Author Topic: Lots of late war planes?  (Read 5647 times)

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
Lots of late war planes?
« on: June 11, 2016, 10:33:16 AM »
Getting back into AH has been fun - like riding a bike I guess. I have a question - where did all of the early and mid war planes go? It seems that most of the planes in the MA are late war monsters. I can adapt, just miss seeing the wide assortment of different kinds of aircraft.
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lots of late war planes?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:36:12 AM »
they are all in the hangar. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 10:38:47 AM »
Getting back into AH has been fun - like riding a bike I guess. I have a question - where did all of the early and mid war planes go? It seems that most of the planes in the MA are late war monsters. I can adapt, just miss seeing the wide assortment of different kinds of aircraft.

One of my favorite things about the rolling plane set in WBs.  It was so fun to fight 109Es in Spit Is and Zekes in F4F-3s.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »
Most people hate to lose, so typically will choose the best plane for the job.   

The population is much lower these days and seems to have a higher concentration of experienced players than it did years ago.  This makes it more difficult to succeed in EW and MW planes now.   Back when there were hundreds of noobs online, a modestly skilled player could more easily score kills in a lower tier ride.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 10:49:17 AM »

The population is much lower these days and seems to have a higher concentration of experienced players than it did years ago.  This makes it more difficult to succeed in EW and MW planes now.   Back when there were hundreds of noobs online, a modestly skilled player could more easily score kills in a lower tier ride.

.... what he said.

Also, the game play has changed to more of a "kill count" type play instead of "fighting" type play. HOs and picks are the norm now.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »
The gang squad has prevailed, which leads to players using faster planes to escape, which leads to players using faster planes to catch them.

I wish players wouldn't have to team up so much on 1 guy, but that's just the nature of nature.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 11:36:46 AM »

Right on target 😎
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 02:34:19 PM »
I fly the pony because I pretend to be one of the flying tigers.  when I used to fly the spit9 or the zeke people used to whine because I would kill them.  only reason I cant fly the german planes is because I cant see out of them.  I already suck as it is.  my other favorite plane was the il2.  lots of kills with it.  used to fly the c205 a lot but I got bored for some reason.

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
I fly the pony because I pretend to be one of the flying tigers.  when I used to fly the spit9 or the zeke people used to whine because I would kill them.  only reason I cant fly the german planes is because I cant see out of them.  I already suck as it is.  my other favorite plane was the il2.  lots of kills with it.  used to fly the c205 a lot but I got bored for some reason.

semp

Please.  Dora has the second best viz in the game. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 03:37:36 PM »
This thread is asking for a chart...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 03:57:47 PM »
If I ever decided to come back (doubt it), the Ki-61 would still be my main ride.   However, there is nothing more exhilarating than rolling an La7 at a vulched field and downing multiple cons per sortie. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 04:00:41 PM »
If I ever decided to come back (doubt it), the Ki-61 would still be my main ride.   However, there is nothing more exhilarating than rolling an La7 at a vulched field and downing multiple cons per sortie.

They revamped the Ki61 in the new game so ya, you should prolly come back and test it out.  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »

LAs are for p----ies.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »
LAs are for p----ies.

is that why you fly them sometimes?

semp

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 04:06:03 PM »
LAs are for p----ies.

That's rich coming from you. 
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH