Author Topic: Motion sickness  (Read 1841 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Motion sickness
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 12:59:32 AM »
False huh? Ha! Thanks for playing.

Abundently apparent you aren't aware of it. Nearly all of your threads contain the implication that you know more / better and anyone who disagrees is immediately labelled silly, what-have-you. Doesn't cross your mind at all that the person you are now - I don't know the word - interacting with, out-qualifies you

It is when you are nearer the ground. You were so close too.

Yes it is. For fleeting periods of time as I said, which is also what your video addresses.

Ironic is it not, that you suggest this, a player renound for flying at (apparently considerable) altitude or sitting still in a Tiger on the tarmac.   :rofl

“everyone  deserves a 2nd chance”. Dale ‘HiTech’ Adink - 16th November 2023

"The game has disintegrated into a maelstrom of ill will, of which I choose not to participate in" - A wise AH player

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:11 AM »
That's what I thought when I first saw your posting on this subject. You have nothing to add to the thread except an argument.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 01:25:52 AM »
That's what I thought when I first saw your posting on this subject. You have nothing to add to the thread except an argument.

I simply don't agree it's necessary or even appropriate. That's the nature of forms and even life. People with different opinions and ideas. You can accept that and try to make your case or you can get snotty & insulting, which is what you invariably do (and brings out the worst in someone like me). The burden is on you to support your proposition & the video you posted doesn't do that.

"The game has disintegrated into a maelstrom of ill will, of which I choose not to participate in" - A wise AH player

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »
I simply don't agree it's necessary or even appropriate. That's the nature of forms and even life. People with different opinions and ideas. You can accept that and try to make your case or you can get snotty & insulting, which is what you invariably do (and brings out the worst in someone like me). The burden is on you to support your proposition & the video you posted doesn't do that.

I'm actually happy that you read what I write and take it upon yourself to come to this opinion about me. To me it's an indication of your own weakness that you imply my intentions smugness, self-satisfaction, and even arrogance as many have written. Grow a thicker skin, because I really do not care what you think and I am not going to start modifying what I write to satisfy you. I don't like you. You don't like me.

Tough.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 11:14:06 AM »
Chalenge, just letting you know, for your benefit; you're being a dick, don't be a dick.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 11:46:32 AM »
I'm actually happy that you read what I write and take it upon yourself to come to this opinion about me. To me it's an indication of your own weakness that you imply my intentions smugness, self-satisfaction, and even arrogance as many have written. Grow a thicker skin, because I really do not care what you think and I am not going to start modifying what I write to satisfy you. I don't like you. You don't like me.

Tough.

Why would I need a thicker skin? You don't bother me in the least. If many have written similar things and the common factor is you...

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
FoV restrictor in the study that Waffle posted seems to be a nice idea. 

Okay here's a swing at a wild pitch, Since Dale and staff are in development of a software application that would bolster Occulus Rift's marketing potential, a select group may have an argument for discounts  :pray or lease / loan equipment to test HiTech's customers' experience with motion sickness.

This area of scientific study design I am comfortable with.  In order to achieve the highest degree of confidence in your results it is imperative to present a design that has the highest probability to produce the effect (in this case motion sickness).  Yes, unfortunately in order to test the effectiveness of a deterrent of MS you first need to make some folks sick.  :frown: 

Secondly, you should have a respectable sample of subjects.  Any offer from the manufacturer to make the hardware more available, matched with the recruitment of new Aces High beta testers from those already with ownership of hardware would benefit all, including customer, developer and manufacturer, if the study's results are positive.  :aok

You also need to have a good plan to eliminate positive placebo responders.  Some folks are suggestible to conclusions that something is good or bad for them, even if really they have no different properties to do either.

Lastly, but most importantly HiTech's software need to incorporate a design that theoretically improves the reduction in motion sickness  :rolleyes:  This can be accomplished by using the method described in Waffle's link, addition on motion blur around edges, framerate differentials, or all or any combination of the mentioned designs and of course any that HiTech themselves have come to in house.