Author Topic: Lots of late war planes?  (Read 5384 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Re: Lots of late war planes?
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »
There is really no incentive to fly anything other than Late War monsters.   If HTC revamped the ENY scale to 100, the large perk point bonuses might help to encourage players to get out of their comfort zone for a few minutes.

For once, we agree.  I've always flown the P-51 because it's what I consider the best and most versatile fighter aircraft to come out of WW2.  (not looking for the inevitable argument here, just a fact).  Early on, I tried to get time in every aircraft.  As time progressed, I did tours of "a kill in every aircraft" or just Attack, or whatever.   Thing is, after a good long while I became bored with the relentless hamster cage of being picked, or tag-teamed... every-freeking-time.  It just really got old.  So, these days I do what I do, and I don't get disappointed much.  I don't fly in an extremely cautious manner at altitude because it's the mostest bestust funnest.  Realistic simulation has a lot to do with it.  But, I also do it because being picked & gang-tarded is NOT fun in a major way.  Especially when you've earned a couple of kills and some trash talking cherry picker zooms in, kills you then brags about their unique badassery.  Further, I also get a bit of a warm-fuzzy knowing I am spending my time denying those same pickers their opportunity to operate freely.  Why, just last night I ran into a P-38 WAY down around 20k who immediately turned around and ran straight back home as soon as it was in icon range.  Kudo's to that pair of Pony's though, they never quite managed to get over me but, at least they tried. 

IMHO, HTC ought to wipe all perks, then set up a perk system in which ALL late war monsters get their fair share of "Gotta-earn-it", in such a way that it sticks.  For example, the Pony ~IS~ a problem given the historical stats.  IMO it's not perked because of the potential cry-baby response.  And this routine of saving up 20K friggin perks!  That promotes some of the lamest bs in the game.  Obviously, we're dealing with the insta-gratification mindset and, well a whole segment of the AH population would likely suffer a simultaneous aneurysm if ~earning~ anything actually became standard. 

I don't believe there's an easy answer.   Maybe they could just start charging.... like, "For only $20 you get a PonyD and 10 rides in it a tour".  How fun would THAT be???  Shootin down someones hard earned cash!  Oh, the glory! :joystick:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »
If the 109E was updated with a new 3D model and E3-4-7 variants I'd barely be out of it. He111 is my main bomber though. So there is still hope for EW in LW  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2016, 04:20:37 PM »
Don't blame me for flying only Late War stuff.  :)

Top 10 killers for 2015

C.205
F4F-4
110C
Ki-61
Mossie
P-39D
P-40C
F6F
FM2
C.202

Top 10 killers for 2016 (so far)

110C
F4F
P-39D
P-40C
C.202
Ki-61
La-5
P-47D-11
C.205
F6F

:bolt:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2016, 07:45:21 PM »
my other favorite plane was the il2.

Why the heck are you not playing in "Battle of the Dnieper"?  Lots of Il-2 action in that one.  It's on the next 2 Saturdays at 3 pm Eastern in Special Events II Arena.

Go, Il-2's!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2016, 07:46:46 PM »
If I ever decided to come back (doubt it), the Ki-61 would still be my main ride.   However, there is nothing more exhilarating than rolling an La7 at a vulched field and downing multiple cons per sortie.

What if someone made a University of Michigan skin for your Ki-61 or La-7?  :aok

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »
There are a lot of fun planes to use, Ki-43 is very underrated and very funny to fly against zekes and brewsters  :D
Spit IX is a plane that anyone can be good in and that gives a decent amount of perks in return.
The Brewster - cause everyone hates it.

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2016, 03:56:43 AM »

The day I understand the current ENY system in LWA  ....

Please implement better incentives for flying something else than low-ENY planes in LWA, and perk the Wirbelwind  :bolt:

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2016, 08:34:31 AM »
The games community base has a huge pool of vets. Late war rides are necessary to survive. Unlike the old days you have almost a 50/50 chance of running into someone that has been playing this game for over 10 years. A p40b isn't going to cut it..

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »
Not entirely true.

Some mid-war planes are good enough, and can both challenges and kills at the same time.

I normally do one or two flights with low ENY birds every month, and the rest with ENY15+ planes.

The games community base has a huge pool of vets. Late war rides are necessary to survive. Unlike the old days you have almost a 50/50 chance of running into someone that has been playing this game for over 10 years. A p40b isn't going to cut it..
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2016, 01:59:04 PM »
I know and it's a fact that runners are not getting the best fun out of this flight sim. I love to dogfight with other players. I love stall fighting where both our planes are doing ACM's and they are inches away from each other. That's why I fly, it's breath taking when you stall fight another great stick. So you P-51 and 190d guys that keeps running are really missing the real fun of this flight sim.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2016, 05:54:25 PM »
the issue start a from the fact that very many of these vets are in the lattest fighters themselves.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2016, 08:03:05 PM »
What if someone made a University of Michigan skin for your Ki-61 or La-7?  :aok

Knock yourself out.   I have my two favorites, one for each.   It'd be better than a lot of the repeat/similar skins on the 109/Pony.   

Jimmy, might like the Maize & Blue, but good luck blending in..... :cheers:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2016, 10:41:07 PM »
I changed up my plane to a late war beast 2 or 3 months ago..
atm Im having a lot of fun getting kills..
I know everyone thinks the 16 is dweeby but at the moment its my choice of ride..
I`ve done plenty of time in other planes..
but its nice to get a few kills now for sure..
Im sure I will tire of it and find another avenue to pursue for shiz and giggles..but just not yet

Masher if your referring to me..I dont mind sticking out like a blind blacksmiths thumb..
more fights the merrier, I need the practice. :cheers:
<S>
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2016, 11:34:06 PM »
I changed up my plane to a late war beast 2 or 3 months ago..
atm Im having a lot of fun getting kills..
I know everyone thinks the 16 is dweeby but at the moment its my choice of ride..
I`ve done plenty of time in other planes..
but its nice to get a few kills now for sure..
Im sure I will tire of it and find another avenue to pursue for shiz and giggles..but just not yet

Masher if your referring to me..I dont mind sticking out like a blind blacksmiths thumb..
more fights the merrier, I need the practice. :cheers:
<S>

Neg mate.  I was referring to Jim Harbaugh.   But <S> anyway, the game needs more of it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »
For once, we agree.  I've always flown the P-51 because it's what I consider the best and most versatile fighter aircraft to come out of WW2.  (not looking for the inevitable argument here, just a fact).  Early on, I tried to get time in every aircraft.  As time progressed, I did tours of "a kill in every aircraft" or just Attack, or whatever.   Thing is, after a good long while I became bored with the relentless hamster cage of being picked, or tag-teamed... every-freeking-time.  It just really got old.  So, these days I do what I do, and I don't get disappointed much.  I don't fly in an extremely cautious manner at altitude because it's the mostest bestust funnest.  Realistic simulation has a lot to do with it.  But, I also do it because being picked & gang-tarded is NOT fun in a major way.  Especially when you've earned a couple of kills and some trash talking cherry picker zooms in, kills you then brags about their unique badassery.  Further, I also get a bit of a warm-fuzzy knowing I am spending my time denying those same pickers their opportunity to operate freely.  Why, just last night I ran into a P-38 WAY down around 20k who immediately turned around and ran straight back home as soon as it was in icon range.  Kudo's to that pair of Pony's though, they never quite managed to get over me but, at least they tried. 

IMHO, HTC ought to wipe all perks, then set up a perk system in which ALL late war monsters get their fair share of "Gotta-earn-it", in such a way that it sticks.  For example, the Pony ~IS~ a problem given the historical stats.  IMO it's not perked because of the potential cry-baby response.  And this routine of saving up 20K friggin perks!  That promotes some of the lamest bs in the game.  Obviously, we're dealing with the insta-gratification mindset and, well a whole segment of the AH population would likely suffer a simultaneous aneurysm if ~earning~ anything actually became standard. 

I don't believe there's an easy answer.   Maybe they could just start charging.... like, "For only $20 you get a PonyD and 10 rides in it a tour".  How fun would THAT be???  Shootin down someones hard earned cash!  Oh, the glory! :joystick:

thats what i've been wanting for the longest