Author Topic: Beta 27 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 461 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 27 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:41:57 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 27 DX9 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Re: Beta 27 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »
Engine smoke still coming into cockpit through the firewall and sides of the fuselage on start up. A6m'S and 109'S for sure. Maybe others also.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 01:48:50 PM »
The maps folder is missing. Even if it's empty, it should probably be there.

Maybe some of the guys showing interest in this thread linked below would be willing to submit their work for inclusion.

Clipboard and printable maps
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 03:02:15 PM »
Ran Updater Patch Beta 26 to 27 after running Beta 25 to 26 when I got back home off vacation....all went w\o a hitch.

Beta 26 and Beta 27 Dx9 and Dx11 versions opened and exited just fine both offline and online.

Beta 26 and 27 Dx9 versions running just fine w\ FPS as reported in earlier postings.

Looking good so far.

Continue testing.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »
Flew with another player today and he reported the control lockup present on his end.  I am 95% certain he was flying DX9 version.  I posted because, I have not had any lockups using DX11 in the last couple of patches or so.  Prior to that, the lockups were frequent and rather annoying.  I wonder if there was a fix implemented in DX11 that DX9 did not receive?

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Bugs?
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry, if I'm a little late to the show on beta testing.  I'm not sure how valuable my feedback is anyway, since with my 1GB video card I have to turn all the bells and whistles off.

None the less, I have been trying to monitor the threads here and stay updated (both with versions and  bug reports).   Here are a few things I have seen and continue to see.  Please let me know if the following numbered items have been reported/addressed and I missed it.  If not, let me know if further details/screen-shots/films would be helpful.

1) Rotating puffy clouds. When I look straight up and roll the AC a little the puffy clouds appear to rotate 180-degrees.  The higher (cirrus?) clouds remain static, but the lower puffy (cumulus?) clouds appear to rotate.  It's very strange looking and even disorienting.

2) "Sticky walls" at GV bases.  On the GV bases where you roll out of the VH and have to turn left or right to avoid the opposite building, if you hit the corner of the building the GV can elevate and then get "stuck" on the wall -- no ability to move or back up and I don't think you can end flight because (even though you are stuck motionless) the game thinks you are in motion.  Have to force-quit game to exit.

3) "Short trees" that seem to come out of the ground halfway up their stumps.  This appears to be mostly on slopes, where the trees don't appear rooted to the terrain, but start below ground level.  Not sure if others are seeing this or if it is just something on my FE.

4) "Building flicker"  When in flight, I notice buildings, particularly town buildings or anything white or reflective, has a "flickering" or "strobing" effect.  I have seen this in films posted by others as well, so I don't think it is just my FE.  I was hoping turning off all the lighting effects and reflections would get rid of the very distracting flicker from the town buildings, but it doesn't.

Again, let me know if these have already been reported/addressed or if you require further detail on any of these items.

<S>
Kingpin

p.s. Sorry, just noticed I should have posted this inside a few threads down.  Rookie mistake.  Will copy there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:15:21 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 05:17:16 PM »
I just realized I should have posted these inside this thread.

Hi all,

Sorry, if I'm a little late to the show on beta testing.  I'm not sure how valuable my feedback is anyway, since with my 1GB video card I have to turn all the bells and whistles off.

None the less, I have been trying to monitor the threads here and stay updated (both with versions and  bug reports).   Here are a few things I have seen and continue to see.  Please let me know if the following numbered items have been reported/addressed and I missed it.  If not, let me know if further details/screen-shots/films would be helpful.

1) Rotating puffy clouds. When I look straight up and roll the AC a little the puffy clouds appear to rotate 180-degrees.  The higher (cirrus?) clouds remain static, but the lower puffy (cumulus?) clouds appear to rotate.  It's very strange looking and even disorienting.

2) "Sticky walls" at GV bases.  On the GV bases where you roll out of the VH and have to turn left or right to avoid the opposite building, if you hit the corner of the building the GV can elevate and then get "stuck" on the wall -- no ability to move or back up and I don't think you can end flight because (even though you are stuck motionless) the game thinks you are in motion.  Have to force-quit game to exit.

3) "Short trees" that seem to come out of the ground halfway up their stumps.  This appears to be mostly on slopes, where the trees don't appear rooted to the terrain, but start below ground level.  Not sure if others are seeing this or if it is just something on my FE.

4) "Building flicker"  When in flight, I notice buildings, particularly town buildings or anything white or reflective, has a "flickering" or "strobing" effect.  I have seen this in films posted by others as well, so I don't think it is just my FE.  I was hoping turning off all the lighting effects and reflections would get rid of the very distracting flicker from the town buildings, but it doesn't.

Again, let me know if these have already been reported/addressed or if you require further detail on any of these items.

<S>
Kingpin
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 07:10:35 PM »
The short tree, sounds new Kingpin.  Another thing, you should post a copy of your dxdiag.txt .  Also, for the reported trees, it is very helpful to identify their location by typing .psave when you have one in view.  Then go into the settings folder for beta and there will be a cmepos.txt file created.  You can then attach that file along with your report or you can open it and copy and paste the contents.

The .psave anyfilename command (replace the word anyfilename with the name you want to designate for your file) and a file of that name will be generated in the settings folder (instead of the cmepos.txt, which gets written over by the last time you used the command).

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 10:48:36 PM »
It's Beta and they can adjust that. A tree group is about one hundred feet from one side to the other. All the tree trunk roots in the group might start up to 40' below ground level while some might be much shallower. If the group is on a slope, you don't want the ones on the low side to be above the terrain so the entire group normally starts below ground on flat terrain.
On a slope, the trees making up the group on the low side are still in the ground but the ones on the high side can be buried along with their branches. If the slope is too great, you can see the problem.
This will also be an issue for future terrain tile builders. They will need to check the height of their trees verses the depth to see that their placements is at the right elevation for any anticipated slope.

And yes, a .psave [file name] will be very useful. That tree group needs adjustment.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bugs?
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 01:57:40 AM »
Your input is valuable. For optimizing the performance it's more important to know how well the game can be run on weaker systems. It's already a known fact that high end systems run the beta very well. Keep posting!  :salute
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni