Author Topic: Beta 25 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 25 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:54:37 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 25 DX11 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Beta 25 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »
Loaded fine, trackir worked fine.

CV23 hanger has vanished on Greebo Map.  Repeatable.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 10:56:46 AM »
No issues in downloading 23 to 24 to 25.

What I noticed is not necessarily a bug but a feature: The flag is waving tranquilly and looks real enough but the greens shake too fast compared to the trajectory. I noticed this both in trees and grass. The branches should sway instead of tick-tocking like the arm of a  metronome set to 200.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 12:09:50 PM »
With cv1 have double vision in gv all views. Carrier hangar deck in missing (hanging over open water). Ships and boats above the water and water not there.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
With cv1 have double vision in gv all views. Carrier hangar deck in missing (hanging over open water). Ships and boats above the water and water not there.

Terry

Does your right have the issue?

HiTech

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 01:58:42 PM »
Does your right have the issue?

HiTech

I assume you mean the boat and water issues in the right eye only and yes the problems are the same in both eyes. I did notice that if I am in the air and turn my head hard left or right I see a dividing line whe the water looks ok below that line. It is like the separation between two windows.

I did not have double vision in the gv with the Vive but a lot of flashing and the boat issues were about the same. The machine gun view in the Vive was above the gun. Lots of shimmering and the Vive is a lot worse for fatigue. I can't keep it on but just a few minutes.
I do not have that problem with the rift? Could be because of flashing and shimmering.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 02:28:24 PM »
I assume you mean the boat and water issues in the right eye only and yes the problems are the same in both eyes. I did notice that if I am in the air and turn my head hard left or right I see a dividing line whe the water looks ok below that line. It is like the separation between two windows.

I did not have double vision in the gv with the Vive but a lot of flashing and the boat issues were about the same. The machine gun view in the Vive was above the gun. Lots of shimmering and the Vive is a lot worse for fatigue. I can't keep it on but just a few minutes.
I do not have that problem with the rift? Could be because of flashing and shimmering.

Terry

I meant does your RIFT have the issue of double vision. I typoed to "right" but then I read again where you said cv1, so I really should have been asking does your vive have the issue.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:26:22 PM »
CV25 is "cloaked".  I tried every external view besides the deck and it is invisible.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 04:02:21 PM »
No issues with downloading and running. FPS about 2/3 what I see in DX9.  Other players icon/ ranges are indistinct (pale and fuzzy). Noticed flag at bish base A76 was just vertical black and white strips with no green stripes or bish symbol. flags at other bish baseslooked as expected except some had horizantally moving black and white stripe. Probably meat to simulate shadows from fluttering but not very realistic.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 05:58:59 PM »
Ok, found something. When leaning to the side I get a strange effect that happens now. Its the same looking forward or backwards while looking down the side of fuselage. Only in this,DX11, doesn't happen in 9. The pics are from P-51, but happened in the spit 16 also. So far that's the only planes I have checked out at this time.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 12:07:09 AM »
1stpar3,

You are a magician.  Your head passes through the glass.  :O  That occurred before during alpha.  Let me try a pony and see if it is limited to that plane.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 02:03:45 AM »
DX11

AR 234 Engine sound starting, no sound at idle (inside or outside), throttle up has sound. Reduce throttle to idle and no sound. Repeatable

First time I quit game the cursor would not move when at game selection. It would be visible in one place when I moved mouse. Had to cntrl+alt+del. Signoff worked fine when I tried to repeat it. So it was just the first time.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 04:24:10 AM »
La-7 bouncing on the runway after landing, even if standing still.
Other than that it starts to look really good, no drops in frame rates anymore.
And have you changed the tree collision model?
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 03:21:37 PM »
1stpar3,

You are a magician.  Your head passes through the glass.  :O  That occurred before during alpha.  Let me try a pony and see if it is limited to that plane.

Well, thanks? Yeah, I figured that was what the problem was. I had seen it before, but it had been quite some time. Didn't know that I was that good as a magician!I am pretty good at making myself disappear though. Dang trees don't cooperate.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »
Ran Updater Patch 24 to 25 just a few minutes ago w\o a hitch (been out of town).

Beta 25 Dx11 version opens and exits just fine both offline and online.

Still have the same FPS drop since Beta 22, 23, 24 Dx11 versions (tower @ 37-44 FPS, flight @  45-54 FPS w\ "double loping" graphics motion w\ a short delay in between lopes).

I then went into Crimson 16.5.3 driver and disabled FreeSynch to test.....

In tower FPS dropped even more @ 26-29 FPS w\ flight @ 36-44 FPS w\ same graphics motion as described above so I exited game and reenabled AMD FreeSynch then went back in Beta 25 Dx11 version and got the same FPS ranges as originally described (FPS went back up) above.

Continue to test....................

:salute
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:55:30 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd