Author Topic: How do you become a trainer?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
How do you become a trainer?
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:44:01 PM »
Is being an AH trainer a formal position, or are you a trainer if you show up in the TA & train?
Is there an approval process?
Are there requirements for what hours you need to be available or how much time you put in per week?
Are hookers and blow included?
Do you think I'm sexy? Do you want my body? Come on baby let me know.

-== Hell Hounds ==- Official Pooper Scooper

I've got 99 problems, but a HO aint one.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: How do you become a trainer?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:09:28 PM »
I've been told you have a purdy mouth. :D

Chuikov

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 01:19:37 PM »
I was told to "be in the TA."
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »
Is being an AH trainer a formal position, or are you a trainer if you show up in the TA & train?

An official Ah trainer si a formal position. Of course, everyone can help and train other people in the TA. In fact, that's highly encouraged (and the main way to become a formal trainer eventually)

Is there an approval process?

Usually you don't apply, you get chosen...  :noid

Are there requirements for what hours you need to be available or how much time you put in per week?

In my time that wasn't the case, though it was of course expected that you are actually available und putting in some hours, but no strict schedule was ever given. I doubt that this has changed.

Are hookers and blow included?

Not formally, but real world ladies absolutely have a crush for AH trainers. I actually had a girlfriend when I was a trainer! True story!  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »

In my time that wasn't the case, though it was of course expected that you are actually available und putting in some hours, but no strict schedule was ever given. I doubt that this has changed.

I've been waiting years to see the German to sneak in  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:11:56 PM »
 :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »
Lusche, a former trainer, gave a nice explanation.  :aok

Another factor is the need for specific information. Currently we lack expertise in ground vehicles so that's something we're looking for.

Helping people in the game, the TA, and the BB, gives us an idea of your knowledge, willingness to help, ability to communicate, and character.

I never tried to be a trainer, I just helped people because I like to and because it helps me to learn.

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
Helping people in the game, the TA, and the BB, gives us an idea of your knowledge, willingness to help, ability to communicate, and character.

Character counts????  :confused:

Awwww man...  :uhoh

Looks like it might be time to execute operation Shade Swap  :bolt:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 01:58:37 AM »
Character counts????  :confused:

Awwww man...  :uhoh

Looks like it might be time to execute operation Shade Swap  :bolt:

Seriously?

I haven't seen or heard of anything bad, you might have done in the game or on the boards....

I started out back in AW right before it went SVGA version and by the time we were in beta on AOL, I had members of the Damned, the Musketeers, the 4th FG....shovelling every ounce of knowledge they had into my brain...I think it was 1996/97 when I was invited to be a trainer and I never did ask for it....

I was taught to give what I had learned from them, back to the community of the game....it is still the same best way to go about it this very day....

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:26 PM »
Bribes!!, you have to Bribe the current trainers until they like you enough to be asked to become a trainer.  It's a vicious circle.  The longer you have been a trainer the better bribes you get.  Just send me a PM for possible bribes I would like :aok :rofl

On a serious note as others have already said, helping others with proper training is your quickest route to becoming a trainer.

:salute
BigRat 
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline FishBait

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »
Seriously?

I haven't seen or heard of anything bad, you might have done in the game or on the boards....

Definitely kidding about the shade TC. Mostly kidding about the character. From time to time in the past I've had my immature moments, but nothing to write home about.

Thanks for the info all :)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 02:38:27 PM »
pssssst!! Big Rat likes those drinks with the tiny umbrellas and bon bons.......... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 09:56:13 PM »
pssssst!! Big Rat likes those drinks with the tiny umbrellas and bon bons.......... :O

Depends on who's delivering them to me  :D
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 07:30:44 AM »
Seriously?

I started out back in AW right before it went SVGA version and by the time we were in beta on AOL, I had members of the Damned, the Musketeers, the 4th FG....shovelling every ounce of knowledge they had into my brain...I think it was 1996/97 when I was invited to be a trainer and I never did ask for it....

I was taught to give what I had learned from them, back to the community of the game....it is still the same best way to go about it this very day....

Hope this helps

TC
Too bad you retired TC.  I still remember our training session almost 10 years ago (gamid SCCA at that time).  It was well worth it, and I learned a lot about flying the Hog from you. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org