Author Topic: Lots of late war planes?  (Read 5385 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
Re: Lots of late war planes?
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »
Well, defending seems reasonable given the constant attacks by people on the boards and channels about the people who aren't flying whatever it is they want them to fly however they want them to fly it.

Wiley.
yep, but you ganger runner hiders are the same ones who complain about the game dying. then 2 seconds later youre the 6th plane diving on a half plane. then crying about no fights. or the 6th one into a gangbang but the 1st one to run from 1v1s. theres a reason people think lowly of these players.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »
yep, but you ganger runner hiders are the same ones who complain about the game dying. then 2 seconds later youre the 6th plane diving on a half plane. then crying about no fights. or the 6th one into a gangbang but the 1st one to run from 1v1s. theres a reason people think lowly of these players.

There is so much truth to this statement.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »

Yep.  And you TnB chest thumpers are the same ones who complain about the game dying.  Then 2 seconds later you're whining because the guy in the dora isn't stallfighting with your Spit16, then crying about no fights.  Or you're concentrating on one plane in a furball and whining about everybody not staying out of "your fight" and demanding the enemy come at you one at a time like you're in a Chuck Norris movie.  There's a reason people think lowly of these players.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2016, 06:28:50 PM »
  I can't see HTC dying because of the way any specific group plays the game.  Really, seem's like HTC would take direct action if such were the case.  Further, I've heard not one peep out of HTC to indicate they're in a dire situation.  Word from HTC on such things is..... <crickets>

I reckon style-of-play has little or nothing to do with any mass exodus that may (or may not) have happened in AH.  The game just hasn't changed that much, not in a very long time.  What I do know, is AH is old as MMOG's go and the attention span of your average modern gamer is equivalent to the average Goldfish.  Take that and combine it with the fact that AH is NOT a shooty-bang-fast-die-go-again console game and well... you've got a more realistic target to blame, than someone who doesn't play the game THE WAY YOU WANT THEM TO!

HTC is obviously addressing the issue.  There's hope on the horizon.  This might all work out great, it might not.  However, insulting people for doing what they pay HTC to do, then accusing them of killing the game is just silly <<<(that's the PC version, use your imagination).  So stop, you aren't helping. :old:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2016, 09:01:49 PM »
I've been having tons of fun in the F-4F, the most I've had in a while. It's my new favorite plane. I can't wait till it's remodeled. The achievement made me do it.

Pilots come in for the easy kill and do stupid stuff around me, I shoot them down.

You don't need a late war monster to have fun in Lw arena.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2016, 05:19:05 AM »
I've been having tons of fun in the F-4F, the most I've had in a while. It's my new favorite plane. I can't wait till it's remodeled. The achievement made me do it.

Wow.  The Phantom is in here?   :banana:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
The "phantom" wildcat, yes. The little bugger holds onto e better than expected.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2016, 04:02:06 PM »
Yep.  And you TnB chest thumpers are the same ones who complain about the game dying.  Then 2 seconds later you're whining because the guy in the dora isn't stallfighting with your Spit16, then crying about no fights.  Or you're concentrating on one plane in a furball and whining about everybody not staying out of "your fight" and demanding the enemy come at you one at a time like you're in a Chuck Norris movie.  There's a reason people think lowly of these players.

Wiley.
coy wiley. make up whatever you want i guess. none of that is true of me. not one bit of it. i never expect any runner to fight, what gets me is when they run and wait for the guy to get into a fight, then bravely come back just raring to fight. we know that each plane has a certain style, each plane CAN fight. you dont want to turn fight a 190 vs spit16, i get it. they need to have E and maybe extend a bit. but thats not what happens. the 190 just keeps extending until he finds some little helpers or just outright hides in ack and of course he tries to reengage when you turn away. or people sit at the end of the runway vulching until they get bounced then run like the wind. they are willing to fight as long as the other guy cant do crap abt it. but as soon as the fight slaps them in the face, all the sudden they're low fuel, low ammo, gotta go now! these are veteran players doing this sissy bit. veteran means theyve been around longer than non vets, which means they have influenced the game play more than the non vets. and the game becomes what it is. then you see that there are 20 LW birds for every 1 EW bird. because you have to fly LW to compete with the veteran ganger runner hiders.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2016, 05:07:39 PM »
none of that is true of me. not one bit of it.

And there's plenty of people that fly LW stuff that your posts don't apply to as well.  And that's another VooduVee griping on 200 all the time about getting picked and HOed and people running?  My bad.

Some people fly LW planes to run, some people fly LW planes to chase.  That we at least agree on.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »
And there's plenty of people that fly LW stuff that your posts don't apply to as well.  And that's another VooduVee griping on 200 all the time about getting picked and HOed and people running?  My bad.

Some people fly LW planes to run, some people fly LW planes to chase.  That we at least agree on.

Wiley.
youre leaving out all context and blanketing any thing i say as an unreasonable 200 gripe. typical.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »
youre leaving out all context and blanketing any thing i say as an unreasonable 200 gripe. typical.

Plenty of those opening in this thread are dismissing context.   Not everyone who leaves a fight is "gutlessly running". 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
I run all the time but my planes are too slow to get away.  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2016, 12:34:29 PM »
Great Early/Midwar action to be had in the scenario.  Next week is the last week, walkons still welcome.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,379866.0.html
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2016, 01:01:47 AM »

Pilots come in for the easy kill and do stupid stuff around me, I shoot them down.

You don't need a late war monster to have fun in Lw arena.
so true.

The "phantom" wildcat, yes. The little bugger holds onto e better than expected.
It can also take quite a beating and keep going. An important quality for a plane that take beatings often :)

When I want some old blue plane shenanigans I roll its cousin the SBD :p
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2016, 02:26:38 AM »

0-18,000 feet in 90 seconds...and it can also be used for SAM suppression.  You should see if it works on those radar-aimed (or is it laser?) puffy ack guns the CVs have.  :rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned