynch enabled) w\ all set up in Beta default settings except as noted in last posting for Beta 23 Dx9\Dx11.

Beta 24 Dx11 version runs but still seeing the same issues as reported earlier since Beta 22 Dx11 (44-45 FPS in tower w\ in flight FPS @ 54-56 w\ choppy "double loping w\ a short delay between lopes" motion as opposed to 79-80 FPS in tower w\ in flight FPS @ 79-80 smooth in Beta 21 Dx11). While in flight I did reset the Beta 24 Dx11 graphics slider settings back to default and for approx. 2 mins the FPS did jump from 54-56 to 79-80 and smoothed out but then went back to doing the same choppy double loping motion and FPS back to the same 54-56 range. Once back in tower I then disabled both bump mapping and detail graphics processing and noticed the tower FPS went up from 44-45 FPS to 79-80 FPS in tower for approx. 2 mins then went back down to 44-45 FPS. Enabled both bump mapping and detail graphics processing and noted no change...stayed at 44-45 FPS.

Other than this all good on my end.

Continuing to test......................

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 09:03:20 AM »

Go into Settings/Preferences/VR and make sure Disable VR is NOT checked.

HiTech

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »
Tested a LVT4 and in external view it looks like the bow wave is ~30 ft below the LVT.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 10:36:04 AM »
Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly ( 0xc000007b ).

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 11:02:19 AM »
Was reading this thread and saw Hitech's response that gave direction to a poster that uses TIR to go into Settings\Preferences\VR and uncheck "Disable VR" checkbox to get TIR working.........

So I went and checked and there it was............

I found "Disable VR" checkbox unchecked by default (tech tip reads that this will disable VR testing when a VR headset is available).

So, if I'm understanding this right, a VR headset (or TIR tracker) has to be recognized by the Beta in Video Settings as a display choice before these VR in game settings become active?
Or are these VR settings active regardless of the display choice in Video Settings and so will need to come here and check the checkbox that disables VR?

Well I checked the checkbox to disable VR (to see if this makes a difference w\ the in game running issues that I've witnessed on my Fury X running Beta 22, 23, 24 Dx11) then went in game to see the result:

In the tower I saw the same 44-45 FPS after disabling VR. On the runway I actually saw the FPS go up to 79-80 FPS and stay there until I started up the ole Merlin in me ole Spitty Mk IX at which time the FPS dropped back down to 34-44 FPS. Took off and noticed the same double loping w\ a short delay between graphics motion as reported earlier w\ FPS running in the same 54-56 range.

Tested this in Beta 24 Dx9 version and found no change in Beta 24 Dx9 version performance posted earlier (all good).

Continuing w\ testing.............

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd